Philly Fans - What Are You Going to Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Are you going to New York? Going to DC? Or are you like me and only could have gone to a show in Philly?

Seriously, I'm furious with U2. Not that it means shit, but this is fucking bullshit. Philly's the fifth biggest market in America! What the fuck?

I really dont think they are done adding dates yet.

If they are, they will have many MANY angry fans.

I think they'll add dates to cities already named when shows sell out, but I think any cities that aren't already mentioned aren't getting shows.

That cant be because there is no way they would completely skip Northern California.

I think they'll add dates to cities already named when shows sell out, but I think any cities that aren't already mentioned aren't getting shows.

why not? they've done that for both the vertigo and elevation tours

Guess all them Philly fans will have to schlep all the way to Jersey then. Btw, so far there have been no shows scheduled in New York.

New York City doesnt have a stadium fo U2's new stage setup. They have to pop it up in Jersey. NYC is too cramped to have a Stadium

SMB

the Philly show could still be added... u2 plays Giants Stadium on Thurs Sept 24th and then in DC on Tues Sept 29th, so a Sat 9/26 or Sun 9/27 date is still possible...
we shall see

Guess all them Philly fans will have to schlep all the way to Jersey then. Btw, so far there have been no shows scheduled in New York.

East Rutherford is southern New York City in the same way that Camden is east Philadelphia. It's only legal stuff that prevents it from being the same thing (silly state lines and whatnot).

If they were playing Camden I'd be joyous right now. It's the same thing.

the more i think about it, the more i think that it's probably not up to u2 for skipping philly. either conflict with the linc, stupid venue management or contract restrictions, maybe? i haven't heard of livenation doing concerts at the linc or wachovia center, have you? whenever livenation held a concert, it was always at camden tweeter center (or whatever it's called nowadays...)

the linc has been used for concerts... the first event there was a springsteen concert and kenny chesney sells it out every summer...
has to be some sort of hold up with the nfl and the eagles

I can't believe this.....

Honestly, how can you name dates at Boston, Giants Stadium (NY/NJ), and D.C. and not have Philly along the way? It just does not make sense. I think it very possible that the Eagles schedule for 2009 is playing into the non annoucement of a philadelphia date if the tour is to stick to football stadiums. I hope they do add a date as was suggested on the 26th or 27th or that they return in the spring/summer/fall or 2010. This band will not forget this city.

I am beyond mad right now. I hope the Eagles or the Linc get this shit together and get us a date

I'm slightly confused? What is the talk about u2.com taking down the dates? When checked, everything was as it was? Also, there is a thread about withdrawn dates. The original poster stated that Billboard posted all the second leg dates, Philly at the Linc was on the list. When he stated second leg America, did he mean overall leg two, or leg three/ four part two America??

I'm so confused on that part. I'm going to use my presale for Jersey and Boston tickets.

06-30 Barcelona Spain Camp Nou

07-07 Milan Italy San Siro
07-11 Paris France Stade de France
07-15 Nice France Charles Ehrmann Park
07-18 Berlin Germany Olympic Stadium
07-20 Amsterdam Netherlands Arena
07-24 Dublin Ireland Croke Park
07-31 Gothenburg Sweden Ullevi Stadium

08-03 Gelsenkirchen Germany Veltins-Arena
08-06 Chorzow Poland Slaski Stadium
08-10 Zagreb Croatia Maksimir Stadium
08-14 London UK England Wembley Stadium
08-18 Glasgow UK Scotland Hampden Park
08-20 Sheffield UK England Don Valley Stadium
08-22 Cardiff UK Wales Millennium Stadium

09-12 Chicago IL United States Soldier Field
09-16 Toronto ON Canada Rogers Centre
09-20 Foxboro MA United States Gillette Stadium
09-24 East Rutherford NJ United States Giants Stadium
09-29 Landover MD United States FedEx Field

10-01 Charlottesville VA United States Scott Stadium
10-03 Raleigh NC United States Carter-Finley Stadium
10-06 Atlanta GA United States Georgia Dome
10-09 Tampa FL United States Raymond James Stadium
10-12 Arlington TX United States Cowboys Stadium
10-14 Houston TX United States Reliant Stadium
10-19 Norman OK United States Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
10-20 Phoenix AZ United States University of Phoenix Stadium
10-23 Las Vegas NV United States Sam Boyd Stadium
10-25 Pasadena CA United States Rose Bowl
10-28 Vancouver BC Canada B.C. Place Stadium

Nothing to be COnfused about

SMB

We know where they are playing, and seeing that again is rubbing it in, to me, that we don't have a show

I read somewhere else that there are to be 40 US dates which sounds more like a tour. Why announce only sixteen at this point? There are too many scheduling gaps. And damn the "official" schedule.

Philly is just unreasonable probably where they are doing a show 2 hours north and a few hours south. It's a stadium tour. They'll probably add 2 more shows at Giants Stadium for Philly fans. Driving two hours to see a show isnt a hudge deal. I have to travel three to get to Foxboro. Most people must travel further. I feel bad for the people in the midwest who arent even getting a show cept Chicago.

SMB

I'll agree with that line of logic, except they came to Philly for Popmart, and Joshua Tree when they also did NY and DC. Add two more shows at NY? Fine, but annouce them up front so I can get my ducks lined up.

Are you going to New York? Going to DC? Or are you like me and only could have gone to a show in Philly?

Two words: KNIFE CRIME :mad:

I'm really not sure what I'm doing yet. I'm possibly going to be changing jobs. If I end up in the Midwest, I'll go to Chicago, but chances are I'll end up either back in or near PA. I really don't want to go to New York, so that means a really long trip to Boston, Toronto, or DC. Because I teach and can't easily take time off, that makes lining up for GA early really difficult.

MaddyU2 posted this info in another thread:

I don't post here a lot but I'm from Philly. The local radio station is WMMR and the afternoon DJ Pierre Robert stated earlier today that the band would not come to Philadelphia until 2010. I don't know where he got his info from, so take it with a grain of salt but he is pretty reliable. I hope this is true cause I can only see them in Philly since traveling is not an option for me. Just wanted to pass this along.

shaun, i understand the closeness from philly to 2 other shows...
i think the major outcry is that philly is a MAJOR market and is without a show in an area that u2 never misses and always sells out...
thats why everyones upset

sorry, I should have posted that above info in this thread, but i didn't see it at the time. :reject:

Maybe they'll turn to Franklin Field again like they did for POP? :hmm:

...Tour organizers, if you're reading this, show PHILLY some :heart:LOVE!!!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom