October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick googling shows multiple pools of tickets for Scott Stadium shows.

Understand presales? ✔
Understand scalping? ✔
Understand season ticketholders? ✔

Understand the source of these tix? :hmm:

U2 Tickets - Scott Stadium - 10/1/2009 - GreatSeats.com

U2 - Official Date TBA at Scott Stadium in Charlottesville on October 1, 2009

U2 - Official Date TBA Charlottesville

Anyone care to hazard a guess? :huh:

well of course they don't actually have the tickets in hand just anticipating them prior to the presales and general sale which are this week with the general sale end of this week or on April 6th.

well of course they don't actually have the tickets in hand just anticipating them prior to the presales and general sale which are this week with the general sale end of this week or on April 6th.

Yep! If you read the fine print under the area listed they say "possible upgrade" so likely they are listing the seats in the worst section so that they can "upgrade" the (stupid) buyer once the scalping websites have them in hand. Nice, right? GAs going for $975 each on one of those sites. You are better off bidding on the RED auction, at least some of the absurd price goes to charity. Oy! :doh:

I'm going (2 GAs from today's Breathe pre-sale).

Haha that seating chart on the greatseats.com listing is backwards. Who would ever pay those prices????????

I got two $95 seats in section 532 yesterday from the venue presale. I can't decide if I really want those, though. I'm taking my dad, and he doesn't want to do GA. I also can't afford really good seats. I'm just not excited about sitting in the upper level, especially for almost twice the price of GA. Makes no sense. I'm thinking about getting GA, not lining up, and just staying near the back of the field so I don't have to drag my dad into the crowd.

But yeah, I'm going. I'll be somewhere in the building. Of that much I am sure. :wink:

I got two $95 seats in section 532 yesterday from the venue presale. I can't decide if I really want those, though. I'm taking my dad, and he doesn't want to do GA. I also can't afford really good seats. I'm just not excited about sitting in the upper level, especially for almost twice the price of GA. Makes no sense. I'm thinking about getting GA, not lining up, and just staying near the back of the field so I don't have to drag my dad into the crowd.

But yeah, I'm going. I'll be somewhere in the building. Of that much I am sure. :wink:

Why not get the "Lawn GA" tickets? Last time I check they were still available in the UVA Pre-Sale and they are only 30 bucks. The lawn is elevated so you will have a great view and it isn't all that much further back than being in the back of the GA field.

Why not get the "Lawn GA" tickets? Last time I check they were still available in the UVA Pre-Sale and they are only 30 bucks. The lawn is elevated so you will have a great view and it isn't all that much further back than being in the back of the GA field.
Yeah, I might think about that. The field section looks really far away, but I guess so is the back of the field. I've never been to the stadium before, so it's hard for me to visualize just how big the place is.

I might just keep my seats. I'm not sure I can convince my dad to stand for that many hours, anyway. He did GA with me in St. Louis last tour, and he was extremely cranky at the end of the night.

Hmmm....
I just picked up 2 from the Presale,...in section 108, row Q.
They look decent from the seating chart?....But I am new to the area, and have never been to the stadium,...so I really have no idea what to expect.....

Any chance this show will sell out? I'm still pulling up pairs of seats all over the place.

U2 has 6 months to sell out this show yet. It may not be a complete sellout, but it'll probably come very close. At these prices, The Police didn't even sell out a 16,000 seat arena. It's amazing that the show might even come close to selling out in Charlottesville. This is where it's going to become evident that U2 needs a current hit song/album in order to fill stadiums in secondary markets like Charlottesville, Raleigh or Oklahoma City. All tickets in the $55 range are sold out, which is good I suppose.

I think about a month before showtime, all the seats that are still available will be reduced in price to ensure a sellout. At least, that's what I would do. Better business to make less money off a seat than to make no money off a seat because nobody would buy it.

I think about a month before showtime, all the seats that are still available will be reduced in price to ensure a sellout. At least, that's what I would do. Better business to make less money off a seat than to make no money off a seat because nobody would buy it.

That would be great, but to tell you the truth, I don't think this will ever happen from Ticketmaster themselves. I've never heard of them lowering the price through the legit channels. Now if you're talking about scalpers who will be trying to get rid of tickets because they can't give them back to TM, you may be right.

Somehow I also think the stadium's not sold out because there are fewer brokers getting into the pool, so the number of seats set aside for the brokers are fewer. Thus there are more seats available to the public. I'd like to put on my utopian hat and think that this is how it should be for all the other venues, with the ticket brokers removed from the equation.

That would be great, but to tell you the truth, I don't think this will ever happen from Ticketmaster themselves. I've never heard of them lowering the price through the legit channels. Now if you're talking about scalpers who will be trying to get rid of tickets because they can't give them back to TM, you may be right.

Somehow I also think the stadium's not sold out because there are fewer brokers getting into the pool, so the number of seats set aside for the brokers are fewer. Thus there are more seats available to the public. I'd like to put on my utopian hat and think that this is how it should be for all the other venues, with the ticket brokers removed from the equation.

Last summer I saw Dave Matthews Band at Crew Stadium in Columbus, about a 30,000 soccer stadium. Field tickets were $70 and the rest of the stadium was $60. Needless to say, the entire upper level of the stadium never even got to sell tickets. If ticketmaster would have looked into this and thought "these upper level tickets are not going to sell... we'd better sell them seperately for $30" they MIGHT have had a near sold out concert. Instead, it was a sobering half full stadium. It definitely affected the band's mood, as well as the crowd's.

I don't see why they don't cut their losses and reduce prices if they don't think something is going to sell. All other businesses do it... I just don't get it.

Last summer I saw Dave Matthews Band at Crew Stadium in Columbus, about a 30,000 soccer stadium. Field tickets were $70 and the rest of the stadium was $60. Needless to say, the entire upper level of the stadium never even got to sell tickets. If ticketmaster would have looked into this and thought "these upper level tickets are not going to sell... we'd better sell them seperately for $30" they MIGHT have had a near sold out concert. Instead, it was a sobering half full stadium. It definitely affected the band's mood, as well as the crowd's.

I don't see why they don't cut their losses and reduce prices if they don't think something is going to sell. All other businesses do it... I just don't get it.

The majority of tickets available for the Scott Stadium show have actually been sold already. The field and GA Lawn at the back are gone. The only lower level $95 dollar tickets available for 2 or more people are behind the stage. $55 dollar tickets are gone except for singles. At one point, there were no $95 dollar upper level tickets. The fact that they have soldout of $55tickets on the upper level, and have sold a lot of $95 dollar tickets in the upper level, shows that sales have been fantastic.

Remember, U2 has only played to 60,000 or more people in the United States 5 times. 3 shows in Los Angeles, 1 in Philadelphia, and 1 in Madison Wisconsin. The 3 shows in Los Angeles that had attendance levels of 67,000, 67,000, and 65,000 never actually soldout. The Philadelphia and Madison Wisconsin shows did not sellout until the day of the show.

Since U2 has never sold 60,000 tickets for one show in the United States in a single day prior to this tour, I wonder why any of you would expect they would sell over 60,000 tickets in a remote area like Charlottsville VA in just one day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom