October 18 - Norman, OK - Gatherings and Road Trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The date is now Sunday, October 18?? from the latest news release. On sale this Friday looks like.

Here's the quote from the news release in case the link doesn't work.....nothing on Ticketmaster yet.

The final 2009 concert dates were also announced today. Tickets for U2 concerts in Raleigh, NC on October 3rd at Carter Finlay Stadium as well as the October 18th performance in Norman, OK at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium go on sale this Friday. Tickets for the October 23rd performance at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV go on sale this Saturday. And lastly, tickets for the October 12th performance in Dallas, TX at New Cowboys Stadium, in Houston, TX on October 14th at Reliant Stadium and in Phoenix, AZ on October 20th at University of Phoenix Stadium will go on sale Monday, April 20th.

Public tix on sale Friday, April 17. Nothing on Ticketmaster as of 5 minutes ago.

On the U2.com messageboard, someone posted a ticketmaster seating chart for Norman. Looks like the stage is gonna be dead center facting a major section, instead of end stage. GA looks pretty sweet here as every GA is pretty damn close.

SMB

Just for the possibility of that seating chart alone, I would want to go to the Norman show.

That probably would mess up the band's heads... :lmao: I can't wait for the band to step out onto the stage and be like, WTF, where the heck did they put the GA people?

Seems like a great show to get seats for! I hope they're not selling Sections 12-14. It would kind of suck to be so far back there on the corner, and not even facing the stage.

Norman Oklahoma - different setup?

Ok, so the Oklahoma show just showed up on Ticketmaster usa site, and two things hit me right away:

1. The red zone ga is on the sides, not top and bottom. So is GA outside redzone here?
2. It's actually in the middle. Like the real middle.

Thought this was worth a thread. If not, feel free to merge into Gen. topics.

So how do you guys think sales will go for Norman? Much like Charlottesville? Will the OU and U2 fans be back in time the day after UT/OU? For those in Norman, are there that many U2 fans at OU? I saw the comments on the OU newspaper website when they first announced the show last month, and there was several negative responses.

I'm thinking about not using up 1 of my presales for this show thinking it wouldn't be too hard to get GA on the general sale.

There's a presale code for OU and SMG(whats that?) listed on ticketmaster. if anyone gets it can you post it? Thanks.

Ok, so the Oklahoma show just showed up on Ticketmaster usa site, and two things hit me right away:

1. The red zone ga is on the sides, not top and bottom. So is GA outside redzone here?
2. It's actually in the middle. Like the real middle.

Thought this was worth a thread. If not, feel free to merge into Gen. topics.

Maybe a mistake in the graphic or maybe they couldn't fit the stage any other way in that stadium?

I bet it was a preliminary graphic where OU or ticketmaster thought it was going to be a bigger stage or truly a 360 stage. 100 yds is the same everywhere, so unless that's how OU wanted it, i'd say it could change.

I think the stage is set up in a weird location. It would make more sense to have sections 36 through 40 behind the stage, don't you think? Unless they are setting up the stage like that as a half-house kind of thing considering that sales MIGHT not be as fast as other bigger cities.

I think it's great if it really is in the middle of the field. Great seats all around from there. Best claw location so far in the US imo.

I think the stage is set up in a weird location. It would make more sense to have sections 36 through 40 behind the stage, don't you think? Unless they are setting up the stage like that as a half-house kind of thing considering that sales MIGHT not be as fast as other bigger cities.

I hope it doesn't sell fast so that I can have a better chance! (This'll be my first U2 show.) Yet, I hope it sells out so that U2 won't be discouraged and avoid the region in the future.

I hope it doesn't sell fast so that I can have a better chance! (This'll be my first U2 show.) Yet, I hope it sells out so that U2 won't be discouraged and avoid the region in the future.

Sales have been better than expected so let's see how Norman does :) .

Just for the possibility of that seating chart alone, I would want to go to the Norman show. That probably would mess up the band's heads... :lmao: I can't wait for the band to step out onto the stage and be like, WTF, where the heck did they put the GA people?
HAHAHA!! I Feel the same way!

We're just gonna scalp tickets the day of the show.

They should do GA the 1889 way, with the sooners ending up with the prime spots and the boomers everywhere else. :D

Picked up my tickets and ended up with section 24. Looking at the set up of the stage I'm really concerned our view is going to be blocked by the crab legs. Has anyone heard if they've confirmed that nobody will have blocked views?

What is a decent hotel near the stadium? Any recommendations?

sooner suites is on campus (dedicated parking and walking distance <0.5 miles) and great for games/concerts (esp. after-parties in campus corner) but, it is now sold out... they are wait listing their extended stay rooms and will release those later...

i've tried it before and the others are too far to be a reasonable walking distance ( 2-3 miles) residence inn, hampton inn and fairfield are decent bets... on game days some will run shuttles, so it might be worth it to ask...

in my experience getting in is not that big of a deal. go early, park in some sorority (or fraternity if you are so inclined) pay parking lot... meet some freindly youngin's, have some cold beverages, and then roll on in...

leaving can be an absolute nightmare... weve been locked up in traffic, when we parked adjacent to the stadium, and spent 1.5 hours just getting off campus and onto i-35... and yes, we know some of the backways but the po-po had them blocked...

my vote is always to just stay, go out afterwards and blaze out in the AM....

good luck...

will parking be restricted on campus even though it's a sunday? i'm thinking about driving back to Dallas after the show rather than spending the night, but I hope the traffic's not bad. If the show is only half full, then it shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom