October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part II (The search for a party suite continues)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone figured out early morning GA parking yet? I don't know the area at all.

Thank you for the pics Martha. Forgot about all those tunnels :huh:

Has anyone figured out early morning GA parking yet? I don't know the area at all.

Nothing definite. There has been discussion of parking in a structure outside the bowl then getting shuttled in. Nothing has been announced officially as far as what times parking lots will open or GA lineup. Seems to be coming out the week or two before the show??

Early in this thread or in Part I, there was more info on the parking structures, maps, some shuttle info, etc., if you want to check it out.

This looked like a golf course, but there was a bridge to it with signs that called it parking lot 5, I think:

The golf course IS the parking lot for big events. They will close it and stack park. It's crazy. Those paved lots are usually reserved for those with passes, at least for Football games. I've never been to a concert there.

I've decided I'm not going to try to get to GA super early, because I want to hang back and take in the scope of the concert. So, hopefully I will get there just as they open the lots and get a good spot.

^What time are you thinking you would arrive?

I was playing with that idea myself :hmm: Reading the other concerts so far, sounds like people are getting great spots without camping out or showing up early.

^What time are you thinking you would arrive?

I was playing with that idea myself :hmm: Reading the other concerts so far, sounds like people are getting great spots without camping out or showing up early.

We got front rail, outside the circle by lining up at 4pm for Toronto 2. It will depend on the venue and the eagerness/insanity of the crowd. The Rose Bowl is pretty big, so if you want rail, you might need to line up earlier to be safe. It's hard to say.

My instinct is to go for the outer rail, but I suppose eveyone has their own preference. On the other hand, I haven't been inside the inner circle yet this tour, so I wouldn't be opposed to experiencing that at least once.

I'm a big fan of the screen and all it adds to the show -- seems like the outside rail gives the best opportunity to be close to the band while still getting a perfect view of that screen (without breaking your neck).

I want to be able to park my car early. :sad:

My concern is that it seems like most of the other stadiums are not located in the middle of a residential area + golf course, so it's hard to judge. Not to mention no one knows what will/won't be allowed in regards to parking, lining up, etc.

\random

Thanks for the shuttle link, but I'm planning to get there really early in the morning -- probably 5 or 6am. Assuming the lots won't be open overnight, I have no idea where to park.

Spent this morning with a couple of CA Highway Patrol investigators at the Altadena station which is right outside the Rose Bowl on Windsor Drive...their advice, "get in early, expect to stay late!"

They also mentioned something about parking down on Arroyo Drive (for the large events, Rose Bowl games, for instance, some of the homeowners allow parking at their homes for $ and then you can walk in)...

Lastly, they said depending on where you park, walking in is not bad...just be aware of your surroundings and parking restrictions...Good luck ......................................................................................................
...........................................!

I still can't decide my 'strategy'. I have three GA shows and want to get the most out of them. Do you guys think it's even worth it trying to get front row? I'm so short, I'm afraid I won't really see much at all. Maybe I should just go for outer rail for one show, back of the pit for another and whatever I get for this one - it's gonna be soooo huge anyway... :hmm: Oh, the strategy involved in all of this is gonna drive me crazy! My husband and BFF are already sick of hearing me talk about it :lol:

I didn't handle being on the front rail inside the ellipse well during Vertigo. The whole experience was so surreal (I was just a few feet away from the Edge), I kind of wasn't sure how to react. When Bono whipped his water bottle in the crowd during Electric Co, we scored a direct hit on me and my sister. I apparently reacted like a pissed-off cat. Many thanks to Hamish for not including that in the Chicago DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom