October 28 - Vancouver BC Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there, for sure! :hi5:

I've only seen them play at GM Place, so it will be interesting to see them in a different venue this time around.

Should be awesome! :D

No new info that I could find. The 28 Oct would be a Wednesday and I checked schedules for BC Place on that day and there isn't anything going on, so that's a good thing. The refurbishment of the inside of the stadium should be near completion by then as the Olympics would only be 3 months from that date as well.

I'm wondering if I should become a U2 subscriber again to get pre-sale tickets if I'm only going to buy the $30 ones anyway. What do you think I should do, wait for the general sale?

*The following dates were posted at one time but have been removed from u2.com

29 September 2009 FedEx Field Washington DC US Mon. 6 April
01 October 2009 Scott Stadium Charlottesville VA US Sat. 4 April
03 October 2009 Stadium Raleigh NC US Mon. 6 April
06 October 2009 Georgia Dome Atlanta GA US Mon. 6 April
09 October 2009 Raymond James Center Tampa FL US Sat. 18 April
12 October 2009 New Cowboys Stadium Dallas TX US Mon. 20 April
14 October 2009 Reliant Stadium Houston TX US Mon. 20 April
19 October 2009 Oklahoma Memorial Stadium Norman OK US Sat. 4 April
20 October 2009 Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Phoenix AZ US Mon. 20 April
23 October 2009 Sam Boyd Stadium Las vegas NV US TBD
25 October 2009 Rose Bowl Los Angeles CA US Mon. 6 April
:wave: 28 October 2009 BC Place Stadium Vancouver BC CA Mon. 6 April

In 2005 I was a member of u2.com, and used the pre-sale code with no problems. We got fantastic seats - row 3 on Edge's side. Pretty awesome!

I also bought one ticket for a friend in the general sale, and had no problems. My computer was as old as the hills (have since bought a new one), so it took several minutes to load and search, but it went through.

I think the general sale will be relatively easy to buy tickets this time. It's BC Place, so there are thousands more seats available. @u2 has an interesting article that's aimed towards newbies buying tickets. Might be worth checking out: @U2's Ultimate Guide To Buying U2 Tickets | U2 news article from @U2

I'm not going to bother re-subscribing. I'll take the risk. I have a feeling the $30 seats will be the nosebleeds, but I'll be trying for seats as close as possible to the stage.

Their FIFTH performance at the venue. 1987/1992/1992/1997/2009. Tying the Stones. The place is known for being sonically challenged. Only Northwest U2 show for Joshua Tree and the ZooTV Outside Broadcast.

I'm wondering about the likelihood of a 2nd night. This show is pulling from Alberta/Seattle/Portland and the rest of western US/Canada. LiveNation were apparently VERY close to doing a 2nd night with Madonna last year after it sold it in an hour or so but opted not to push it. U2 has the benefit of being the tour finale.

Attendance record is 59,000 for CFL Grey Cup final or 65,000 for the Pope in 1984. The Jackson 5 did 100,000 over 3 nights in 1984(only show north of California, west of Toronto). Pink Floyd and the Stones each did 2 nights in 1994.

Wow, I didn't realise that this is the only show in a gigantic part of northwestern NA. I was going to gamble on $30 general sale seats as it is but maybe it might be safe to be a Subscriber than take a chance.

It would sell out fast with just 20k seats in GM Place, but with all these other cities wanting tickets the 60k seats might go pretty damn fast too.

Well, considering this is the only show on the west coast north of LA, I guess I'll be crossing the border for it. :wave:

I was at both JT and ZooTV at BC Place as well as 4 Stones shows and 3 Pink Floyd dates. Only Floyd have been able to tame the dome, as far the brutal echo. It is an awfull venue, that being said any U2 show is a good show.

See ya there. ||

was 9th row floor dead centre stage for Popmart - no sound issues when you are that close...

also went to one of the Stones 94 shows and was at the very top at the very back...wont ever do that again (advice to person above that wants the $30 tix...)

I saw Madonna last year, and we were just about as high and far back as you could go. The sound was okay, but it was definitely muffled. However, I knew all the words to the songs, and she said nothing to the audience except the requisite "What's up, Vancouver?!" so I didn't care too much. The only thing is that I'm terrified of heights, and did not like being so high up. I will NOT be doing that for U2.

I caved and re-subscribed. :lol: The friend I'm going with doesn't want to do GA, as she's really short, and hates crowds, so we'll be going for the best seats we can find, no matter what they end up costing.

I doubt they'll add additional cities to the '09 leg. They may add additional dates to already-booked cities if the first sells out right away, but I don't think we'll get a Seattle miracle this fall. :(

Hopefully 2010!

Well, I was going to Vancouver but I might fly to Toronto instead after hearing of the audio problems with BC Place.

Late October in the Pacific Northwest? I'll be thrilled to have something with a roof over it. ;)

The way I read the announcement, they were confirmed to play in Vancouver, but that the date wasn't set in stone yet. :shrug:

I'll be here!

The likelihood of a second show for the 29th (Thursday) can happen, if there are no cities added for the Northwest (Edmonton, Calgary, and most importantly Seattle). The Lions (CFL) play home on Saturday the 31st. This gives a full day (30th) for tear down. So, things are really set if day one sells out fast. I am hopeful. :up:

I'll be planning on obtaining 4 GAs via presale for the 28th. If a second show is added, I'll be looking to trade a pair to get GAs for the second date (if I can't get tixs for the second date in general sale). This is all hypothetical of course until the official announcement.

None of the Vancouver or Canadian news stories that printed the Oct 28th show have made a retractment.

I htink part of the reason it's "more official" than the other US shows is that it's the last one and used as an unofficial book end.

I'm not sure 24-36 hours is enough to pull down all the stadium scaffolding. The Lions play on artificial turf, so the roll out should take that long.

Rumour alert!!!!!

The Oct. 28 show will apparently now be at GM Place. At least 3 trustworthy sources including the Georgia Strait weekly entertinament paper. Also an industry source(who told me ACDC play GM Place Aug 30, which is not yet announced)

Not sure how this works with the stage. But I can believe that Live Nation got cold feet.

Anybody else able to get a definitive answer?

Rumour alert!!!!!

The Oct. 28 show will apparently now be at GM Place. At least 3 trustworthy sources including the Georgia Strait weekly entertinament paper. Also an industry source(who told me ACDC play GM Place Aug 30, which is not yet announced)

Not sure how this works with the stage. But I can believe that Live Nation got cold feet.

Anybody else able to get a definitive answer?

I have my doubts about this - they aren't doing arenas for the fact that they have this massive stage that technically should not fit in GM Place. If that was the case, they would avoid Vancouver completely...and they would also be doing other arena shows in cities that do not have a stadiums...

Is GM Place where they played on the last tour?

That sounds a little odd to me as well. But definitely curious to find out for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom