October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering changing our flight back a couple hours depending on the $$.

^ Forget it!

A/A - $132 per person flight difference + $150 per person change fee = $562....No thank you when my original flight is $480 R/T for 2....

LOL. This reminds me of when I wanted to change my Dublin flight after I had found out Real Madrid was having their preseason camp in Dublin the week before the concert.

I paid Continental $425 for the original ticket. To change the dates I would have had to pay $250 change fee + $267 fare difference = $517! More $ than the original ticket cost... They kill us with those fees...

aww you tried. Thanks for checking on the Cheesecake Factory. I want to go to the Carolina Cafe on Sunday for brunch.

BBQ before the show sounds good to me!:drool:

Where's the Carolina Cafe at? I hope they're open somewhat early. Remember my new friends, I want to come and meet you guys!!:wave: But I should be at the airport around 10:30 am for my 12:15 flight. :sad:

Here it is. If you can't make it in the morning, how about doing something after the show? Mind you, we haven't decided on a place where we can meet on Sunday morning.

Ta da! found it:

Cafe Carolina

Cameron Village
401 Daniels St.
Raleigh, NC 27605
(919) 821-7117
(919) 821-1331 – FAX
Monday – Saturday 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.

The cafe is open from 8am!! How many of us can make it to the brunch at 8? It will be hard, but I can definitely try. The menu looks sooo good!

My U2 concert experience this year has taught me to organize and do it WELL.

In Dublin I had to coordinate meeting 3 different people within 2 days for my ticket buy/sell/exchange. On top of that I had a lunch date and Interference gathering to go to. Everything went off without a hitch, and I gained soooo many friends. :)

The weekend of the Boston shows, I'm gonna drive up to see my friends who live in Dartmouth, which is about 2 hours away from the Gillette stadium. That same night I'll be going to the Interference gathering they're planning. Then I'm doing 2 GAs back to back (the only time I'm doing this!)

2 days later I'm planning to drive up from work to the 1st NY show, then camp out for the GA of the 2nd show. And I have to coordinate meeting the guy whom I exchanged tickets with in Dublin for a drink or two. The morning after the 2nd show I have to drive back to Delaware, and drive my roommate to the airport for her Madrid trip.

The next weekend, I'm flying to Raleigh to meet up with MissVelvetDress_75 and lovezeuser and see the show together! And I'm going to the meetup to hopefully make more friends, wherever and whenever it is. Then on Sunday I have to fly home, and hopefully with no delays in schedule or cancellations, be able to meet up with my roommate at the airport to drive back home together. :crazy::crazy:

Then maybe I am going to the Norman show, because I really just want to see the show from the front vantage point from my seat and still not be miles away from the stage.

Aaanndd.... 10 days later I'm going to Singapore and Jakarta to visit my family and friends!! :hyper::hyper::love:

My schedule has never been this hectic before... but I'll do it for U2 and their fans! :D

I really want to try and sell or trade my C'ville GA for a Raleigh GA instead.

Trust me Alma I know how you feel. I have to drive up to Boston on the September 19th, do GA for both shows, drive back down to Jersey the morning after the 2nd show. I have DMB tickets on the 22nd, work on the 23rd and then drive up to East Rutherford that night. GA tickets for the 24th and 25th. Drive home the night if the 2nd show, work on the 26th, 27th and 28th. Phillies game on the 28th and then drive to Maryland to do GA for the 29th DC show, then stay in a hotel somewhere and then drive to C'ville on the 30th to do GA on the 1st and have a Phillies game on the 2nd. A guy who sits behind me at the Phillies maybe able to trade tickets for the 2nd with an earlier date. This is why I would rather do Raleigh instead of C'ville. I could just go home after the DC show, and fly to Raleigh a few days later.

I've done some research on Yelp & City Search for BBQ in Raleigh. There are several places that come highly recommended but.... the latest I've found any of the spots open is 9pm. That's probably do-able for a quick bite & then on to another location for drinks, but consider Rick & Char aren't due @ RDU until 6pm, I'm thinking it will easily be 8pm - 8:30pm before they could get to their room & be ready to leave again. Maybe someone with a car (and I'll have mine) can take orders for lunch on Saturday & make a BBQ sandwich run? Just a thought.

In the meantime, if BBQ for dinner isn't going to pan out, what other suggestions/requests do you guys who are inbound have for Friday evening?

I've done some research on Yelp & City Search for BBQ in Raleigh. There are several places that come highly recommended but.... the latest I've found any of the spots open is 9pm. That's probably do-able for a quick bite & then on to another location for drinks, but consider Rick & Char aren't due @ RDU until 6pm, I'm thinking it will easily be 8pm - 8:30pm before they could get to their room & be ready to leave again. Maybe someone with a car (and I'll have mine) can take orders for lunch on Saturday & make a BBQ sandwich run? Just a thought.

In the meantime, if BBQ for dinner isn't going to pan out, what other suggestions/requests do you guys who are inbound have for Friday evening?

FYI - Relatively proximate to the Stadium are two BBQ places worth a mention. One is called Ole Time Barbeque, which is, umm, traditionally good, in the antiquated shack/dump kind of way. The food is really good. A more hip/modern version can be found at The Pit in downtown. Great BBQ, good beer list, comfortable environment, etc. The pitmaster there (Ed Mitchell) has been recently featured on the Food Network and either the Today show or Good Morning America. A take out sandwich from Ole Time would be okay, but if you are going out, it's worth going a little bit further to The Pit. Downtown Raleigh also features a bunch of good places to get together and have a drink. The owner of The Landmark Tavern in downtown is from Dublin, is a big fan, and remembers seeing the band... pre-Boy.

^
Funny - I've been leaning more towards Ole Time BBQ (even considering the, um... unique decor :lol: ) followed by The Pit. Problem is, the BAWs likely won't be able to head for dinner until about 8pm & since Ole Time closes @ 9pm on Fridays, that's probably a 'No'. The Pit is open on Fri's 'til 11pm & they do have the ABC permit, so that might be our winner. I'll leave it up to our guests. :) (The Landmark does sound cool, though.)

Here it is. If you can't make it in the morning, how about doing something after the show? Mind you, we haven't decided on a place where we can meet on Sunday morning.

Thanks!! Well, if the Cafe is open at 8am then that is TOTALLY doable. But, I'm also not apposed to getting together after the show. Who know when I'll actually get to sleep that night!! Brunch at that Cafe would be lovely though.

EVERYONE DECIDE ALREADY!! Lol!!:lol:

All in favor of "Caronlina Cafe" at like 8 am Sunday morning, say "I"!!:D

We land at 6 p.m.; cab it from RDU to our hotel near the venue; check in...how long is that???
I don't know about quicker, but it would definately be cheaper if you'll let me pick you guys up @ RDU... Plus, it'll be that much easier to get my parking pass at the hotel. :lol:

I didn't think that you were gonna be there until later that night...:hmm: we'll just have carry-ons...whatever you think works...

do you drive fast? :yikes: And you're correct, a parking pass will await you!

And, are you insured...?
:giggle:

I didn't think that you were gonna be there until later that night...:hmm: we'll just have carry-ons...whatever you think works...
We should be back in Raleigh from Charlottesville no later than 1300 - 1400. So what was that flight #? :wink:

do you drive fast? :yikes: And you're correct, a parking pass will await you!
Do you want me to drive fast? :evil:
And yaaay - parking pass! :applaud:

And, are you insured...?:giggle:
:heart: Mmm, insurance talk... :lol: In reply: :yes: fully & properly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom