October 12, 14 - Dallas/Houston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a hotel recommendation? We were thinking of staying here but thought it might be too far to go for a mid-afternoon shower.

Dallas Hotels | Dallas Historic Boutique Hotel - Belmont Hotel

I wouldn't stay too far from the stadium. traffic is really bad to go along with construction. did anyone try that Muse presale. Were there any GA's?

I'll have to figure out what to do about parking since lots probably won't open til after I arrive for GA. I'm thinking about the Walmart across the street, but i'm worried about towing. Six Flags Mall is too far.

I wouldn't stay too far from the stadium. traffic is really bad to go along with construction. did anyone try that Muse presale. Were there any GA's?

I'll have to figure out what to do about parking since lots probably won't open til after I arrive for GA.

What about RIGHT next to the stadium? There's a place called "Ballpark Inn" on Collins Blvd. Anyone local wanna check that out? I tried to google it but there are no pics and mixed reviews on travel sites.

igunashio, glad everything worked out for the best! See you in Dallas!

Be sureeee of that Zuropa, TY!. About hotels there´s one in the same block of the stadium but won´t be my choice because of the price, ´cause I need to pay me the Houston hotel too. Look for the Days Inn on the net. For a family or group think will be a good one.

SalU2=Saludos=Salutes

I'm staying here for the 11 and 12 Oct. It's $90 per night.

Is that miles from the stadium?

That hotel is really not close to the stadium. It's over twenty miles away and with traffic that's a pretty long haul to Arlington.

Did you check for any hotels in Arlington?

The stadium is here:

My Saved Places - Google Maps

There are some hotels that are relatively close.

Thanks so much RamblinRose for pointing that out. I've made a new booking for here which should save me a bit of a walk.

parking will be a nightmare as will the traffic. i went to opening day at the ballpark and it took me over an hour to get out of arlington. can't imagine what that will be like coming out of the cowboys stadium.

It might be a little on the expensive end, but the Sheraton Arlington is one of the closest to the stadium and it's very nice. It's probably less than a mile away. I live in Dallas and would be willing to drive by any hotels you are considering and let you know if they look okay, at least from the outside and lobby!

Arlington TX Hotels

I work in Arlington TX and I can tell you any hotel/motel very close to the NEW COWBOYS stadium is going to be a dump. It is not the best neighborhood. I would stay closer to Six Flags, Collins/Lamar area or off of HWY 360. Stay away from anything on Division or Abrams around Collins.

CATHALMC
That hotel is close to downtown Dallas and it is close to the OLD stadium .... The new stadium (where U2 will be) is about 25 miles away.

CATHALMC,

That hotel is close to downdown Dallas and it is close to the OLD Cowboys Stadium. U2 will be at the NEW Cowboys Stadium in Arlington Texas. That hotel would be about 25 miles away.

Sorry Cathalmc, I didn't see that you rebook. The 2nd hotel is very close and I drive past it every day.

I drive by this place everyday and it looks nice. It is very close to the new stadium. La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Arlington North. I checked the rate is about $105.00 and up.

I work in Arlington TX and I can tell you any hotel/motel very close to the NEW COWBOYS stadium is going to be a dump. It is not the best neighborhood. I would stay closer to Six Flags, Collins/Lamar area or off of HWY 360. Stay away from anything on Division or Abrams around Collins.

Thanks, it sorta looked that way on the map. I'd think they'd build a nice place or two right next to the stadium though. Maybe in the next few months...

Thanks, it sorta looked that way on the map. I'd think they'd build a nice place or two right next to the stadium though. Maybe in the next few months...

If the ballpark is any indication, don't count on anything getting built near the stadium in 15 yrs much less a few months

Usually that happens. Wherever a important construction is builded all around it goes improved with more hotels, malls, bars, etc... And thinking on the new stadium, like a good choice for a superbowl, soon in a few months, just as Zuropa says, everything will grow in just months For love or money, money, money... ?

And the fever, gettin' higher.

Just got my tickets for the Dallas show. I'm on the floor. Look forward to meeting up with any of you guys as me and my friend will probably head out pretty early to beat traffic and get close to the stage.​

shit, i anticipate people camping out for a good GA spot the night before. My buddy and i will probably swing by there Sun. night to see if there is a crowd forming.

When they played at Reunion Arena several years back, there were people there at midnight in sleeping bags and tents...

It will most likely be still pretty warm/hot in October here, but we also have to take into account the unpredictable nature of weather in Texas....

Also, will there be a huge turnout for the GA lines? I want to show up early but I don't want to show up earlier than maybe 10AM on the day of the show.

The stadium is pretty much done structurally, they seem to be working on the interior and the final touches. George Strait is the first play in the stadium first week of June. I wonder where We'd have to line up for the U2 show, since nobody's ever been to this stadium...

It will most likely be still pretty warm/hot in October here, but we also have to take into account the unpredictable nature of weather in Texas....

Also, will there be a huge turnout for the GA lines? I want to show up early but I don't want to show up earlier than maybe 10AM on the day of the show.

Ty so much darthhawk125. Anyway I ´ll decide to go with the tent at last minute. About the turnout... at least here at Mexico the forming of fans starts 3 days before the conceeerrrttsss :lol: The only row I´ve seen of USA is on the official DVD of Chicago.

But wiil be nice pass the nite outside just to get a good spot for the concert.

Salutes=Saludos=SalU2 have a nice day!

Where would you camp out? I mean, I know in Houston, Reliant has a fence around the facilities, I doubt they would let people spend the night in the parking lot. I mean you could camp out by the entrance, but somebody could easily show up in their car right before they open the gates, drive up the perfect parking spot, and beat you to the front of the line.

Ooopsss Oski. I didn´t know that. Well, the fans I saw on dvd were precisally outside the fence around that arena at Chicago. I remember that couple interviewed talking about they pass the previous nite outside. And in several places that happens. Don´t know if the personal of the stadium permits the access to fans before let the cars get in. I remember that the last stadium tour of U2 were the Popmart, with numbered seating, and that situation never occurs. Let´s see how the US leg dates develops on that matter.

Returning to my previous experience. At the Azteca stadium, the personal of that venue, along with the security of the event, assign us numbered bracelets 2 days before the concert day to form line. That were a good solution and avoids the stadium staff to keep thousands an thousands of fans camping 3 days on the parking lot. Even with that, lots of fans who lived far or outside Mexico city camp a few days. And lucky them (including some of my friends) ´cause the band thru their staff, ask the stadium personal to give out some pizzas originally stored to be selled during the concert. A lil´ gift for their sacrifice and devotion for U2. And some saw and chatted with Bono from so close thru a concret fence when he arrived for the sound check.

And if we can get the chance to camp outside, bring a guitar will you? hehehe !

Anyone notice there is a gate entrance letter listed on the ticket for Dallas? I wonder how that may affect GA lineups

Anyone notice there is a gate entrance letter listed on the ticket for Dallas? I wonder how that may affect GA lineups

Yes, I don't know what that's about. I wonder if they make us wait at different places. I can't remember what mine says, I'll have to look at the ticket.

I don't think anybody knows what the gate numbers would mean (if anything) since there hasn't even been an event at the stadium yet.

The only time i've been GA was in Providence on Elevation leg 3 and I only waited 2 hours before showtime and got a great spot at the tip of the heart. Of course with the lottery, the outside will fill up a little quicker since people won't be immediately heading for the inner circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom