September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that's a little nuts to line up this early, but I had a feeling that is what was going to happen

Let's just wait and see if they are allowed to stay. I think the wristband thing is a good idea and I hope they do it in other places and they have numbers on them

How many people does the inner circle fit?

Isnt it like in the 1000's? Sleeping on the ground for 2 days is not my idea of fun, but that's just me. Not to mention I would like to enjoy the show, not be all sore, tired, and exhausted before it even begins :lol:

Isnt it like in the 1000's? Sleeping on the ground for 2 days is not my idea of fun, but that's just me. Not to mention I would like to enjoy the show, not be all sore, tired, and exhausted before it even begins :lol:

When we did GA in Barcelona, we got in line around 6:30am (we were #832 or thereabouts), U2 went on stage at 10pm. It was like 95 degrees. It was very nice meeting the people around me in the line, I enjoyed that....and I enjoyed the vantage point lining up afforded me.....but, I don't think I've been quite as exhausted as I was when the show was over. Might explain how I got sort of lost in Barcelona and ended up in the suburbs at 2:30am. But whatever. :)

Oh no.. lol. :hug:

This is the photo I took at the stop. It's for a suburban bus, one of their night routes, heading back into Barcelona. I got to the hotel LATE, let's just say that. I also enjoy how I ended up there in the first place, but that's a tale for a select few. :)

IMG_1847.jpg

hey guys. guy running line is allowing people to not spend the night tonight. spaceholding is allowed too. obviosly, thr more people we have, the more securwe the line is.

I can hear the sound check over in the south loop. I am going to go for a run to SF and check it out.

i personally wouldn't want to be up so close for a stadium gig, especially with the Claw. i am going to enjoy standing next to the soundboard. great view, great sound!

i personally wouldn't want to be up so close for a stadium gig, especially with the Claw. i am going to enjoy standing next to the soundboard. great view, great sound!

Nice job disappearing from Interference to avoid soundcheck details. I admire your willpower, Mikal. :wink:

hey guys. guy running line is allowing people to not spend the night tonight. spaceholding is allowed too. obviosly, thr more people we have, the more securwe the line is.

This is a fan run thing right? Much like the old sharpie marker on the hand?

So is he requiring people to at least spend the night tomorrow night OR show up crack of dawn Saturday? It will be a bad scene if you have alot of people coming back to the line just a few hours before the show waving a fan-run wristband and expecting to get in front of people who show up early that morning.

I guess I'm just a little frustrated. I am 4'10" so if I can't get near a rail, inner or outer circle, I'm completely fucked.

i would recommend the very back. honestly, that's what i did for Popmart, and it was a great experience. the crowd is a little thinner so you won't be peeking around some tall dude in front of you. plus, you don't have to worry about someone stealing your spot.

That sounds crazy. The guy is "allowing" people to leave the line for the night, and "allowing" people to hold spots? If people leave the line for extended periods, how does he have the authority to make people who show up later and stay, taking the spots of people who have left for the night, move back when they come back tomorrow? I can see this being a giant clusterfuck.

i would recommend the very back. honestly, that's what i did for Popmart, and it was a great experience. the crowd is a little thinner so you won't be peeking around some tall dude in front of you. plus, you don't have to worry about someone stealing your spot.

This is the only show I was actually planning on camping for, the other two I was going to do just that, so I could enjoy the whole Claw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom