October 18 - Norman, OK - Gatherings and Road Trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOMER!

have an awesome night

and if anyone sees this girl at the show, tell her i said hi

oklahoma_sooners_hot_girls.jpg

-dan

Hey Timbo!! Did you make it? You dissappeared, wanted to make sure you made it back in the line.

From the multiple news reports I've read, the city and the police department were expecting between 50,000-60,000 for this show. Stadium capacity is 82,000. That's for a football game though. I have no idea how much they have to block for sight line issues and so on. Even with that in mind, you have to figure this show sold about 65-75% of the tickets they could of maxed out on. Personally, I find it incredible that a show in Norman, Oklahoma population 106,000, could do even this. That is a ton of people coming in from OKC, Tulsa, Texas, Kansas, and elsewhere. Heck the population of Oklahoma is such that they would have to sell a ticket to every 35th person living in the state to sell it out. Couple that with the fact that Oklahoma cares about one thing: football, and you have to call this a win.

Hey, who here knows the stadium well? Is it mostly bleacher seating? Or seats? How many boxes? Just curious how much tighter it will feel than soldier's field, (last shows I saw) and it's multiple decks and seats and box seats...

Norman gets 84,000+ for a home football game so no surprise that there will be 50,000 or 60,000 there tonight.

Tonight is not just another concert or show. Tonight is an "event!" :up:

Hey, who here knows the stadium well? Is it mostly bleacher seating? Or seats? How many boxes? Just curious how much tighter it will feel than soldier's field, (last shows I saw) and it's multiple decks and seats and box seats...

mostly bench seating on the lower level. the east side suites, club seating and upper deck is fairly new with seats.

you'll probably feel tight

mostly bench seating on the lower level. the east side suites, club seating and upper deck is fairly new with seats.

you'll probably feel tight

Excellent. I love reworked older venues. As nice as some of the new places are, there is nothing like the old war horses. Allen fieldhouse, old as it is, is the #1 loudest, tightest, 16K seater I've been to in this country, and I like it more than the sprint center, united center, pepsi center, heck all the centers I've been too...

This should be fun tonight, if the Mrs. can kick her awful cold she's had all weekend. We have red zone #1, edges side, so thankfully we won't have to come until the afternoon.

Ack! Mrs. Garrison, I just read your post about google and the population of Norman... I know there is more than that to the surrounding area. I know that close to 500,000 people live in OKC... Still it's amazing when you consider that a city like chicago sells just under 140K tickets over two days, (no, night two was not sold out) for a greater metro population of 10 million vs. the 50 - 60K oklahoma show with a STATE population of 3.6 million... I don't know, if you pro-rate that, Oklahoma looks as good or better than Chicago. ;-)

Yeah Timbo!!! How's it going on your end of the line?? Are you having a good time? This is so awesome. For those of you on the way....it is quite windy, but the sun is out and we are having a blast!! :hyper:

Yeah Timbo!!! How's it going on your end of the line?? Are you having a good time? This is so awesome. For those of you on the way....it is quite windy, but the sun is out and we are having a blast!! :hyper:

One of the more laid back lines I've been in. The random offers of food are a nice perk:applaud:

Oh my goodness! The merch lines are open and we are stocking up on goods! The weather is now gorgeous!! :cute:

In line now. Red Zone. Only about 40 in line here. Regular ga line goes on and on. Black tarps cover both upperdecks. One of two reasons for this: 1. Upper deck at OU is very steep and very tall, tallest i've seen and the sight lines could be terrible there. Or 2. Ticket sales were not hot. You decide.

I'm bummed I won't be able to make it tonight since I live in Tulsa BUT I saw U2 Wednesday night in Houston and it was amazing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom