September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, and hopefully people will take that into consideration...

Not to start anything, but in my experience, the lines that got started unusually early were initiated by Zootopians (Hawaii, Portland). So lets all go out, enjoy the town, have a nice dinner and start the lines well into the evening mkay? I would say morning, but that is never going to happen. :lol:

Personally, I think around midnight is a good time to start a line. Any earlier seems like such a waste... At midnight you can settle in, talk to people for a bit and then try to get some rest. The earliest I ever got into line was at 10:00 PM in Hawaii, the day before the show, but considering people started to line up 2 days before.... :crack:

When I showed up to a show during the Elevation Tour at about 6 pm the night before and my number was something like 32, that's when I decided for myself that I can't compete with that level of lunacy and frankly, don't care to.

I love the band as much as the next person. But if I'm travelling to a city, especially one I've never been to, I want at least one day to do the tourist thing before lining up for GA.

The other beneftit of Solider Field is the surrounding area including The Adler Planetarium, The Shedd Aquarium ( really :heart: this one), The Field Museum of Natural History and an actual park.

I'm hoping to come out for this. I'm leaning toward getting seats, just to give me more wiggle room for traveling. I'm a big baby when it comes to flying, so depending where I'm living by the fall, I may just do a crazy road trip :reject:

Hells yes we were! :love:

l_525a9b1eb5ea58349637af5a59e24a16.jpg

Ahhhhhh memories.....that looks like my hand with #4 :up:

We should be able to do this show, I'm guessing we'll be in line sometime Friday-

A little Brisk? HAHA!

yeah no kidding :lol:

I think the line started around midnight... I have no idea what I am doing this time around. Things are much different and I have a husband that wants to go to a show but does not feel like spending too much time in line, and knowing me and my stupid line nazi ways, he has to put in the time with me or not at all. Doubt we will camp, so probably just get there early morning. :hmm:

If I showed up at midnight I'd just be chillin, no tent for me ... I dunno if I can convince my friends to go that early :lol: if not maybe I'll just go myself, there's two of them so they can be together somewhere else :wink:

seriously though as big as the stage is and that circle thingy that I assume will be like the rail, there will probably be plenty of people with good GA spots even if they're not #1 in line. So maybe I'll just wait til ... 2 am :p

yeah no kidding :lol:

As my mom collapses :lol:

:uhoh: ok, so if you weren't there you might not think that's so funny.

If I showed up at midnight I'd just be chillin, no tent for me ... I dunno if I can convince my friends to go that early :lol: if not maybe I'll just go myself, there's two of them so they can be together somewhere else :wink:

seriously though as big as the stage is and that circle thingy that I assume will be like the rail, there will probably be plenty of people with good GA spots even if they're not #1 in line. So maybe I'll just wait til ... 2 am :p

I mean, I'm definitely cool with hanging out with whoever, so you wouldn't be in line alone :wink:

We should be able to do this show, I'm guessing we'll be in line sometime Friday-

fine then I'll show up thursday :angry:

:wink:

As my mom collapses :lol:

:uhoh: ok, so if you weren't there you might not think that's so funny.

well it wasn't exactly funny at the time either, but I guess in retrospect...? lol

ok a few dumb questions
1. How close are the closest hotels and when do I need to book them?
2. As long as you're cool with the people around you can you leave and come back? I'm not gonna go wander off for 3 hours but I'll probably want to go back to the hotel a few times (assuming it's within walking distance) to go to the bathroom and stuff
3. When do they officially line people up so you can't leave?

I'm probably coming up on Thursday and driving - the beauty of the 3 day (albeit 12 hour) work week. I can't justify the expense of plane tickets but it will probably translate to the same in gas money as I have a big mama SUV :reject:

Edit - I believe that anyone can be a railskank - certain attributes however do help

I just convinced another person to go with me :drool:

One who has GA'd with me before and 2 casual U2 fans...U2 virgins...I assume they will become U2 fanatics after seeing them live

Soon enough...

Ahhhhhh memories.....that looks like my hand with #4 :up:

Sorry to join this late, but as a St. Louisan, Chicago is the best we will get (where's the 'Lou love U2?). I love the hands picture, I should take a picture of the line order list (I was the line nazi) from Atlanta last time around...man I'm a loser.

So, it seems like a lot of people are meeting up before the show starts.. I'd love to hang out and chill with some of you in line.. I've never met anyone on this forum in person. :reject: :reject:

There's a definite good chance that I will be still be tipsy when going into the GA line. :reject:

:shifty:
Me too... actually, I'll probably be smoking a joint before the show. It enhances sound and vision... :shh:

... the goal is soul, right? :wink:

So, it seems like a lot of people are meeting up before the show starts.. I'd love to hang out and chill with some of you in line.. I've never met anyone on this forum in person. :reject: :reject:

DO IT

actually, I'll probably be smoking a joint before the show. It enhances sound and vision... :shh:

I did that for Radiohead :drool:

... :shifty:

ANYWAY

where y'all stayin? I think I'm gonna swing it for the Best western (.4 miles away). Split between 4 people its not that bad, like $150 for 2 nights with their dumb $100 tax. basically gonna ask my dad for a shit ton of money to book the hotel now and get paid back later ... hope he says yes ... if not I'll ask my mom... I need a job :lol:

I was actually gonna spend the summer with a job saving up for U2; I didn't know the tickets would be on sale so early...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom