October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part II (The search for a party suite continues)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono-shoes-404_677279c.jpg

Just confirming our worst fears......(someone may have mentioned previously, but I'll do it again, just because :wink: )

A friend of mine attended that huge soccer game a few weeks back at the Rose Bowl w/ a crowd of I believe 80,000 ish, She said it was an absolute mess! She spent two hours before and after in the car dealing with parking and exiting. She said that it was very poorly organized.

Shuttle is lookin' really good......and I'm thinking a cheap beach chair that I will dump in the trash along w/a disposable bag w/drinks, water, snacks etc..... and maybe shuttling out for a lunch run or something?? Just some thoughts...

edit - I'm a GA virgin :sexywink: so you vets will have to share what is usually done in this type of situation.

edit - I'm a GA virgin :sexywink: so you vets will have to share what is usually done in this type of situation.

I've done GA at the United Center (Chicago), Fleet Center (Boston), and Rose Garden (Portland), and I get the impression that this is completely different territory altogether :huh: For all three of those locations, I was at a hotel within walking distance. I wish I had something helpful to offer . . .

Shuttle is lookin' really good......and I'm thinking a cheap beach chair that I will dump in the trash along w/a disposable bag w/drinks, water, snacks etc..... and maybe shuttling out for a lunch run or something?? Just some thoughts...

I believe this is the best idea so far based on info available so far...:D

Going into the venue, in my experience, there's a massive pile of stuff that ppl leave - I did it in snow so there were sleeping bags/blankets/gloves/hats/ scarves etc. I'd like to think that the Red Cross came by during the concert to pick them up. But yeah, disposable is good.

Ppl will let you leave for a little bit to get food, esp if you offer to make a run for those around you in line :wink:

Check out the drugstores or dollar stores for sales on things, like inflatable things we can sit & lay on, and easily dump. And yes, cheap/old lawn chairs will work too. At Staples center, I could walk back to my car & put everything away. That won't be the case at the Rose Bowl. In Hawaii, we had cheap inflatable rafts we could sit/lay on. Everybody was leaving/dumping their stuff when the gates opened. I hope all that stuff was donated or put to some good use.

Oh, and bring food/snacks with you if possible, and definitely offer to pick up / pay for food if someone else is willing/able to go for it.

And I hope the fires will be out by then :sigh: Maybe they will have to change the venue to the Coliseum :happy: (I kid... :shifty: , just cuz the Coliseum seems more able to handle this size crowd vs. the Rose Bowl). Hoping the fires are out soon, but seeing it on the news, it don't look good. And driving thru Pasadena/Glendale over the weekend... :sigh: :yikes:

Check out the drugstores or dollar stores for sales on things, like inflatable things we can sit & lay on, and easily dump. And yes, cheap/old lawn chairs will work too. At Staples center, I could walk back to my car & put everything away. That won't be the case at the Rose Bowl. In Hawaii, we had cheap inflatable rafts we could sit/lay on. Everybody was leaving/dumping their stuff when the gates opened. I hope all that stuff was donated or put to some good use.

Oh, and bring food/snacks with you if possible, and definitely offer to pick up / pay for food if someone else is willing/able to go for it.

And I hope the fires will be out by then :sigh: Maybe they will have to change the venue to the Coliseum :happy: (I kid... :shifty: , just cuz the Coliseum seems more able to handle this size crowd vs. the Rose Bowl). Hoping the fires are out soon, but seeing it on the news, it don't look good. And driving thru Pasadena/Glendale over the weekend... :sigh: :yikes:

Thanks to all of you! Very good tips! I love the inflatable idea too :love: clearance time too in the stores.

The fires have been horrible. Air quality here has been really bad, I've been taking hits off my inhaler left and right and normally I have no issues. My heart truly goes out to the poor people that have have lost loved ones and homes. Hopefully everything will get under control soon.

Did you go by the Rose Bowl on your trip?

What do you think the breaking point is for giving in to a scalper? I'm not sure if the prices are going to get better or worse . . .

I drove the 5 to the 210 to the 57 over the weekend, and had the air cranking the whole time. I drove thru Pasadena. You can see smoke for miles and miles and miles. On the way back (late at night) you could see flames on the hills, but that was mostly thru the Arcadia area. I couldn't see the Rose Bowl from the freeway while driving. Maddy saw the sign that said Rose Bowl when we were driving back home.

I don't know about the pricing for tickets - can't help you out there. Depends what you can afford. Keep checking Ticketmaster for ticket drops, etc. They pop up at unexpected times.

I'm going to second the inflatable raft idea. I did that in Hawaii too, and it turned out to be a lot easier to deal with than a chair. I'm probably going to do that again this tour.

I'm honestly kind of dreading this show. Not the show itself, but the inevitable Rose Bowl mess.

I'm with you mads, I'm with you :hug:

We were discussing this at a party over the weekend. I'd dread having seats as well (my husband has seats for him & a friend)

I'm going to second the inflatable raft idea. I did that in Hawaii too, and it turned out to be a lot easier to deal with than a chair. I'm probably going to do that again this tour.

I bought one this summer for the tour. May get another one, as they're on clearance right now. Trying to figure out how to get a free standing umbrella thingy... :lol:

I don't know about the pricing for tickets - can't help you out there. Depends what you can afford. Keep checking Ticketmaster for ticket drops, etc. They pop up at unexpected times.

I'm guessing that as soon as I buy a GA off ebay, there'll be a drop :angry: But I have to do GA at least once this tour. I wussed out in Chicago and am doing Red Zone there.

Maybe you'll know better what you want after Chicago. :shrug:

Z - you might have to stock up on inflatable goodies for all of us, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom