September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
Folks,

I could not find a thread for this date, so I am starting one.

I hope that we could keep Chicago-specific discussions here, esp. as these boards seem to get less traffic and may not get as clogged up as the other boards.

As of now, I am really hoping to see this show.

This is the destination for my very expensive presale code. Here's hoping my Horizon status can get me close to the stage. Chicago is the best place to see U2. I have seen them at the United Center 6 times, and they are always the best shows of the tour.

I am so pumped.

I think this might be my favorite city to see U2 in. The band really puts on great shows here (and it's only a four hour drive for me)
Plus my all time favorite hotel and some serious shopping and eating :drool:

I'm quite certain I'll use my presale for Chicago. It seems likely there'll be 2 shows there. If so, I'd like to do seats one night and GA the other.

I've been to all of the museums by Soldier's Field, but I can't remember how easy it is to get there from downtown. Walkable?

Mark

go to hotels.com and select Solider Field as the landmark
the are hotels about 0.5 miles from the stadium and its about 2 miles from downtown

actually much more walkable than the United Center is

I really like the Allerton - great location and not as expensive as the other ones in the area ( still wicked expensive though)

Definitely gonna try and go. I'm from the area, but I'll be in Texas in September, thanks to school.

This will probably be a nightmare to get tickets for I would imagine..Chicago is the one city I want to see...:hmm:

I will be using 2 out of my 4 presale tickets for this! :hyper: The other two are to maybe perhaps be used for another show to be determined! Should be a greta time. and perhaps, a bit of a cluster! :p Not looking forward to the latter!

What hotel did the band stay in last time in Chicago? I stayed very near them (maybe 3 or 4 blocks) the last time, but I cant remember the name of their hotel.

Definately going to be there! It's about a 5 hour drive from Cincy. Chi-town is always a great show!!!! And the Cubs play the Reds that weekend...never been to a game a Wrigley. I see a plan in the works!!

yep. i'll be there for one show, and then treat myself to hopefully a Wisconsin show in 2010.

Wow...the hotels near Soldier Field are around $200-250 per night. I may sleep in the van! LOL

In 2005, I drove home after the show at the United Center. Took me until about 1:30am to get from the arena to the expressway. Rolled in the driveway around 7am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom