October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part II (The search for a party suite continues)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should just go for outer rail for one show, back of the pit for another and whatever I get for this one - it's gonna be soooo huge anyway... :hmm:

:up: This.

lol

Vegas..rail skank
Pasadena....sound board
(me, btw)

Which rail are you thinking of skanking on?

When Bono whipped his water bottle in the crowd during Electric Co, we scored a direct hit on me and my sister. I apparently reacted like a pissed-off cat. Many thanks to Hamish for not including that in the Chicago DVD.

Are you a star? Can we see you in any shots in the Chicago dvd? That is very cool.

Email I just received from the Rose Bowl

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
U2 AT THE ROSE BOWL - OCTOBER 25

Area U2 fans: you need to plan your trip to the Rose Bowl in advance. Attendance for this event will be over 96,000 people, the largest concert crowd in the venue's history. The roads in and around Pasadena will have significant traffic and will be heavily congested.

The Rose Bowl has limited parking available on-site. To meet this extraordinary demand, and for your convenience, there are adjacent off-site parking options as well as shuttle rides to and from the stadium. We strongly urge you to consider taking advantage of these shuttles and to carpool when possible.

In order to have a great experience:

ARRIVE EARLY

PURCHASE PARKING IN ADVANCE

Preferred Parking

Limousine Parking

General Parking

PARKING WILL SELL OUT FOR THIS SHOW

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PARK & RIDE SHUTTLE BUSES
Due to record attendance some patrons will need to use this service

PCC shuttle

Old Pasadena Shuttle

CARPOOL

ARRIVE EARLY:

Parking Lots Open: 8 AM

Picnic In The Park Begins: 12 Noon

Park & Ride Shuttle Lots Open & Buses Start Running: 12 Noon

Doors Open: 5 PM

Show Starts: 7 PM

Not only will arriving early minimize your travel time, we have great pre-concert activities planned as well. Opening to the public at 12 noon, Picnic In The Park will give you the opportunity to relax and socialize with your friends in the comfortably shaded Rose Bowl grounds. Just bring a blanket, a picnic basket and enjoy!

In addition, many entertainment, dining and beverage options are available for purchase as well. Sports fans: you can enjoy all of the day's NFL action on multiple TV screens. Within Picnic In The Park, we will have live entertainment featuring The Ruse and other enticing activities. Picnic In The Park is located directly in front of the Rose Bowl on Lot "H."

For more information on Picnic In The Park, visit Historic Information on the Rose Bowl Stadium.

Also, there are nearly 80 restaurants nearby in Old Pasadena, just a short walk from the Parsons Engineering Park & Ride Shuttle area.

PURCHASE PARKING IN ADVANCE:

Several venue parking options are available for advance purchase through Musictoday:

Preferred Parking

Limousine Parking

General Parking

Parking is available now! Advance parking is limited to one spot per transaction. For General Parking: one car - one space. No oversized vehicles or limousines.

Following your purchase, a non-transferable parking pass will be sent to you via mail by Musictoday. Be sure to bring your parking pass with you. You will need it for admittance to the Rose Bowl parking grounds.

Based upon your zip code, we will e-mail you specific directions with the best route to the Rose Bowl in order to avoid traffic & congestion. On show day, this will be the best route to the stadium. There are many entrances available to the Rose Bowl from nearby freeways. As you approach Pasadena do not follow your Map Quest or GPS device. Use the directions we provide.

PARKING WILL SELL OUT FOR THIS SHOW:

All venue parking will sell out prior to the concert date. Don't miss out- be sure to buy your parking in advance.

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PARK & RIDE SHUTTLE BUSES:

Due to limited parking at the Rose Bowl and the record attendance for this event, it will be necessary for some of you to take advantage of the off-site lots adjacent to the venue. Park at either Pasadena City College or Parsons Engineering in Old Pasadena and catch a shuttle bus to the stadium. These vehicles have private roads directly in and out of the venue.

Shuttle lots open and buses start running at 12 noon. They will operate throughout the show and then following the event.

Shuttle tickets are available now for advance purchase for $5 per shuttle seat (per passenger; round trip) via Musictoday.

PCC Shuttle | Old Pasadena shuttle

Purchasing a shuttle ticket before show day guarantees a seat on a bus. Shuttle tickets will be sent out via mail by Musictoday.

CARPOOL:

We encourage you have at least 4 persons in your vehicle (be green). This will improve the parking and traffic experience for all fans.

PickupPal is a great way for fans to connect and organize carpools, helping to ease traffic congestion and reduce carbon emissions at the same time. Check out their site for their U2 360 Tour offerings: U2 360� Tour Rideshare :: Powered by PickupPal.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

For additional details, including parking lot maps, venue updates and more, go to U2 Concert at the Rose Bowl Stadium.

We recommend you plan for this concert as you would The Rose Bowl Game or the Super Bowl: plan to arrive early, enjoy Picnic In The Park as well as the other on-site amenities.

Thank you,
--The Rose Bowl Staff

Questions?: tix@musictoday.com

You are receiving this message because you purchased tickets for U2 at Rose Bowl Stadium. E-mail is our primary means of communication and customer service.

I've tried twice to buy a general parking ticket and I get all the way through checkout and then it gives me a page with an error message. Anyone else having this problem?

i'm renting a chopper

1920939675_b5fd775e53.jpg

-dan

You rang, Wayne? :hyper:

Will Preferred parking get us in and out of the venue any quicker? Or will we all be screwed no matter what at the end of the day?

Wayne, I'll answer your PM shortly.

Oh, and I like Dan's idea. Can you pick us up, and airlift us over to the bowl? kthxbai!

You rang, Wayne? :hyper:

Will Preferred parking get us in and out of the venue any quicker? Or will we all be screwed no matter what at the end of the day?

I'm guessing we're screwed no matter what. :lol:

But I prefer being screwed in the comfort of my SUV.

:ohmy:

:shifty:

( I considered all the shuttle options but I know at the end of the day I'm going to be so happy to have my car right there and even just sit in it with the rest of the 96,000 of us for the next few hours)

:lol: :ohmy: :shocked: :shifty: :sexywink:
Either way, you'd be in your car, just a different lot. And maybe it would be easier to put stuff back in the car if you are in preferred.

So in theory, we could still get there earlier, but just not park there... Maybe I could pick up W & Z and drop them off to get in line for us :shifty:

Yeah, I got this email too. So much for the "free" shuttle...:angry: At least it's only $5.

I didn't get an email :sad: I need to catch up on things. Shuttle doesn't start til noon?? The lines that will have formed by that time,,,,yikes :huh:

I am actually shocked that they appear to be trying to get their crap together early. Good for them, so far at least.

:hyper: This gets me excited.

( I considered all the shuttle options but I know at the end of the day I'm going to be so happy to have my car right there and even just sit in it with the rest of the 96,000 of us for the next few hours)

Hey Bonocomet... are you guys going to have any type of gathering? I might be getting there early and wouldn't want my girl & I to just to lollygag for hours.

:lol: :ohmy: :shocked: :shifty: :sexywink:
Either way, you'd be in your car, just a different lot. And maybe it would be easier to put stuff back in the car if you are in preferred.

So in theory, we could still get there earlier, but just not park there... Maybe I could pick up W & Z and drop them off to get in line for us :shifty:

:lol: sorry I swear I typed that out completely innocently and then read it back and LOLed.

But yeah I'm guessing the only advantage for preferred is being closer and after the show I know my feet will hurt and I'll just wanna sit down as soon as possible! Did you look at the maps where the lots were? And it says all lots open at 8 am so that's GOOD.

I didn't get an email :sad: I need to catch up on things. Shuttle doesn't start til noon?? The lines that will have formed by that time,,,,yikes :huh:

I am actually shocked that they appear to be trying to get their crap together early. Good for them, so far at least.

:hyper: This gets me excited.

It maybe went to your spam? Anyways... that's the entire email I posted so you haven't missed anything.

And same here, impressive that they are trying to help make this run smoothly. Prices not impressive tho :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom