September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seconded :hyper:

I have to eat before the show, at least 2 or 3 times. Because of my diabetes, skipping meals or replacing them with snacks is not an option. People would be cool with me leaving the line for a bit just to grab a bite to eat a few times, right?

If anyone has a problem with a diabetic chick leaving the line to eat, they can talk to me. :wink:

I'm going to aim for seats, but will take what I can get during the pre-sale.

I may .... MAY, mind you, try for GA for Vancouver.

But god, GA stresses me out just thinking about it. Although the idea of hanging out with a bunch of you fine folk eases the pain. But still .... no thanks. ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one aiming for seats. I was beginning to feel left out :reject: :wink:

I'll try to bring some donuts or something for you GA people :shifty:

You won't have any problem leaving the line to eat, use the restroom, etc... Those in front of and behind you will know you and hold your spot. In Cleveland, I got there around 5AM and some people had put their blankets and stuff down close to the front of the line. Never saw those people at all until right before we were let in. Now THAT was bullshit. There's a difference between NEEDING to leave to attend to..ahem, business, and just marking your spot and going home for 5-6 hours. Margaritas and donuts...great combo. I am planning to do Soldier Field, but don't know yet if I will get GA or a seat. After having been right up against the stage, a seat in the nosebleeds would really suck.

Absolutely! And remember that crazy chick and her mom? The one that was trying to push everyone around to get to the front? She was :coocoo:

You mean who tried to get in front of me with kid next to me? Oh, Daryl and I took care of them by picking her up and out of the way!

Sorry but don't give me the "I'm short argument!" because we're the same height! OMG!

The nerve of some people!

Seconded :hyper:

I have to eat before the show, at least 2 or 3 times. Because of my diabetes, skipping meals or replacing them with snacks is not an option. People would be cool with me leaving the line for a bit just to grab a bite to eat a few times, right?

If they don't then they will just get over it! No way you can let your health go because others get all pissed about you leaving. Not like you are not putting in the time in the line.

Cori by the end of the night I just might be envious of you sitting up there in the seats :lol:

For those of you thinking about seats for Chicago, have you given any thought to a general location or price level?

I'm totally torn. I won't commit to more than several hours waiting in a GA line (bad back), but I'd hate to have crappy seats for what could be my only show of the leg.

Mark--- :pray: 2 Chicago shows, 2 Chicago shows, 2...

For those of you thinking about seats for Chicago, have you given any thought to a general location or price level?

It depends on what I can get during the pre-sale, but I'd also like to see a chart first. Where are those $250 tickets going to be? Are the $90 tickets that much farther away?

Also, I'm going to try and buy 2 or 3 tickets so I'll have extra to sell/give to other friends of mine who maybe weren't so lucky during the pre-sale and who want to come to Chicago. But I want to make sure those friends can afford the tickets I buy, too.

Decisions, decisions ...

Go to hotels.com. I've found some awesome deals there! :up:

ah thanks :up: I found some much cheaper ones only a mile away so i might go for that instead. I'll talk to my dad and my group about it

I'll just... have to agree? :wink: I think Shannon will be going to try and convince everyone (including me) of lining up Friday already. IF she'll provide the blankie and chair, of course :flirt: :lol:

One of the members of my group is really gungho ...he suggested we get there a week early :lol:

I think I've convinced everyone to camp out Friday :up:

:D

I'm too much of a control freak (and short, with a teeny bladder) for GA, I swear.

Ahem I'm sort of like this too, only sort of :shifty: But am opting for GA... Is it madness? :lol: Meh I can keep thinking about this over and over again but that will get me more stressed... This time I think I'm just going to let the heart decide. I really, really want to experience this :heart: And, knowing the great people who'll be with me and know me, I'm sure they won't mind either me hopping off a few times, hopefully, to go to the bathroom, take some medication (yes, I need to do this sometimes too) and stuff. Let's hope the rest of the people in the GA line will respect this, too :) It's not like I'll be gone for hours, unlike some people. I mean what's the deal with putting your stuff there and then LEAVE for 6 hours?? :crack:

One of the members of my group is really gungho ...he suggested we get there a week early :lol:

Now that made me laugh :lmao:

Ahem I'm sort of like this too, only sort of :shifty: But am opting for GA... Is it madness? :lol: Meh I can keep thinking about this over and over again but that will get me more stressed... This time I think I'm just going to let the heart decide. I really, really want to experience this :heart: And, knowing the great people who'll be with me and know me, I'm sure they won't mind either me hopping off a few times, hopefully, to go to the bathroom, take some medication (yes, I need to do this sometimes too) and stuff. Let's hope the rest of the people in the GA line will respect this, too :) It's not like I'll be gone for hours, unlike some people. I mean what's the deal with putting your stuff there and then LEAVE for 6 hours?? :crack:

imo it's totally worth it. and if you know people I'm sure they won't mind you leaving to go to the bathroom and stuff, presumably they'd need to do that too :wink: but yeah I think as long as you're nice to the people around you and not gone for 6 hours (agreed, what the hell is that about, I was at the Cleveland show and that was some bullshit) then you're cool. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

The main thing is making sure you don't have to go the bathroom once you're by the stage...no way you're gonna be able to leave and get back then :lol: it wasn't a problem for me last time though so I'm not too worried about it

we should tally up how many of us are going ... looks like a ton!

:D

I'm too much of a control freak (and short, with a teeny bladder) for GA, I swear.

I did the "sleeping in the parking lot" thing once. I did get a great spot to see the show (thanks to the GA veterans I was with at the time). But I have no desire to do it again anytime soon :lol:

It would be great if we could all aim for a section ("let's get tickets in 103!"), but I don't think that's possible :lol:

When my brother and I were at the United Center for the Vertigo show, we seat-hopped while Dashboard Confessional was playing.

I'm 5'3 and am gonna get me some of them Dr. Scholl's or whatever. :drool:
I'm scared that I'm gonna get trampled in the GA crowd, but I've been to a bunch of local metal shows in the area so the "moshing" won't be too hard. :wink:
I'm mostly concerned about how I'll store my belongings and use the washroom. :|

... gotta get me one of them waist packs too :hmm:..

I'm scared that I'm gonna get trampled in the GA crowd, but I've been to a bunch of local metal shows in the area so the "moshing" won't be too hard. :wink:

yeah I've gone to hardcore shows like Norma Jean and I survived Rage Against the Machine ... U2 should be fine. Although GA in a stadium is gonna be nuts

I'm mostly concerned about how I'll store my belongings and use the washroom. :|

... gotta get me one of them waist packs too :hmm:..

well...what I'd reccommend is chill in line with whatever but then before they line everyone up for good, bring your belongings back to your home/hotel/car/have someone pick them up/something like this. people will let you leave and come back

as for the bathroom, dont drink anything past a certain point in the afternoon and just hope you dont have to go once youre in. im pretty sure its gonna be impossible to leave GA and come back to your spot once they've let everyone in

When do tickets go on sale for this show? I'm moving to Chicago in August. It worked out pretty well.

I thought there was a March 30 date next to the city listing on one of the lists we saw - not sure if that would indicate the general sale or the first day of the pre-sales.

Obviously, I don't know that for sure, but I saw that date mentioned somewhere on a list someone had copied and pasted from somewhere.

I'm looking forward to the GA line...expecting to be with a group of 8 or 9 coming from all over...one coming all the way from Dem. Rep. of Congo (seriously). We'll have a great time in line, but i doubt we'll show up on Friday night. I've never lined up the night before a show, and just don't know if I could bring myself to do it. I don't have to be on the rail...4 or 5 bodies back is ok with me. I'm hoping we can manage that with a morning line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom