October 28 - Vancouver BC Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BC Place

777 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8

27348s.gif

Seating charts reflect the general layout for the venue at this time. For some events, the layout and specific seat locations may vary without notice.​

© 2009 Ticketmaster. All rights reserved.

time

Does anyone know what time on April 6 the general sale starts?
Thnx in advance! :love:

So, what about speculating a 2nd Vancouver show?

Is it gonna happen?

If Chicago gets a 2nd one announced shortly (it will), then the first four dates in the first wave of NA shows go 4/4 and ALL have second show presales.

I don't know what to do yet about presale purchases. Buy 2, save 2? Buy 4, trade 2 later? :crazy:

At this stage of the sales, Vancouver is going to be catering to a lot of fans from other cities. There is no question Van 1 will sellout, but is there chance for Van 2? The calender shows room for a Thursday night show (29th). I think the Lions play on Sat. (31st). A day to take stage all down? Maybe.

Is anyone here going for GAs in the presale? Pretty much all of us right? :D If so, are you maxing out (4) for Van 1 or are you going to conserve your purchases to get in on a hopeful second date presale? Thoughts?

My responses in RED

So, what about speculating a 2nd Vancouver show?

Is it gonna happen? :lol: I think so!

If Chicago gets a 2nd one announced shortly (it will), then the first four dates in the first wave of NA shows go 4/4 and ALL have second show presales.

I don't know what to do yet about presale purchases. Buy 2, save 2? Buy 4, trade 2 later? :crazy:

At this stage of the sales, Vancouver is going to be catering to a lot of fans from other cities. There is no question Van 1 will sellout, but is there chance for Van 2? The calender shows room for a Thursday night show (29th). I think the Lions play on Sat. (31st). A day to take stage all down? Maybe.

Is anyone here going for GAs in the presale? Pretty much all of us right? :D If so, are you maxing out (4) :huh: Oh...is 4 the most 1 person can buy at a a time? for Van 1 or are you going to conserve your purchases to get in on a hopeful second date presale? Thoughts?

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Is anyone here going for GAs in the presale? Pretty much all of us right? :D If so, are you maxing out (4) for Van 1 or are you going to conserve your purchases to get in on a hopeful second date presale? Thoughts?

I'm going for 2 seats. I'll be using my other 2 for Vegas. If there's a 2nd Van show, we'll probably give it a shot, but in the general sale. At least that's the plan right now. :lol: It depends on when Vegas is announced...

I think I'm going to aim for seats for Vancouver - that way I can just drive up from Seattle the day of the show and not worry about the line.

Now to decide if I should buy one or two .... :hmm:

I want to add now that Chicago 2 is confirmed for a second presale. That makes it 4/4 for the the first wave of NA shows having a 2nd show presale.

I think its 8 tickets max for general sales. I'm not sure though.

Silence, :wave: :hug: I wish you well in getting the tickets you want. If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to try and grab 2 GAs tomorrow, instead of 4. I don't think it helps much, but know this means 2 more GA's available to someone else down the line.

I'm going to grab 2 VIP tickets tomorrow, and then save my other 2 for GA's in case Van2 gets announced.

I want to add now that Chicago 2 is confirmed for a second presale. That makes it 4/4 for the the first wave of NA shows having a 2nd show presale.

I think its 8 tickets max for general sales. I'm not sure though.

Silence, :wave: :hug: I wish you well in getting the tickets you want. If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to try and grab 2 GAs tomorrow, instead of 4. I don't think it helps much, but know this means 2 more GA's available to someone else down the line.

Thanx Rollie :wave:

I'm really hoping for Vancouver 2 but the October calendar on the BC place website shows one of U2's stages (I think they're using three on this tour) being moved in beginning Oct 22nd then moved out Oct 29th with the floor converted back to turf on the 30th for the football game the next day.

BC Place: Events Calendar (click on October at the top)

Maybe they can move out and convert to turf all on the 30th after a 2nd show?

I'm really hoping for Vancouver 2 but the October calendar on the BC place website shows one of U2's stages (I think they're using three on this tour) being moved in beginning Oct 22nd then moved out Oct 29th with the floor converted back to turf on the 30th for the football game the next day.

BC Place: Events Calendar (click on October at the top)

Maybe they can move out and convert to turf all on the 30th after a 2nd show?

Add the show on the 27th.

I think they'll only pull the trigger on an added show if everything vanishes in 30-40 minutes.

Oct 27th seems less likely for a 2nd show in Vancouver, especially as the Rose Bowl may get a 2nd show on the 26th and they almost always add shows AFTER the first one.

But I agree, it would be great if they did.

I'll be getting 4 GA's tomorrow, then trying my luck in the general sale for seats if there's a second show.

It looks to me that if a 2nd show is added for Vancouver that it will hapen before the show on the 28th. Check out the BC Place event calendar, it has 6 days for U2 set up but only 1 day for take down and 1 day of truf conversion before the football game on saturday.

BC Place: Events Calendar (click on October). However that does put it up pretty tight against the Rose Bowl show in LA on the 25th. Can all of the necessary equipment make it from LA to Vancouver between midnight on the 25th and say 3pm on the 27th? This would then limit the opportunity for a 2nd LA show.

Forgive me for not being too optimistic about this happening, but I'll still hold out hope for a Vancouver 2 (on what I see as likely the 27th, but on an outside chance...the 29th).

I will only be looking for 2 GA in the presale. Perhaps 2 more in the general sale.

Hm. LA is very likely getting a 2nd show on the 26th (although the Rose Bowl is huge)...no way will they perform three days in a row so the 27th for an added Vancouver show is very unlikely, alas...

I still think a second show on the 29th is possible. I would think a dismantling of the stage and turf conversion could occur on the 30th. It would just mean that work would have to start at the concert's end, which is what they do in most cases. By this time in the tour, they should have a fairly good idea to dismantle the stage is quick fashion. Turf conversion is not an all day event. The question is; Does the turf have to be in place for a visiting team practice on Friday afternoon (30th)? Its the CFL. I think teams usually fly in the day before the season game. Gameday morning warmups/practices maybe. A day before? I doubt it. Can a football fanatic confirm this?

Either way, seeing that Event chart really put a dagger in my heart. :(

Between Vancouver and Seattle selling something close to 74,000-80,000 tickets on Vertigo Leg 1 (4 arena dates), a single 60,000 stadium show will sellout fast. It'll be an hour or so, but it is going to happen. I have no doubt about it.

Could a Rose Bowl date get added to the front of the 1st date? The 1st show is scheduled for a Sunday night (25th). Is it possible that the Saturday night (24th) date be a bigger draw, but they want to sellout the Sunday first? This would open up the 27th for Van 2.

I still think the 29th can happen.

ICould a Rose Bowl date get added to the front of the 1st date? The 1st show is scheduled for a Sunday night (25th). Is it possible that the Saturday night (24th) date be a bigger draw, but they want to sellout the Sunday first? This would open up the 27th for Van 2.

Although still unannounced, Las Vegas is slated for the 23rd, so again unlikely since it's highly unlikely that they would perform three nights in a row.

I'd love it if they can make the 29th work, with the football and all

Could a Rose Bowl date get added to the front of the 1st date? The 1st show is scheduled for a Sunday night (25th). Is it possible that the Saturday night (24th) date be a bigger draw, but they want to sellout the Sunday first? This would open up the 27th for Van 2.

Although it hasn't officially been announced, the earlier info from U2.com was that they'd play in Vegas on Oct 23rd, so Oct 24th at the Rose Bowl is most likely not a possibility.

It's easier to sell the 2nd show if it's the final show of the year.

The Lions have a practice field out in Surrey that's real grass. There's also a outdoor turf field several blocks from BCP

I would imagine that the rolled up artroturf only takes several hours to unroll properly.

In theory they could begin laying the turf furthest away from the stage 2 hours after the concert. Though semi trucks, cranes and whatnot need to be on most of the floor.

BTW, I remember discussion about whether the 2nd Popmart show would be needed for Vancouver during the initial onsale. Probably after Edmonton filled 2 nights. Suffice to say it never came to be....

Every Lions home game listed there has "Media/Practices" listed on the day before the game. Every date, but the 30th. :hmm: Instead they list it as a "turf conversion" date. Yeah, a whole day for conversion. I think this is a cover up. Van 2! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom