October 18 - Norman, OK - Gatherings and Road Trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great show, what an awesome fucking concert. The band was great and this show was meant to be under the stars. The claw was beautiful. I think when people came into the stadium there was probably a collective gasp when they saw this thing. WOW! The Black Eyed Peas were actually pretty good, they put on a good show. Nothing like U2 or course, but still. Unknown Caller returns and In a Little While. This is not a review ive just had a couple of beers and im posting in the wrong section. WOWY sounded great too...

what a special night....nobody here is going to forget this for a long time.

Awesome show. Personally I couldn't wait for the BEPs to get off the stage - just not my thing at all, but U2 more than made up for it. I was also surprised at how good WOWY sounded (in comparison to any version I've heard since 2001 anyway).

I just wish I had more energy yesterday. It was the end of a long weekend. I hope I wasn't too much of a Buzz Killington! :doh:

What a great night in Norman! I hope everyone that came in from out-of-town enjoyed their Norman experience! :heart:

I was also surprised at how good WOWY sounded (in comparison to any version I've heard since 2001 anyway).

WOWY does sound really good...its amazing how many people will say this song needs to be dropped from the setlist because they dont like how it sounds on a youtube video but yet they havent seen it live this time around.

I saw it live in Chicago and it was pretty tired sounding. Every other time I've heard it live (3x on Elevation, 3x on Vertigo) it sounded tired and in need of retirement too. And it all comes down to vocal delivery. Seemed like Bono finally decided to care what he sounded like on WOWY last night. If he can keep doing that, then I'm in favor of it staying. But if he's going to continue glazing through the song like he has for most of the decade, then I say take it out and replace it with something fresher.

I saw it live in Chicago and it was pretty tired sounding. Every other time I've heard it live (3x on Elevation, 3x on Vertigo) it sounded tired and in need of retirement too. And it all comes down to vocal delivery. Seemed like Bono finally decided to care what he sounded like on WOWY last night. If he can keep doing that, then I'm in favor of it staying. But if he's going to continue glazing through the song like he has for most of the decade, then I say take it out and replace it with something fresher.

I see your point, and im trying to remember exactly what it even sounded like on the last two tours. But specifically i was referring to this tour, and the last two shows i attended Dallas/Norman it sounded pretty good. And im really glad too because this is just one of those songs that really connects with people, especially some of the casual fans. Would hate for it to be dropped honestly.

From the sound of things, or at least what im reading on here, this tour is running a lot better now than at the beginning.

:)

Just got back home. Had a great time. Three people from the stage to Bono's right. The line was very comfortable (we could party), and the security guys were great. Met some great people in line. I was of course there to see U2 but was very impressed by the Black Eyed Peas, as were the folks around me. They had a fire in their performance that a lot of opening acts don't have. It was a great night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom