October 8, 2010 Olympic Stadium, Rome, Italy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know about tickets at ticketone.it, but I just didn't want seats. I had seats last time and tell the truth I didn't really like the experience. It even made me feel like: "Oh no, I'll never buy seats anymore". It's not the same. Also my mother has never been in the standing area and she really wanted. I'm also aware about tickets releasing right before the event, it happens all the time. But I can't risk, because I need to plan my trip, to buy plane tickets, etc. Since I will be spending alot of money on a long flight, a hotel, etc. I want to get the best from the concert. I think it's worth it. Honestly.

Then I hope you aren't risking anything with bying the ticket from someone. I just think it's wrong to offer tickets at ridiculous prices to fans and I wouldn't buy any personally. I was lucky enough to get tickets in front of the stadium for various shows where I hadn't been able to buy them in general sale.

To be honest, I don't like seats either, but I had one for the second Milano show and it was awsome, I'll never forget that experience. I would only take seats in countries like Spain or Italy, because the atmosphere is so great, and it's also a great spot to take pictures.

I just think it's wrong to offer tickets at ridiculous prices to fans and I wouldn't buy any personally.

I agree, especially when that person says that he will be attending the concert too. It isn't right that one fans want get profit from other fans :( But my mother wanted to go that much so I tried all possible ways to find GA tickets.

To be honest, I don't like seats either, but I had one for the second Milano show and it was awsome, I'll never forget that experience. I would only take seats in countries like Spain or Italy, because the atmosphere is so great, and it's also a great spot to take pictures.
I'm really glad to hear it! This summer I was on my vacation in Rome for the first time and Italians were so nice.
When I had seats I was a bit upset because of people. They were sitting still like they came to listen to an opera. They even didn't smile. I felt like I was there the only one who came at the ROCK concert. But I hadn't a possibility to stand up, because I was said that I was blocking their view. My sector was silent. No singing, no ovations. I was looking at the jumping crows in and outside of the circle and I wished I would be there instead, even if too far from the stage.

I am in the seats for this show.
My first Italian show!

I am sure that it will be an amazing atmosphere everywhere in the stadium!

Yeah, I know about tickets at ticketone.it, but I just didn't want seats. I had seats last time and tell the truth I didn't really like the experience. It even made me feel like: "Oh no, I'll never buy seats anymore". It's not the same. Also my mother has never been in the standing area and she really wanted. I'm also aware about tickets releasing right before the event, it happens all the time. But I can't risk, because I need to plan my trip, to buy plane tickets, etc. Since I will be spending alot of money on a long flight, a hotel, etc. I want to get the best from the concert. I think it's worth it. Honestly.

Don't feel bad, I too ended up paying over face. I don't like seats either, so I ended up buying through GetMeIn. I just couldn't take the risk GA's wouldn't drop and I didn't want to risk buying scalped tix outside the show. I don't even like doing that in the states let alone a country where I don't speak the language.

So, now I'm all set for what will sure be the best. vacation. ever. Thanks to Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations I also have a couple of restaurant options. Is it October yet? :hyper:

screenshot20100829at330.png

I'm staying in the city center, bought a map today. I haven't been in Rome for quite some time and I'm really looking forward to seeing the city again.

Is there any gathering/meeting planned?

I'm near the Colosseum and have never been to Rome. I'm so freaking excited.

So far no plans, but I'm sure we can put something together.

I'm doing GA, but with my ankle issue, I won't be in line all day, will just plan on getting to the stadium in time to see the band arrive and hear soundcheck.

So, any pub/bar recommended for a meetup, maybe Thursday night? I would love to. I stay in a hotel between the center, termini station and St. Pietro, so it's only a few metro stations away from St. Pietro and maybe I can even walk there after the concert. Can't wait to see beautiful Rome again, I'm already starting to study my city guides and maps and brushing up on my Italian.

I have no idea, but I'm sure we can find something for Thursday!

I'm near the Termini station, so I think I will need to take the Metro back from the show.

I can't believe that in 2 weeks I'm going to be in Italy. I'm so freaking excited as it will be my first trip to Europe.

So for those of you in seats, looks like U2 Place is planning some choreography for ISHFWILF. It should look pretty cool if they can pull it off. Italian flag on one side, Irish flag on the other and ONE in the middle. For more info just check out their forums.
I was trying to read their forums through Google translate :D Sounds really interesting. Does someone know Italian here? :D I've just read they also want people from GA to join that choreography too. And I'm wondering how.

I was trying to read their forums through Google translate :D Sounds really interesting. Does someone know Italian here? :D I've just read they also want people from GA to join that choreography too. And I'm wondering how.

Let me know if you find out, if they pull this off it will be an amazing sight :drool:

I'm sorry for you guys (and for me too), but the choreography will be only for the people in the stands...no GA :huh:
But it will be great the same...trust in the italian fans :wink:

I've met some of the organisers a few times and they showed me printouts of their plans. They look absolutely AMAZING! Italy has a great record of organising spectacular flashmobs, this will be the best one yet!

I'm sorry for you guys (and for me too), but the choreography will be only for the people in the stands...no GA :huh:
But it will be great the same...trust in the italian fans :wink:

I really can't wait to see this, good luck pulling it off!

hi,due to a family illness I may have 2 ga tix for Friday,unfortunatly I cannot confirm this yet.if so will confirm nearer the day.i arrive in Rome on Friday so would need to meet up to sell tickets I only want face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom