October 12, 14 - Dallas/Houston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE MORE WEEEK!!!

GA People: What time are y'all heading over to the stadium; (Is it necessary to show up around 6 am as I did for Elevation & Vertigo?)

Hotels: Can anyone recommend a midlevel hotel by the stadium? I'd rather get there by taxi and leave my car at the hotel.

Best spot to see the concerty from? I'm a tip of the heart kinda guy and I can't see a similar location in the pictures I've seen. Can anyone help?

Haven't seen the show yet m'self but from what I've read, the two prime spots are that "tip of the heart" (outer rail - directly out from the center of the stage) or way back at the sound board. Those spots are said to offer good views of the Whole Show.

Hotels? Can't help ya with that - we're staying pretty far, downtown I think.

:hyper: I'm going to be completely insufferable this week until I get on that plane Saturday morning! :hyper:

Any one tell me how you get into the pit? Is it like last time..where the computer beeps you access or is it first come first serve.

The actual show will not be wet even if it rains, but it will be problematic for GA people... but the venue does have a roof.

So, my ticket for Dallas Monday night is in section 420, row 1, seat 1. Looking at the Stadium's colored seating chart for the 360 show, the person sitting right across the isle from me in section 421 payed 65 dollars more than I did! Haha. Nice. I have the same view for a lot less!

SMB

It seems to get better by saturday, rigth now is rainy :doh:

Check this

Sorry, check it again. But I think that is much more helpful if the local fans tell us about it. Is enough with a raincoat? =)

high in the upper 70's - 20% chance of rain - sounds perfect to me. A little rain would suck for those of us in line but it's only a 20% chance.

Oh, and can I just say...
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Well folks, I just drove by the cowboys stadium tonight and i saw the screen was already raised up (not all the way up but a lot higher than its usual position of 90ft above the field, and saw some trucks carrying parts of the claw parked outside. There were only few trucks, so most are probably still in transit, but wow...6 more days to go. It's almost here people.

anyone heading to Dallas and driving, do yourself a favor and check this site out for maps, and more importantly, suggested driving directions to get to the stadium efficiently. Remember, there are still major road projects yet to be finished, so what may look like a direct map on paper may not be your fastest wy to get to the stadium. Also, unless you already have a parking ticket or buy one of Ticketmaster, don't assume ANY of the Cowboys lots will have space considering they only have capacity for less than 50% of the total event parking.

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/parking.cfm

If I get dropped off at 5am and Mr.Z parks the car and WalMart and walks back to the line, is that considered "holding a spot" and frowned upon? Or is that okay?

That depends on the people in the line I guess. Since its 5 AM i guess its ok, but on event days, there are cops and stadium personnel hoarding and guarding walmart, making sure nobody going to the stadium parks there. They even block off the main entrance to walmart on event days and make you take a detour and a back entrance. I dont know if they will have those barricades set up that early, but take note that its illegal and if they find out, its not going to be too nice and you might end up paying more for fines than the actual parking cost.

If I get dropped off at 5am and Mr.Z parks the car and WalMart and walks back to the line, is that considered "holding a spot" and frowned upon? Or is that okay?

You getting there at 5? Maybe that's when I'll show up, if I know someone else will be there :lol:.

So the claw pieces are out there, huh? Tempted to go drive by just to see :lol:

I drove by once again a few hours back, and there are a lot more trucks showing up, and almost seems like most of the claw is here. I would assume that by tomorrow most of the stuff for the claw itself should be here. they already got the barricades set up for where the trucks will be parked.

I have NO reason to go into Arlington, but I find myself being drawn to randomly driving by anyways :lol:

I have a question: Is getting into the GA line between noon and 1230 pm too late? I'm not shooting for the pit, obviously, but within a reasonable distance from the "ellipse"

I have a question: Is getting into the GA line between noon and 1230 pm too late? I'm not shooting for the pit, obviously, but within a reasonable distance from the "ellipse"

you could roll in at 5p and probably get in the circle

get there at noon, you'll have plenty of rail space to choose from

-dan

I've been a U2 fan since I was 7, and after 26 years of never getting to see them live, I'm going to see them TWICE in the span of SIX days! I bought my Norman tickets months ago, and just this morning a ticket for the 100 level seats just fell in my lap from a friend who had an extra. SO HAPPY I get to see Muse while they are in the US. This is awesome!!!

I've been a U2 fan since I was 7, and after 26 years of never getting to see them live, I'm going to see them TWICE in the span of SIX days! I bought my Norman tickets months ago, and just this morning a ticket for the 100 level seats just fell in my lap from a friend who had an extra. SO HAPPY I get to see Muse while they are in the US. This is awesome!!!

Hey! Congratulations!! :applaud: I'm sure you will have the time of your life, enjoy my friend!! :hyper:

(and if you get to see Bono, please tell him to play Drowning Man or Electrical Storm in Dallas :wink: )

That depends on the people in the line I guess. Since its 5 AM i guess its ok, but on event days, there are cops and stadium personnel hoarding and guarding walmart, making sure nobody going to the stadium parks there. They even block off the main entrance to walmart on event days and make you take a detour and a back entrance. I dont know if they will have those barricades set up that early, but take note that its illegal and if they find out, its not going to be too nice and you might end up paying more for fines than the actual parking cost.

Thanks. Someone suggested I park there until the mall opens up. The mall is doing that "spend $40 here and park for free" thing. Maybe we'll just park there early and then I'll send hubby on a quick shopping trip - maybe he can buy us all snacks in the food court.

Speaking of that, I'll look back through the thread but does anyone have that mall link handy?
You getting there at 5? Maybe that's when I'll show up, if I know someone else will be there :lol:.

So the claw pieces are out there, huh? Tempted to go drive by just to see :lol:

I don't know. Mr.Z wants to be as close as humanly possible to Edge and I know ppl have been camping out in other cities to get the prime rail spots.

That being said, to the person above, who asked about getting there around 11, like Dan said, plenty of ppl have gotten there as late as 6 or 6:30 and gotten into the pit.

I don't know. Mr.Z wants to be as close as humanly possible to Edge and I know ppl have been camping out in other cities to get the prime rail spots.

That being said, to the person above, who asked about getting there around 11, like Dan said, plenty of ppl have gotten there as late as 6 or 6:30 and gotten into the pit.

Since this is the only show I'm seeing this year, and possibly the only show I'm seeing this whole tour, I want to get this right. If I simply KNOW someone else is going to be in line that early, I'll be there. I just don't want to be in line alone :lol:.

Ah, I'm getting nervous. Not having my car handy, I'm going to have to bring with me whatever it is I need, and then proceed to bring that with me to the show :uhoh:. Those small bags with the rope drawstrings are ok to have at the venue right? :shifty:

Since this is the only show I'm seeing this year, and possibly the only show I'm seeing this whole tour, I want to get this right. If I simply KNOW someone else is going to be in line that early, I'll be there. I just don't want to be in line alone :lol:.

Ah, I'm getting nervous. Not having my car handy, I'm going to have to bring with me whatever it is I need, and then proceed to bring that with me to the show :uhoh:. Those small bags with the rope drawstrings are ok to have at the venue right? :shifty:

Someone else WILL be in line - do you mean someone you "know"? If you want, you can PM me your cell # and I can call you the night before and we can plan a meet up time.

I know what you mean about getting nervous planning. Nobody's posted the dos and don'ts for this stadium yet. Mabye I'll look today. I'm borrowing my friend's backpack purse since I don't like to have a satchel / messenger bag thing across my chest all night.

From the stadium's site:

U2 Concert Information
Monday, October 12, 2009
9:00am Early Parking Opens - Lot 13 ONLY
(Cash and Passes Accepted)

9:00am Early Line-Up Opens (GA Floor) -
Outside West Plaza - Designated Line Only

3:30pm Cowboys Stadium Parking Lots Open

5:00pm Plazas Open & Stadium Opens
(Plaza Access Requires Event Ticket)

7:00pm Concert Begins
GA Floor Tickets
The floor/field tickets for this event are general admission. There are no seats or chairs on the floor/field level. Access for all floor/field tickets will be on the west side of the stadium via Champions Plaza at Entry J. Guests with floor/field tickets may line up no earlier than 9:00am on Monday, October 12. Look for the designated line outside Champions Plaza.

Early Parking
Cowboys Stadium Silver Lot 13 will open at 9:00am. Cash and pre-paid parking passes (to any Cowboys Lot) will be accepted at Silver Lot 13 for guests who wish to arrive early. All other Cowboys Stadium parking lots will open at 3:30pm. There are no in/out privileges for parking.

Prohibited Items
Guests are reminded that folding chairs, coolers, backpacks, bags larger than 12in x 12in x 12in, food and beverage, beverage containers of any kind, signs or flags on sticks, video cameras, and alcohol are not permitted. Guests waiting in line may have chairs, coolers, etc. but these must be removed from the line by 4pm. Alcohol may not be brought into the stadium and it may not be consumed while waiting in line outside the stadium.

So will Lot 13 be the same $30 as the other parking lots? I'm getting nervous also, this is my first U2 concert, and my first concert of this size. I am also going solo, so hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom