October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part III - Be there and be part of History.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awful. Why couldn't they integrate last night's list into this morning's list somehow? That way people who THOUGHT they had a good number won't be penalized for thinking that everything is fine, and that they could take their sweet time about showing up this morning! It's really unfair that people who had a number of 100 or lower last night end up getting pushed back to 300 or 400 this morning.

I'm beginning to be even more glad that I chose not to do GA.

Wow! I did not see that one coming.

:wink:

Why do venues not plan for this?

haha.. have no idea..why they can't seem to grasp the situation and plan and communicate properly.. :banghead: It never occurs to them to talk to the GA Line people first to get an idea how the line has been run so far..

GA DRAMA = FTW

That's awful. Why couldn't they integrate last night's list into this morning's list somehow? That way people who THOUGHT they had a good number won't be penalized for thinking that everything is fine, and that they could take their sweet time about showing up this morning! It's really unfair that people who had a number of 100 or lower last night end up getting pushed back to 300 or 400 this morning.

I'm beginning to be even more glad that I chose not to do GA.

2 LISTS happened at the NJ 2 show and the people who ran the line did just that, intergrated both lists and did a roll call. specifically telling people to come at a certain time in the am for a second roll call and if you weren't there at that time they scratched you off the list. It worked out even tho there was some heated discussions with a couple people.

Afterba long week at work, stress, and almostngetting sick, FINALLY sunday is here and i am so ready fir this.
Have a great show everyone, ENJOY!!!!!!
Peace...

This makes sense. What the Rose Bowl is doing makes no sense at all. Do they even realize how far some people have driven/flown for this show, and how important it is for these fans to get the one spot they've wanted? I know that security is just doing their jobs, but they need a better system, and they need to show some compassion (and common sense!). :doh:

2 LISTS happened at the NJ 2 show and the people who ran the line did just that, intergrated both lists and did a roll call. specifically telling people to come at a certain time in the am for a second roll call and if you weren't there at that time they scratched you off the list. It worked out even tho there was some heated discussions with a couple people.

Afterba long week at work, stress, and almostngetting sick, FINALLY sunday is here and i am so ready fir this.
Have a great show everyone, ENJOY!!!!!!
Peace...

I am :happydance: and :crazy:

I need one more ticket for a friend (she doesn't want to pay for a $250 seat--understandable), and our picnic plans appear to be falling through.

I just want to get there and sit my ass in my seat.

I can't imagine the GA :panic:

I'm also looking forward to not only the show, but the festivities beforehand. :) I've got my sunscreen, a hat, fold-up bleacher chairs, etc. Yay, I thought this day would never get here! (And this is why I'm here posting instead of sleeping!) :D :hyper::love::applaud:

So, I hear people are planning on protests for the video, etc.? It would really be a bummer if what should be a joyful experience for everyone involved gets marred by anger and bitterness. I really hope people can work together to figure out a solution, then move past this, let their better natures prevail and enjoy and celebrate the experience together. (I know, I know, easy for me to say since I am not in the GA line, but one can always hope!!)

So, I hear people are planning on protests for the video, etc.? It would really be a bummer if what should be a joyful experience for everyone involved gets marred by anger and bitterness. I really hope people can work together to figure out a solution, then move past this, let their better natures prevail and enjoy and celebrate the experience together. (I know, I know, easy for me to say since I am not in the GA line, but one can always hope!!)

Short of being assigned a number when you BUY the GA ticket, the only real way to make it fair is to line up and wait, or have the venue distribute wristbands.

I hope people aren't lame enough to protest. Let's just try and fix it for next summer.

Since this is being filmed, you know it would bring out the douchebags who disregard any formality.

:shrug:

I sympathize with those who were told they could come back, but when has that ever worked before? Protesting for video would make things worse. You want the lottery back for the next summer?

Maddy is now number#414 and Lila #413.. Kaffy went from 179 to 467.:huh:

Damn:angry:

This is the only one Lila & Maddy could go to:down::down:

Although w/ 413 & 414 they should still be close

Wait I just had a great idea if Carlos is Front Row again like in Vegas Maddy can say she & her Mom are trying to get to her PaPa Carlos:hug:

i thought people weren't able to line up until this moring anyway...how is it that some people had unofficial numbers and wrist bands last night?

And now people are planning to protest because they didn't get their way?

what a bunch of bullshit. Big deal you don't get your coveted spot on the rail..or whatever. Protesting during a DVD shoot is childish bullshit. It's no wonder U2 went with the lottery system last time around to try to get rid of this crap. Some U2 fans are just awful. I hope the "protesters" have someone over 6 feet tall standing in front of them and they cant see shit.

^^I wouldn't go that far. I think it's a risk at any of the venues, lining up the day before. We don't know for sure what venues will honor the fan lines or not. I think it's a known risk to get the numbers the day before - we should all know by now that it's not going to guarantee you anything if the venues are saying "don't line up before x o'clock."

But yeah, hopefully the rumblings of "PROTEST!!! :madwife: " will be minimal.

That being said, :hug: to all. Take a few deep breaths, enjoy the day and experience anyway. Don't let this get you down - you all are going to still get a great spot and have an AWESOME time.

Peace, ya'll. Good luck with the traffic on the way home. :wink:

I would hope that the disappointed GA people realize that this has nothing to do with U2, and everything to do with Rose Bowl security. Protesting won't change anything. I can understand them being upset, but the whole point of being there is to enjoy the concert!

i thought people weren't able to line up until this moring anyway...how is it that some people had unofficial numbers and wrist bands last night?

Well, some fans always try to start the line early. From what I hear from my friends, this line-up has become a clusterfuck due to the security not communicating internally. Fans started wristbanding people from yesterday onwards. As there's a policy of no camping overnight, security apparently told people to go back home and come back at 7 AM (or some time like that).

Somehow, some people were allowed by venue security to start a line at 2 AM (in spite of the no-camping rule). Cue the chaos when the original group returned around 7 (as security said yesterday) and saw that a new line was started.

I hope that venue security (or U2 staff) can work it out themselves and honour the wristband system. It seemed to work on the East Coast (more specifically, Boston), so why not on the West Coast.

All this could be avoided if the venues just accepted that fans will camp out and just let them be or just don't allow GA at all and force the band to put seats on the floor.

The area surrounding The Rose Bowl is a very nice neighborhood, and I don't blame the residents for not wanting to hear thousands of people camping out overnight.

A very clear policy needs to be put in place and then no exceptions should be made. If Rose Bowl policy is "no lining up and no numbers until 8:00 a.m.", then that's the way it should be, and anyone trying to line up ahead of time should be sent away. Obviously, that's not what happened in this case, and that's why so many people are unhappy.

All this could be avoided if the venues just accepted that fans will camp out and just let them be.

10am check in...things are moving along

everyone is chill

only people who are peeved are the people who came last night along with the people who were the line Nazis. Someone always tries to be first. I'm cool with 391

Not sure if I should be taking pics of nice ass girl (or at least posting them...lol)

could go for some shade though

-dan

This no camping rule has happened in every venue. Nice neighborhood or not. GA shows will always attract people that will want to camp out. Unfortunately that's the way it is, whether the stadium is in a nice neighborhood like the Rose Bowl, or whether it's in the middle of nowhere like Giants Stadium. If you don't want people camping out then don't allow GA. Saying the line up starts at x time is pointless at a GA show.

In this case the venue fucked up. Either allow the line or don't allow the line, but don't tell people to come back at x time, then allow another group to start another line at 2AM.

The area surrounding The Rose Bowl is a very nice neighborhood, and I don't blame the residents for not wanting to hear thousands of people camping out overnight.

A very clear policy needs to be put in place and then no exceptions should be made. If Rose Bowl policy is "no lining up and no numbers until 8:00 a.m.", then that's the way it should be, and anyone trying to line up ahead of time should be sent away. Obviously, that's not what happened in this case, and that's why so many people are unhappy.

Not sure if I should be taking pics of nice ass girl (or at least posting them...lol)

Dan if you just inconspicuously took a photo of say a few of the people in front of you every guy on Interference could figure out the rest:D

Have fun in The GA Line Dan:applaud: Any other Interferencer's w/ you or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom