October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may regret it later, but I deleted the email offering me early purchase on 'VIP parking'. I'm planning at this point to leave my vehicle at the hotel & walk to the stadium. Call me cheap, call me uninitiated with the ways of the world, but $20 for 4-5hrs of parking is ridiculous. :shrug:

Could be worse. You should see some of the prices they charge for parking for a baseball game here in DC or the fact I think they charged 50 bucks for parking for Elton John and Billy Joel.

Sigh!

It says they are $18.00- $90.00. Why can't we just park our car wherever like ever other place and pay when we get there

It's a college campus, so there are limited parking spots. The stadium has maybe 1000-2000 spots. I'll probably just find a nearby private lot when I arrive.

I may regret it later, but I deleted the email offering me early purchase on 'VIP parking'. I'm planning at this point to leave my vehicle at the hotel & walk to the stadium. Call me cheap, call me uninitiated with the ways of the world, but $20 for 4-5hrs of parking is ridiculous. :shrug:

I rather pay $20 an park close cuz if i have to go with my friend to get food, i don't want to walk far carrying food.

also, i'm disabled an gotta get the handicapped parking spot in the front! I'll be bringing my parking placard for my friends car!

I rather pay $20 an park close cuz if i have to go with my friend to get food, i don't want to walk far carrying food.

also, i'm disabled an gotta get the handicapped parking spot in the front! I'll be bringing my parking placard for my friends car!

How many psychotic U2 Fans can fit in Jesse's friend's car:ohmy:

Actually $20 is not that bad (the scam artist's L:huh:L)

Ok I just made reservations at HIE Waynesboro (Thank you MrsPurrl:wave:)

Leaving Dayton Ohio around 3p.m. 9/30/09 arriving Waynesboro about 10p.m. or 11p.m. ish:ohmy:

Staying until Friday afternoon:up:

Now all I need to finalize is parking on 10/1:reject:

What if I get to the stadium early could I snag a free spot:cute:

LOL

You're welcome, Seth.

We bought one of the $29 parking permits in the orange zone behind the stadium (all the red zone was sold out), since we'll be driving in from where we're staying between Waynesboro and CHO. Worth it to me not to be driving out Charlottesville looking for a parking place!

Sleep in on the day of the show and the morning after--until check-out time, at least. You'll need your rest for the trip back to Dayton.

I ignored that parking email, but now I'm thinking maybe I should just suck it up and buy a pass. It's probably worth the money to avoid the hassle of finding elsewhere to park.

You're welcome, Seth.

We bought one of the $29 parking permits in the orange zone behind the stadium (all the red zone was sold out), since we'll be driving in from where we're staying between Waynesboro and CHO. Worth it to me not to be driving out Charlottesville looking for a parking place!

Sleep in on the day of the show and the morning after--until check-out time, at least. You'll need your rest for the trip back to Dayton.

MsPurrl:wave:

Where did you buy the $29 Parking Pass ? How far of a walk would you say it is from The Stadium ?:ohmy:

I feel like George Constanza trying to find the sweet free parking spot right at the front door L:cute:L

MsPurrl:wave:

Where did you buy the $29 Parking Pass ? How far of a walk would you say it is from The Stadium ?:ohmy:

I feel like George Constanza trying to find the sweet free parking spot right at the front door L:cute:L

I got an e-mail from ticketmaster, since we bought our tickets through them during the u2.com member pre-sale. Did you get yours then? If you go here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0100430687F33976?artistid=804161&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=103 it looks like the parking passes go on sale to "the general public" on August 24. You can see the diagram of the stadium and where the parking areas are.

I got an e-mail from ticketmaster, since we bought our tickets through them during the u2.com member pre-sale. Did you get yours then? If you go here: Parking: U2 360 Tour tickets Scott Stadium Charlottesville, VA, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site. it looks like the parking passes go on sale to "the general public" on August 24. You can see the diagram of the stadium and where the parking areas are.

I bought ALL FIVE GA Tickets from Interferencer's

U2Fan05 sold me two
Trig sold me two
& LauraMullen just sold me one

All at FV:hug:

So I did not even go to TM but much gracias for your help

My son & I figured it out tonight after buying five GA's / Two nights in HIE / Fuel there & back / Food for the rug rats :ohmy: / & now Parking it will be about $850 total

MaMa Mia !

My wife & I are going without the chitlins to both Chicago Shows:huh:

Our bank account may need C.P.R. on 10/2/09:love:

You're welcome, Seth.

i managed to get a parking pass for the red zone so I guess I got lucky eh? I think its worth the 29 dollars to be close to the stadium. Hopefully it will be a easy in and out..

Just wanted to say hi - going to the Charlottesville show. I'm from DC, but we decided to do scott stadium instead of fedex. Anyway, very excited! Thanks for all the info locals have offered so far!

We're staying at the hampton inn on main st, so hoping to walk there (i know it's a ways, but it still seems feasible).

i managed to get a parking pass for the red zone so I guess I got lucky eh? I think its worth the 29 dollars to be close to the stadium. Hopefully it will be a easy in and out..

As with any other show, I think the "in" will be easy, because everyone doesn't get there at the same time. The "out", when everyone leaves at the same time, will be the rough part. Thank goodness the next day won't be an early morning for most of us!

:wave:

How far are you from Scott Stadium ?

Now I am wondering how far I am from FedEx Field:huh:

:wave: A little under 2.5 hours to Charlottesville from DC. FedEx is a pain to deal with though (and not very nice generally!), and a much bigger stadium than Scott.

I'm sure U2 would still be amazing there, but I think Scott is the better choice!

A little under 2.5 hours to Charlottesville from DC.

If my wife's head would not explode I would :heart: to do this

D.C. Show on 9/29 next day drive to Va. do 10/1 then on Friday afternoon drive a little under four hours to Raleigh for 10/3 drive home to Dayton Ohio on Sunday 10/4

:ohmy:

:wave: A little under 2.5 hours to Charlottesville from DC. FedEx is a pain to deal with though (and not very nice generally!), and a much bigger stadium than Scott.

What's wrong with Fedex? Scott has a lot of bleachers versus all seats for Fedex. Fedex is much less walkable though - 20 minutes to a metro stop and nothing else nearby really.

Little John's on the Corner is open 24 hours. I'll probably be there post-show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom