October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part III - Be there and be part of History.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Super Shuttle would work. Sorry, I didn't read the question thoroughly! My bad... :doh:

i'm bringing my guitar on Sunday for the line. i hope somebody is down to sing an acoustic ultraviolet -- i've been practicing and i really want to be on that dvd.

Hey everyone,
Sorry for all of the questions. I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not, but I am flying into LAX tomorrow night (9:05pm), heading to the Hollywood area and I'm not sure which mode of transportation would be the safest. Originally, my friend was going to drive and pick me up, but now that can't happen, so I'm stuck. Should I take a shuttle? If so, does anyone know of a reputable one? Or is a cab the better way to go? I've never been to L.A so this worries me a little bit. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks guys!!
:)

A cab from LAX to Hollywood is pretty expensive. You can take a shuttle van from the airport to Hollywood. If you take a shuttle, I would suggest SuperShuttle, which isn't too expensive and pretty reliable- (800) BLUE VAN (800-258-3826).
The cheapest way would be to take the Flyaway bus from LAX to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles, then take the Metro Red Line from Los Angeles' Union Station to Hollywood. Hopefully there is a stop near where you're staying. You can find that info HERE
To get to the Rose Bowl on Sunday, you would take the Red Line train from Hollywood to the Gold Line Memorial Park Station in Pasadena. You can then take the $5 shuttle bus from the Parsons parking lot (near Memorial Park) to the Rose Bowl, or walk, which is a little more than 1 1/2 miles.

Good luck, and have fun!

Did you check with your hotel to see if they offer any type of pickup service (doubtful, but worth checking, no?). And good info above!

Something and a trade too :)

I am super excited... I thought i was coming down with a cold but. Think was more exhausted from a long week at work. So ready to get my rest and get ready for this Amazing Band!!!
One more thing i am very tempted to trade my seat on section 14 h row 39 for a GA ticket so if anybody interested please let me know.
Peace!!!!

i'm bringing my guitar on Sunday for the line. i hope somebody is down to sing an acoustic ultraviolet -- i've been practicing and i really want to be on that dvd.

Were you playing the guitar outside the club across the street from Capitol Records back in March? You should extra practice, or I might jump in and help a sister out...

The cheapest way would be to take the Flyaway bus from LAX to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles, then take the Metro Red Line from Los Angeles' Union Station to Hollywood.

Best and easiest...on Sunday monring, reverse your route back to Union Station, grab the Gold line and you're there...Each of these trains will be running later schedules on Sunday night according to the MTA brief...should work well.

I spoke with a man that works the field. Im at gate c now, and he didn't say anything against an early lineup, so mixed info going on. I'm just going to wait out in the parking lot until I see someone looking around confused!

this is how it always goes..the venue advertises a 'certain policy of no camping out or lining up' but the staff that are actually there are unaware of it..

Were you playing the guitar outside the club across the street from Capitol Records back in March? You should extra practice, or I might jump in and help a sister out...

No, don't think that was him Nathan. He was actually in the Capitol Records building with the band :)

Thank you so much for the information Sandy Co, Lila 64, Samneko and Mr. Baw. :) It has really helped me and I feel a lot better about the situation now! I'm off to the airport! I hope everyone has an AMAZING time at the concert tomorrow!

Thanks again!
Laura

I just got back to my room from the Vegas show and I cannot wait for Sunday! It's going to be incredible! However, next stop for me is Trojan Football!

Hey, I am on campus right now too! Are you a student? Fight on a beat the beavers!

I spoke with a man that works the field. Im at gate c now, and he didn't say anything against an early lineup, so mixed info going on. I'm just going to wait out in the parking lot until I see someone looking around confused!

I should be there tomorrow morning bright and early (hopefully around 4AM); can I call you on your cell at that time to find out where you are at?

By the way -- anyone hanging around the Rose Bowl today to see if band shows up? Are they staying in town this time, you think?

I think they will be arriving either tonight, or tomorrow morning.

How's the GA queue going on? Anybody got #1 yet?

Ok, the Vegas attendees are arriving now to the LA area. :)

I am in LA right now and will probably take a quick rest before heading up to Pasadena and check out the Rose Bowl and then move on to the gathering at 6 pm at Lucky Baldwins.

You guys rock for jumping right into round two!! ;)
have a great time! I'll watch for updates! Wishing a good spot for you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom