October 12, 14 - Dallas/Houston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the official site says the line will start at 9am. Anyone know where ppl will be lining up before then? We're going to do a drive by right now to check stuff out. Let me know if you hear anything, eh?

Where are you needing to be picked up from?

Um, good question! I'm couch surfing with a guy, I think his place is near Mockingbird Station if that makes sense to you. I could go somewhere else in Dallas though if it's more convenient ...?

Has anyone heard info about a bathroom situation for the Dallas GA line? Any port-o-potties or stadium bathroom access for us GA-ers? How has it worked for other shows on the tour?

I dont think I can hold it THAT long...:hmm:

i posted earlier about a ride, but would it be possible for me to park at wal-mart and just walk to the stadium from there?

They will likely tow it. But i think people will park there in the morning until the lot opens up or move it to lincoln square

Cheap motel has wifi...Yay

Dan don't forget Live Audio Enabling Equipment:reject:

sorry...no can do

Sweet talked a hot supervisor into getting someone to walk me and two friends to the plaza level...got some pictures. Bummed the monstervision cuts off the top of the spire

The stadium is effing awesome

-dan

Just landed. Lots of concrete haha. Anyone else notice that they are selling tickets behind the stage in the lower level (section 144) for 30 bucks? Must have the Claw and up selling seats with Claw blocked views

SMB

Ok, made it to the cool rain in Dallas from the sweltering heat in Tampa.

I'm still hoping to be able to sponge a sneaky lift to Arlington tomorrow morning / lunchtime (but not back again). A free copy of a very fabulous, rare and exclusive U2 book to anybody able to oblige!

I'm staying at a guy's place in Lakewood, but I can take the DART somewhere else if that's more convenient.

My US number (for the next five days or so anyway) is 773 595 9038 if anybody has a space for one more please!

Speaking of spending $40 worth for parking, etc...along with what Savi424 said, is anyone else around the stadium offering any types of parking 'assistance'? :huh:

I was really curious about Walmart, which is right across Randol Mill road from the stadium.

Wondering what people have heard about this?

I'm flying out in the morning, see everyone in Dallas and Houston! I've got Red Zone but I will be in the inner circle. :hyper: I'll be at Sherlocks at Lincoln Square eating and drinking our $40 worth (so we can park), probably until 3. Can't wait! Concert numbers 8 & 9 this tour for me.

Mrs. G - right now (7 PM Sunday) it's raining (I'm just north of Dallas), and is supposed to rain tomorrow as well, but I think it should clear off about mid day. We've been having LOTS of rain lately which is really unusual for Dallas. I can only say dress appropriately and bring a brolly! :|

I was wondering if anyone going to the gig from fort worth could give me a ride back? I live right along Jacksboro Highway

I can give you gas money

Speaking of spending $40 worth for parking, etc...along with what Savi424 said, is anyone else around the stadium offering any types of parking 'assistance'? :huh:

I was really curious about Walmart, which is right across Randol Mill road from the stadium.

Wondering what people have heard about this?

Ditto to what she said. It would be great if I could hitch a ride with someone, after parking nearby, etc. Lincoln Square or the like. Would save all of us a lot of money! :lol:

Oh fuck. I don't know if I have a ride tomorrow anymore :uhoh:. Fucking car, brake lines are lame.

Yeah I got into a car wreck a few days ago and my car is in the shop now, they haven't even begun working on it.

Going to majorly suck if I miss this concert because of that :/

Yeah I got into a car wreck a few days ago and my car is in the shop now, they haven't even begun working on it.

Going to majorly suck if I miss this concert because of that :/

My friend is being REALLLLY flaky about whether or not he's taking me tomorrow or not. Reallly nervous.

Mrs. G - right now (7 PM Sunday) it's raining (I'm just north of Dallas), and is supposed to rain tomorrow as well, but I think it should clear off about mid day. We've been having LOTS of rain lately which is really unusual for Dallas. I can only say dress appropriately and bring a brolly! :|

thank you for the weather update. I saw the forecast called for cloudy and temps mid 60s by afternoon, hopefully the rain will have stopped. Gonna have to remember to pack an umbrella tonight, leaving in the morning.

See you all there! :wave:

Trip011.jpg

I'm taking off tomorrow for Houston, if anyone *isn't* going to Dallas and is somewhere along the way from Minnesota, I can give you a ride. ;)

The weather's updated again. High 67, rain until 6am and then after that it SAYS cloudy with ZERO chance of precipitation.

That's what it SAYS anyways.

well, without any real plans now, I'm going to get a little sleep and hope I don't wake up too miserable. Once I get there I'll fell better.

Just went and checked out the line....645a, maybe 100 deep.

-dan

Just going to let people know that for GA; its pretty chilly out @ there a chance of rain til 12. My initial adrenaline is going down so I just realized that Im freezing in my jean jacket. Mistake!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom