October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW -- I looked at the U2.com thread you posted with the Raleigh pre-sale link. It looks like the source of the link was an email from livenation and thus DOES appear to be legit. I am a skeptic by nature so I always love to investigate my sources (I am a law school student). :hmm:

Water under the bridge for sure!

sweet

How did you get him to shake your hand?

A couple weeks after the show, I emailed a diehard fan that I met in the GA line (and who I've been trying to catch up with again -- she was on livejournal as "bonorattle") and we were trying to piece together how I was the fortunate one. One theory was that Steve (who accompanies Bono everywhere, a large bald guy who does security, and whose name I THINK I have right) was standing right in front of me on the rail. Maybe Bono saw him and then my hand. Another theory is that I'm 6'5" and my hand was a little more accessible to Bono that the others. Maybe a combo of both. :huh:

The group around and behind me kept saying 'dude... nice job... you got it!" It all happened so fast I needed my brother who was with me to remind me what song they'd just finished, etc. It was an amazing night.

Do you happen to have an mp3 of "People Get Ready"? The youtube clip cuts out the first part of Bono mentioning my sign.

Have you tried the audio from the dvd of the night? do you have the dvd?

Also, I see you are going to the C-Ville and DC shows, did you get GAs for those? I am hoping it will be as easy to get GAs for the Raleigh show as it was for the C-Ville show. I got my GAs for DC and C-Ville from the pre-sale but apparently it was really easy during the general sale for Charlottesville.

I got GA for Fedex and Scott. I may forgo GA @ Fedex and find seats b/c I want to take my father to see them. It's easier on him if he can sit every so often. I'm not sure what I'll do about this, but C'ville will see me bright and early on show day.

Hope we didn't derail the thread too much. Sorry if I did.

Link

BTW -- I looked at the U2.com thread you posted with the Raleigh pre-sale link. It looks like the source of the link was an email from livenation and thus DOES appear to be legit. I am a skeptic by nature so I always love to investigate my sources (I am a law school student). :hmm:

Well... could have just as easily gone the other way. Suddenly I'd be 'aiding and abetting' some schmuck phisher. My guilt complex would have a field day with that one. Glad everything's cool.

Raleigh Fans let your voice be heard

All those that want and need a Raleigh show let the band know.....
We missed our POPMART show so bring us 360u2.....

just.....whatever you do, please don't start an online petition.....please......

Just saw this...looks like Raleigh is confirmed...

U2 360 TOUR Presented by BlackBerry: FASTEST SELL OUT & LARGEST CONCERT ATTENDANCE IN ROSE BOWL HISTORY

U2 CONCERT SOLD OUT AT 90,000 TICKETS!

TOTAL TICKET SALES FOR U2 360 TOUR REACH 2.5 MILLION

LOS ANGELES, April 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- With combined sales this morning of over 450,000 tickets sold, U2 360 Tour has now surpassed an amazing 2.5 million tickets sold throughout Europe and North America since the tour was announced on March 9th.

The response to the tour has been overwhelming as records continue to shatter as new shows are put on sale. In Los Angeles, at 4:00 pm today, tour promoters Live Nation announced that the Rose Bowl performance was sold out at 90,000 tickets. This makes U2's October 25th performance both the fastest selling and the largest attended concert to play the Rose Bowl in history.

Last Monday, when the first North American shows were put on sale, U2 360 Tour, presented by BlackBerry, set the largest single day attendance records in New York (82,000 tickets sold), Boston (72,000 tickets sold) and Chicago (65,000 tickets sold). This morning continued the trend as a 2nd and final New York Giant Stadium performance (Sept. 25th) was an immediate sell-out, bringing the total tickets sold at that venue to 164,000. In Washington sales quickly surpassed 60,000 tickets sold in the first few hours while the 2nd Chicago concert (Sept 13th) sold an additional 60,000 tickets. Vancouver kept up the momentum with over 57,000 tickets sold. Along with the huge L.A. success, additional on-sales in Atlanta, Tampa and the second Boston performance brought today's total ticket sales to over 450,000.

The European sales have also been record breaking. At Dublin's Croke Park, 160,000 tickets for U2 360 Tour performances on July 24th and 25th sold out in just 40 minutes leading to the immediate announcement of a 3rd and final event in that city. Sales in Gothenburg and Amsterdam were so brisk that 2nd performances were added and sold out within hours of them going on sale. In Zagreb all previous sales records in that country were shattered with an unprecedented two sold out stadium events. U2's tour opener in Barcelona sold out in 54 minutes becoming the fastest ever sold out show in the history of pop music in Spain with a second show subsequently added.

The final 2009 concert dates were also announced today. Tickets for U2 concerts in Raleigh, NC on October 3rd at Carter Finlay Stadium as well as the October 18th performance in Norman, OK at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium go on sale this Friday. Tickets for the October 23rd performance at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV go on sale this Saturday. And lastly, tickets for the October 12th performance in Dallas, TX at New Cowboys Stadium, in Houston, TX on October 14th at Reliant Stadium and in Phoenix, AZ on October 20th at University of Phoenix Stadium will go on sale Monday, April 20th.

Full details of all dates and on-sale information as well as a virtual model of the unique production and seating positions can be found on a dedicated microsite at U2.com. Subscribers to U2's official website U2.com will have an opportunity to purchase tickets in advance of the public on sale date.

AWESOME !! - :applaud: Thats the information that I've been waiting for .

Now for a quick /dumb question: Currently I'm an "unrenewed" member @ U2.com. Is there a membership that would be beneficial for me to sign up for in advance of ticket sales at this point ? I really don't want to miss out on decent ticket selection ( e.g. GA tix) for this show due to cost and proximity . I was wavering on paying dues/etc.. through U2.com for the past few weeks but then it appeared there may be 2nd thoughts about the Raleigh show :crack: What's the best course of action considering recent ticket sales ?

:huh:

AWESOME !! - :applaud: Thats the information that I've been waiting for .

Now for a quick /dumb question: Currently I'm an "unrenewed" member @ U2.com. Is there a membership that would be beneficial for me to sign up for in advance of ticket sales at this point ? I really don't want to miss out on decent ticket selection ( e.g. GA tix) for this show due to cost and proximity . I was wavering on paying dues/etc.. through U2.com for the past few weeks but then it appeared there may be 2nd thoughts about the Raleigh show :crack: What's the best course of action considering recent ticket sales ?

:huh:

If you want to be absolutely sure of getting GA's, sign up at U2.com asap. Those that get in the system sooner, get presale before other U2.com members get presale. They split presale sales into 3 different groups pending on when you signed up with U2.com. And if you wait until U2 announces NC you'll be in the boots catagory which is last presale. Though all groups have been getting GA's so far. The possible upside though, presale tickets to U2.com members might have some signature on the ticket allowing us to get into the stadium before the General sale ticket buyers. It's worth it to sign up to U2.com. But I'm not sure how American shows are selling, I bought Dublin tickets and that was the most wanted show this year so I signed up at U2.com and got presales.

Sell out Raleigh? I don't know, and I don't know if it matters - they're coming.

If I lived in North Dakota I would be so happy but would it be smart for U2 to play to me and my friend in a big stadium? Of course not and I wouldn't be complaining either. I rather drive or fly somewhere to see them play to full capacity. That is why I am not so sure about them playing Raleigh. They even had to cancel a show during the PopMart Tour saying it had to do with the screen being damaged. Heck, I would love U2 to play every single corner in the world but it is just not good for them. Hope Raleigh this time around does have more people buying tickets.

I will be flying to Ireland, L.A., Mexico City, Las Vegas (if they reschedule that show), etc. Doesn't matter.

I have pretty strong reason to believe Pearl Jam will be opening this show

Well, I don't know if that's a sarcastic response to the fact that these damn press releases some of us keep posting are proving to be at least a little premature, inaccurate? :huh:

I am getting frustrated with Live Nation (who really is putting out these press releases) not being in synch with U2. They're so completely in bed with each other but apparently not atuned to each other (sorry - taking metaphors way too far).

But, I hope you are not kidding and that your reason to believe proves accurate. I am NOT the world's biggest PJ fan. I bought 10 before it got any airplay based on word of mouth. Didn't quite live up to my expectations. I REALLY liked Vitalogy but haven't followed them much since then. All said, I hear they're great live so would love to see them.

Saw that today as well, looks like 2 for me for ATL tomorrow and then 2 for Raleigh later this month, should be quite the 10/3-10/6!!!
I picked up 2 for Atlanta yesterday.... If I can keep my luck alive & get tix again on Friday for Raleigh, my October will look like this:
Oct 1 - Charlottesville GAs
Oct 3 - Raleigh GAs
Oct 6 - Atlanta lower level reserved (which I may try to trade for GAs)

:hyper: x 100000000000000000 :D

Warning to anyone who might be participating in an NC State Pre-Sale:

During the University of Virginia pre-sale for the C-Ville show there we no GAs available. I am guessing there is a policy of not releasing GAs in "venue pre-sales" seeing this has been the trend in the other East Coast stadiums. I panicked during the UVA pre-sale when I didn't get any GAs but was patient and waited until the next day for the Fanclub pre-sale and easily scored two. People were also getting them during the general sale. So don't get scared and buy seats thinking there will be no GAs left.

I picked up 2 for Atlanta yesterday.... If I can keep my luck alive & get tix again on Friday for Raleigh, my October will look like this:
Oct 1 - Charlottesville GAs
Oct 3 - Raleigh GAs
Oct 6 - Atlanta lower level reserved (which I may try to trade for GAs)

:hyper: x 100000000000000000 :D

Wish I could do the trifecta too, but my wife would kill me!! I'm already taking my daughter out of school for 2 days for the ATL trip, but it's roughly once every 4 years!!! Oct. can't come fast enough!

During the University of Virginia pre-sale for the C-Ville show there we no GAs available. I am guessing there is a policy of not releasing GAs in "venue pre-sales" seeing this has been the trend in the other East Coast stadiums. I panicked during the UVA pre-sale when I didn't get any GAs but was patient and waited until the next day for the Fanclub pre-sale and easily scored two. People were also getting them during the general sale. So don't get scared and buy seats thinking there will be no GAs left.

Interesting. For whatever reason, I assumed that the venue presale would come after the fanclub presale. From your post, it appears the opposite. This could change my approach to getting tix for the Raleigh date. Thanks for the heads-up. :wave: Does anyone else know when the Wolfpack Club presale might be held? :hmm:

Wow... I didn't realize that GAs weren't available during the pre-sale. That's crazy, huh? But I'm living proof that they could be bought during the general sale - I got 3 online w/Ticketmaster in a matter of about 10-15 minutes, after only two attempts. Oddly enough, I made 4 attempts for GAs in Atlanta & finally opted to pay for reserved seats so I didn't get shut out. I'm hoping that Raleigh's GAs are as easy for me to score as Charlottesville was. :pray:

Raleigh will sell out

Don't doubt North Carolina. this state is in the top 5 American states for populatin growth. (Maybe due to our tobacco rights protection e.g. you can still smoke in restaraunts) And we're centrally located amongst the East coast so all fans can drive in. It will be a big show.

I'm going to Dublin to see all 3 shows but damn, if U2 is going to be a 30 minute drive away, damn right I'm getting tickets.

I go to their home, they come to mine. That sounds fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom