October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are we doing for the gathering and when?

Right now it's shaping up like this: the Blu's, the BAWs & my friend will likely be eating @ The Pit BBQ Friday evening around 8pm... we may move later to another location, but that hasn't been determined yet. Anyone available is welcomed to join. :up:

Saturday: Weather permitting, I'd like to que up @ Carter Finley no later than 11am at the absolute latest. However, I could get vetoed on that. :lol: There has been discussion of a gathering after the show, but to my knowledge, no exact location has been mentioned.

Sunday: Post-show breakfast/brunch is in negotiation... I'd have to read back through the thread, but I believe Carolina Cafe is winning the popularity contest for 'Where'. 'When' could be as early as 8am or as late as 10am.

Anyone besides the 5 in our Blu/BAW group that will be in Raleigh on Friday evening & would like to join us? And do any of you locals have a favorite pub/bar that would be good for drinks either Fri. or Sat. night? (Being from Wilmington, my knowledge of Raleigh is basic, at best. :) )

^ :grouphug: Aww, shucks - I'm just trying my best to see that you & Char have the best damn 36hrs in North Carolina - evah!!! :hi5:

:D

Right now it's shaping up like this: the Blu's, the BAWs & my friend will likely be eating @ The Pit BBQ Friday evening around 8pm... we may move later to another location, but that hasn't been determined yet. Anyone available is welcomed to join. :up:

Saturday: Weather permitting, I'd like to que up @ Carter Finley no later than 11am at the absolute latest. However, I could get vetoed on that. :lol: There has been discussion of a gathering after the show, but to my knowledge, no exact location has been mentioned.

Sunday: Post-show breakfast/brunch is in negotiation... I'd have to read back through the thread, but I believe Carolina Cafe is winning the popularity contest for 'Where'. 'When' could be as early as 8am or as late as 10am.

Anyone besides the 5 in our Blu/BAW group that will be in Raleigh on Friday evening & would like to join us? And do any of you locals have a favorite pub/bar that would be good for drinks either Fri. or Sat. night? (Being from Wilmington, my knowledge of Raleigh is basic, at best. :) )

A few good places to have drinks in the downtown area: Raleigh Times Bar (one of my favorites, good beer selection, especially Belgians, recently visited by Obama (who, for what it is worth, ordered a $2 PBR and left an $18 tip)), Busy Bee (rooftop bar), The Landmark (good drinking place, owned by a dude from Dublin), Boylan Heights Brew Pub (beer garden, they brew their own with a nice view of downtown), Foundation Bar (excellent cocktails, everything is made there, even the tonic water...), Hibernian (Irish), Tir Na Nog (Irish), Nappy Tandy’s (Irish), The Oxford (British-esque) Slims Downtown (Hip, Dark), Old South (dark, eclectic, good beer selection), and for those who are into a faux-Miami Beach scene, there is Solas, (looks cool from the outside, but ends up as an inferno of pretentiousness). Good martinis at Sullivan’s Steakhouse too. Many other options abound. If anyone needs an heads-up on a particular place, please feel free to ask. :wave:

Oh yeah. I assume the band will be flying in on the day of the show, but on the outside chance that they will be coming in the day before (maybe for The Feedback & The Hype conference?) they most likely will stay at a hotel call The Umstead, which is where celebs ususally stay when they come to the area. The bar there, part of Herons Restaurant, is excellent. If they end up spending a night here, it would be a great place for a drink, and you never know, you might get a glimps of some of the band or their associates. I'm just saying...

Great info, clipper - thanks! BTW, will you be interested/able to join us on Friday evening? Like I said earlier, it's an open invitation to all comers. :)

Oh yeah. I assume the band will be flying in on the day of the show, but on the outside chance that they will be coming in the day before (maybe for The Feedback & The Hype conference?) they most likely will stay at a hotel call The Umstead, which is where celebs ususally stay when they come to the area. The bar there, part of Herons Restaurant, is excellent. If they end up spending a night here, it would be a great place for a drink, and you never know, you might get a glimps of some of the band or their associates. I'm just saying...
Interesting...:hmm: I just checked the hotel and the Presidential Suite is taken for that weekend....

Great info, clipper - thanks! BTW, will you be interested/able to join us on Friday evening? Like I said earlier, it's an open invitation to all comers. :)

The way I figure it, it's going to be fairly difficult to obscure the arrival of 360 Air at RDU. If the plane comes in on Friday, me, my wife and 6 or so friends are going to Heron's at The Umstead. :hyper: If not, then we are probably going to go out downtown, where exactly, I'm not yet sure. Although we always have great intentions to spread money around town, we ususally end up at the Raleigh Times Bar. But I think it would be pretty cool to meet up with y'all at some point, and so I will pay close attention to your plans (at least those that you post here). It'd be nice to meet some other addicts. :up:

Interesting...:hmm: I just checked the hotel and the Presidential Suite is taken for that weekend....
:heart: Professional stalkers.... :lol:
double :hmm: :shifty:

me thinks we may have to pay a visit...:D
I'm all for that! :camera:

The way I figure it, it's going to be fairly difficult to obscure the arrival of 360 Air at RDU. If the plane comes in on Friday, me, my wife and 6 or so friends are going to Heron's at The Umstead. :hyper: If not, then we are probably going to go out downtown, where exactly, I'm not yet sure. Although we always have great intentions to spread money around town, we ususally end up at the Raleigh Times Bar. But I think it would be pretty cool to meet up with y'all at some point, and so I will pay close attention to your plans (at least those that you post here). It'd be nice to meet some other addicts. :up:

:D: I'm definately game for meeting other addicts. :cool:

Which leads me to this: Since there are going to be multiple groups coming into town on diferrent days & times, trying to coordinate meetings is going to be tricky without phone #s. I'm willing to compile a list for anyone who's interested. If you'd like your # included & want a copy of the list, send me an email with your #, screen name & real name - my addy is: agrv8shn@hotmail.com. Use "U2 - Raleigh" as the subject so I won't delete your message with my junk mail. :) I'll organize the list & send copies back out to everyone by mid-September.

Which leads me to this: Since there are going to be multiple groups coming into town on diferrent days & times, trying to coordinate meetings is going to be tricky without phone #s. I'm willing to compile a list for anyone who's interested. If you'd like your # included & want a copy of the list, send me an email with your #, screen name & real name - my addy is: agrv8shn@hotmail.com. Use "U2 - Raleigh" as the subject so I won't delete your message with my junk mail. :) I'll organize the list & send copies back out to everyone by mid-September.

:up: Thanks for stepping up and taking care of all this.

count me in.. Email sent!:hyper:

* Note to self - change phone number.....

:yikes:
:yell: All right now - don't go screwing up my obsessive organizing!!! :madwife:

:lol:

On a happier note, emails recv'd from MVD_75 (Iris), cathalmc (Cathal), & U2F4E (Amy). Cath - you wouldn't be 'gate crashing' at all, we'd be happy to have you join us. And if your phone will get service here in the States, I can call you on your UK # with no problem; I've currently got intn'l calling on my cell since my brother's living in the UK.

This is all coming together so nicely. :loveshower: :D

:heart: Which leads me to this: Since there are going to be multiple groups coming into town on diferrent days & times, trying to coordinate meetings is going to be tricky without phone #s. I'm willing to compile a list for anyone who's interested. If you'd like your # included & want a copy of the list, send me an email with your #, screen name & real name - my addy is: agrv8shn@hotmail.com. Use "U2 - Raleigh" as the subject so I won't delete your message with my junk mail. :) I'll organize the list & send copies back out to everyone by mid-September.

I sent my number! I wish I could make it Friday night, maybe they'll be a post-show gathering or Sunday breakfast? :hmm:

:applaud:

And here I thought no one was going to come to our lame arse town for a concert! Good to know the boys won't be looking at empty seats. :)

:yell: All right now - don't go screwing up my obsessive organizing!!! :madwife:

:lol:

On a happier note, emails recv'd from MVD_75 (Iris), cathalmc (Cathal), & U2F4E (Amy). Cath - you wouldn't be 'gate crashing' at all, we'd be happy to have you join us. And if your phone will get service here in the States, I can call you on your UK # with no problem; I've currently got intn'l calling on my cell since my brother's living in the UK.

This is all coming together so nicely. :loveshower: :D

I will send you my info but I'm traveling with Amy so .....it might be redundant!

Email sent. I hope I get to meet some of you guys! I'll be in Ralegh Friday evening through Sunday afternoon.

I will send you my info but I'm traveling with Amy so .....it might be redundant!
Not redundant at all - if for some reason we can't reach Amy, then we'll have your number, too. :D

Email sent. I hope I get to meet some of you guys! I'll be in Ralegh Friday evening through Sunday afternoon.
Excellent! I'm excited about putting faces & 'real names' to all the Blue Crackers I've not met before (which from this group is only BAW & Mr. BAW).

Just a reminder, our weekend itinerary right now looks like this:
Friday night - BBQ dinner at The Pit Restaurant around 7:30/8-ish,then possibly drinks at the bar of the Heron Restaurant (in The Umstead hotel where the band may or may not be staying)

Saturday - GA folks hanging out in line, possible meeting after the show. No details available yet, will likely be decided via 3-way cell conversations & face-to-face while sitting in line before the gates open! :lol:

Sunday - breakfast at the Carolina Cafe around 8am is the tenative plan at this time.

When I get the phone list together, I'll be sure to give addresses for all of the definate stops during the weekend so we can all get our GPS units programmed. :nerd: ;)

We just got back from Wembley and Glasgow, so I'm a little out of the loop!

Anyway, time to get serious about this trip. I asked Paul what kind of tix he'd like me to dig up for Raleigh (we still haven't actually planned all the minor details of this trip :angel: ) and he said GA!!!!!!!!!! :eek: (this from a guy who HATES the whole GA process but enjoys the outcome).

Wow.....guess I'll have to re-think which hotel we stay at! :hmm:

We just got back from Wembley and Glasgow, so I'm a little out of the loop!

Anyway, time to get serious about this trip. I asked Paul what kind of tix he'd like me to dig up for Raleigh (we still haven't actually planned all the minor details of this trip :angel: ) and he said GA!!!!!!!!!! :eek: (this from a guy who HATES the whole GA process but enjoys the outcome).

Wow.....guess I'll have to re-think which hotel we stay at! :hmm:

woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah... it would be great if you can stay at a hotel nearby the venue so we can meet up! U have my digits woman so call me! I would say any of the hotels in the Crabtree area are within 4 miles of the venue.

I will let you know as soon as I find out where we will be. :yes: I already found a pair of GA, and ordered our movie tix for the Friday night, so we are nearly organized! :D :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom