October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the $250 price point is to deter scalping for "seats."

Ultraviolet, I'm not really sure what you mean, other than they set the price so high so that no one will pay the crazy scalper's price that the scalper would have to charge to make money off these seats? I agree, scalpers are going to have a very hard time unloading these seats and making any money. But that I don't get, is why assign relatively crappy seats this high of a price point?

What I also don't get is how they decided which seats are worth $250, and which are worth $30 (a huge amount of money difference), when there doesn't seem to be that huge of difference between the seats. For $250 a seat, I expect to to be in the first 25 rows of any section, and that section should be relatively close to stage. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic, but I don't think so. $250 for one seat for a 2 hour show is a hell of a lot of money! That's not to say I won't pay it of course, that's what sucks!:lol:

Ultraviolet, I'm not really sure what you mean, other than they set the price so high so that no one will pay the crazy scalper's price that the scalper would have to charge to make money off these seats? I agree, scalpers are going to have a very hard time unloading these seats and making any money. But that I don't get, is why assign relatively crappy seats this high of a price point?

What I also don't get is how they decided which seats are worth $250, and which are worth $30 (a huge amount of money difference), when there doesn't seem to be that huge of difference between the seats. For $250 a seat, I expect to to be in the first 25 rows of any section, and that section should be relatively close to stage. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic, but I don't think so. $250 for one seat for a 2 hour show is a hell of a lot of money! That's not to say I won't pay it of course, that's what sucks!:lol:

I think it is probably from the around the 50 yard line (give or take) up to the front of the stage for $250. --and yes they set it high enough so that scalpers can't really make anything--more of a deterrent than anything else. There aren't many people who will go too much more than $250 a seat for a stadium show--Stub Hub and the other resellers will tell the story--we'll see...

Yeah, but then the scalpers can sell the 30 dollar seats for 200. :shrug:

I can't understand anything U2 has done on this tour.

No way--maybe $100, tops--and again, there will be less demand because there are more total seats available--and more seats that are so far away, they are not attractive at anything more than face. I bet nosebleeds far away from, but in front of the stage are $95.

I'm Breathe. After I score my GA tomorrow I can try and take a look for you. Maybe there will be some Horizons that will post this today for you.

:hyper:

I'm wondering if any Horizon or Breathe members would be able to tell me the prices for the seating behing the stage (sections 23 to 28). Is it mainly $95, or are there rear seats for $55 too?

I'm Boots & am hoping for GA's, but if they don't eventuate I'd like to get seats reasonably close that don't break the bank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

cheers, that would be awesome :up:

I ended up getting Section 3 L (need to be on Edge's side!), Row 47 for $95.00.

Not too shabby, but I googled pics of it, it's absolutely MASSIVE!! :shocked:

I'm assuming it's relatively warm in L.A. at the end of October? (i.e. no snow :lol:)

I ended up getting Section 3 L (need to be on Edge's side!), Row 47 for $95.00.

Not too shabby, but I googled pics of it, it's absolutely MASSIVE!! :shocked:

I'm assuming it's relatively warm in L.A. at the end of October? (i.e. no snow :lol:)

Yup, the Rose Bowl is ginormous. As for weather, in October it can be really warm like 80 if we get Santa Ana winds, or it can be in the 60s. I will warn you that the Rose Bowl cools off really fast at night so I recommend bringing a sweater or sweatshirt.

cheers, that would be awesome :up:

I just looked for you guys - I pulled 22-H Row 62 for $31 seats. Not bad.

Also just pulled 22-H Row 10 for $96 seats.

And 19-H Row 11 for the $250 seats.

Oh, and was just able to still pull GA's right now - so that's a good sign for all of you buying in the next few days (I hope!)

Hope this helps!:wave:

I'm nervous too. I really hope I can grab a GA. Good luck tomorrow to everyone trying for tickets.

goodluck everyone!!

im terrified too! three of my other friends are boots. Im thankful for my GAs but it wont be the same without them :( please wish boots GA luck too!!

lg_losangeles.jpg

gah! I just joined and am Boots. I just want one little GA! Though being in a wheelchair, I'm seriously wondering if that would be good for me to see a thing. I sure wish they would build a little section for people with disabilities up close, kind of above other heads!

Oh, and was just able to still pull GA's right now - so that's a good sign for all of you buying in the next few days (I hope!)

Based on the seating chart at the official website, the "H" seats in Section 22 (to the right of the aisle as one looks at the field) are going to suck.

Based on the seating chart at the official website, the "H" seats in Section 22 (to the right of the aisle as one looks at the field) are going to suck.

Thanks Kinsa, yep that's a great help. I was thinking wow, 22-H row 10 was great for $96, closer than most $96 tix I presume. Good call though pudgie, looking at the ticketmaster seating plan I thought it'd be cutting it close to being obstructed my a claw arm, but probably ok. But looking at the above chart from 360.u2.com, it looks way worse. I'll have to keep this diagram handy for the presale.

GAs

I got my GA tickets this morning! That wasn't hard at all. I do have one question, I went with UPS Saturday delivery. It never gave me the option of entering a shipping address. I was going to have it delivered to me at work. So does Ticketmaster just automatically have it sent to the billing address?

I got my GA tickets this morning! That wasn't hard at all. I do have one question, I went with UPS Saturday delivery. It never gave me the option of entering a shipping address. I was going to have it delivered to me at work. So does Ticketmaster just automatically have it sent to the billing address?

I went with Standard Delivery and it states that my tickets will be mailed to my billing address.

Do you have your order confirmation printed? It have a Delivery Details section??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom