September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those coming this weekend for the shows like I am, i found a Bears fan guide which includes info on what kind of concessions Soldier Field has. The info about the food and drink concessions start on page three of the fan guide. This guide is real handy when it comes to finding where the concessions are in the stadium.

http://assets.chicagobears.com/assets/tickets/fan_guide_a-z.pdf

i was worried because the only food i saw was meat & dairy stuff. but then i saw that OMG THEY HAVE GUINNESS!!!! :love:

guess i won't starve after all!

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Dogs are U2 fans too, people.

My snake, Magnificent, is a superfan. He's pretty sad that he won't get to go to the NA opener. We discussed, and we don't think Southwest would be pleased with actually having snakes on a plane.

Sorry to change the subject, but....

I'm traveling alone, like so many others, so I am watching the CTA website for updates regarding public transportation, and this was posted today. I'm not using the blue line, but I know there has been a lot of talk here about the blue line, so I am hoping someone local can weigh in and give some insight as to how this will impact people using the blue line. This is on the CTA website under Press Releases.
# # #

This should only impact people taking the CTA from O'Hare into the city past Clark/Lake. If you were doing that just switch to the Brown,Purple,Orange or Green line at Clark/Lake. If you wanted the Red line, walk to the nearest Red line stop or just take another line to a near by stop.

I just spoke w/ a Rep of CTA or RTA she said for those travelling The Blue Line during the day to SF's there will be no problems but if we travel back The Blue Line AFTER 10p.m. we will have to take a Shuttle Bus back to O'Hare b/c of the construction:ohmy:

Is it just me or did these AssClowns pick the wrong weekend to do this:applaud:

What does anyone know about The Millenium Parking Garage

Meaning where is it in relation to SF's

Thanks

Sorry to change the subject, but....

I'm traveling alone, like so many others, so I am watching the CTA website for updates regarding public transportation, and this was posted today. I'm not using the blue line, but I know there has been a lot of talk here about the blue line, so I am hoping someone local can weigh in and give some insight as to how this will impact people using the blue line. This is on the CTA website under Press Releases.

Rail Service Temporarily Suspended in Blue Line’s Dearborn Subway This Weekend
9/10/2009

The final phase of the Dearborn Subway project begins this weekend and will focus on renewing 19,000 feet of track along the south end of the subway. Rail service between the Blue Line’s Clark/Lake and UIC-Halsted stations will be temporarily suspended from 10 p.m. Friday, September 11 until 4 a.m. Monday, September 14, as work continues to replace track.

Bus shuttles will operate as a substitute for rail service making stops adjacent to the Clark/Lake, Washington, Monroe, Jackson, LaSalle, Clinton and UIC-Halsted stations. Southbound buses will travel along Clark and Van Buren and northbound buses will operate via Harrison and Dearborn.

Both the Clark/Lake and UIC-Halsted stations are accessible to customers with disabilities.

Trains will operate normally from Forest Park to UIC-Halsted and from O’Hare to Clark/Lake. Customers are advised to allow extra travel time.

In 2007, CTA began a project to eliminate existing slow zones in the Dearborn subway that were having a major impact on travel time for riders. With the funds available at the time, CTA was able to make repairs that allowed trains to resume normal speeds.

From July to September 2007, repairs were made to 6,336 feet of slow zones between the Damen and Clark/Lake stations. Crews replaced more than 5,000 deteriorated wooden rail ties with concrete rail ties.

The first two phases of the current project were completed six weeks earlier than originally anticipated due to improvements in how the work was sequenced. So far, more than 20,000 feet of track have been replaced just north of the Division station to just south of the Grand station. Trains have resumed normal speeds from Division to Clark/Lake as a result, allowing riders to experience faster travel times.

Crews are replacing deteriorated wooden half ties with concrete half ties, running rail and contact (third) rail to remove emerging slow zones and help prevent the creation of new slow zones.

# # #

:doh: :censored: Good thing I came up with an alternate route

Thanks for the info...completely forgot about the updates :doh: :hug:

What does anyone know about The Millenium Parking Garage

Millenium Parking Garage is the biggest garage around SF, other than the garage at SF. It is a 15-20 min walk from the garage to SF. Just head east to the lake, turn right at the lake front path and keep going south to SF.

Anyone need a parking pass for Sat?

I'm not sure where to post this, if there is another thread please let me know. I have a VIP package for Saturday and we are not going to use the parking pass that came with it. I hate to see it go to waste, and I know parking in Chicago is very expensive. I leave tomorrow and I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency. I can't wait! I went to Dublin and saw all 3 shows and I am still in awe. Sunday is Red Zone- yeah!

I'm not sure where to post this, if there is another thread please let me know. I have a VIP package for Saturday and we are not going to use the parking pass that came with it. I hate to see it go to waste, and I know parking in Chicago is very expensive. I leave tomorrow and I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency. I can't wait! I went to Dublin and saw all 3 shows and I am still in awe. Sunday is Red Zone- yeah!

1st

parking pass for where and what?!?!?!?

I might LOL:ohmy:

You people damn near gave me a heart attack with pictures and talk of lineups already :angry:

yeah that was kind of a shock reading the soundcheck setlist. i tried to skim past it. meh. i should've figured. it was prob like that in the other threads anyway.
i'm not mad at nobody though. still excited for a kickass weekend!

1st

parking pass for where and what?!?!?!?

I might LOL:ohmy:

Sorry, was I not specific enough? The parking pass is for Soldier Field on Sat in the North Garage, I got it as part of the VIP package I bought. We are not driving, so we won't be using it.

WTF I don't remember being this nervous for 12/10/05 Cleveland Vertigo Tour

Although that was approximately what PartyGirl 25,000 people tops as opposed to 65,000:ohmy:

Sorry, was I not specific enough? The parking pass is for Soldier Field on Sat in the North Garage, I got it as part of the VIP package I bought. We are not driving, so we won't be using it.

Yes Savi forgive my ignorance LOL I mean what are the logistics of it as in will someone without the VIP Package still be able to use it & where will that someone be able to park so forth and so on:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom