October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha! Just football games! I think...we'll see.

I STILL CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO WEAR TO THE CONCERT!! I have a thread in PLEBA about wanting to get serenaded by Bono...I don't know whether to make my own tee shirt, wear something from Edun, wear something UVA-ish so he knows I'm a student here, or what another girl suggested: A strappy cami shirt since Bono loves girls in those! Hahah. I love the tee shirt you designed though (if you designed it). Very cool! I'll look for you!

Oh by the way guys - I am totally looking at Scott Stadium right now from where I am sitting. Ahh how much longer...

Oh by the way guys - I am totally looking at Scott Stadium right now from where I am sitting. Ahh how much longer...

Any advice for out-of-towners on how to get to the stadium. I'm coming from the DC area. I went there for a year for grad school (before transferring) and have been to the stadium before. I understand parking onsite is limited, but I assume they have some shuttle buses etc.

Hahaha! Just football games! I think...we'll see.

I STILL CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO WEAR TO THE CONCERT!! I have a thread in PLEBA about wanting to get serenaded by Bono...I don't know whether to make my own tee shirt, wear something from Edun, wear something UVA-ish so he knows I'm a student here, or what another girl suggested: A strappy cami shirt since Bono loves girls in those! Hahah. I love the tee shirt you designed though (if you designed it). Very cool! I'll look for you!

You have a few months to figure it out. Go to the mall in the summer and try to find something cute.

Any advice for out-of-towners on how to get to the stadium. I'm coming from the DC area. I went there for a year for grad school (before transferring) and have been to the stadium before. I understand parking onsite is limited, but I assume they have some shuttle buses etc.

You'll want to get off at exit 118B from 64 West. From there, stay in the right lane (don't merge). The arrow will point you towards Charlottesville. Then, make a right onto Fontaine Ave. Stay in the left lane, make a left onto Maury Ave. Follow that road til you get to the crossroads of Stadium Rd. and Maury Ave. I'm sure there will a) be ridiculous amounts of trafic and b) be signs telling you where to go/park. I have a feeling UVA might shut down because there is simply not enough parking space to cover this amount of people, UVA barely has any parking as it is, ask any student here. A lot of students who live on Stadium Rd. actually let people park in their driveway (for about 20 bucks, I know a lot of people who make money that way for football games). So yeah...it's going to be a zoo.

A lot of students who live on Stadium Rd. actually let people park in their driveway (for about 20 bucks, I know a lot of people who make money that way for football games). So yeah...it's going to be a zoo.

Thanks for the inside info. I'll probably do that for convenience. I'll be staying in a hotel near the mall on 29 I think (didn't want to drive 2.5-3 hrs after a show), so that'll make it easier to get there.

Any of you locals know how far the Econo Lodge on Emmit Street is from Scott Stadium?

I'm hoping to walk to the stadium from the hotel...

Any of you locals know how far the Econo Lodge on Emmit Street is from Scott Stadium?

I think the Econolodge has moved further south on Emmet Street than it used to be, according to mapquest. In which case, I would say it's a fairly long hike.

Maybe someone who lives there now can better answer this one.

It is walkable, probably around 20 minutes.

If any of you guys have questions, especially when the show gets nearer and you're making plans, just remember me. I've lived in Charlottesville for 2 years now, and as a student who has walked/driven everywhere, I know my way around! I'd love to help you guys out!

^ Thanks! I was born in Waynesboro, but my parents moved us to Indiana many years ago. We still visit the area each summer for my mom's family's reunion and usually hit Charlottesville at least once. However, we've never looked for the stadium before. :D

It is walkable, probably around 20 minutes.

If any of you guys have questions, especially when the show gets nearer and you're making plans, just remember me. I've lived in Charlottesville for 2 years now, and as a student who has walked/driven everywhere, I know my way around! I'd love to help you guys out!

Does sound walkable.....but, maybe just not in my sexy boots....thanks for the info..

:doh: I should have thought of that - my hotel is a bit outside walking distance. I noticed hotels are filling up (some have no rooms). I looked at one near the med. center, which seems walkable.

If any of you guys have questions, especially when the show gets nearer and you're making plans, just remember me.

How is the stadium itself in terms of concession stands, etc.? Just basic food stands or any sit-down places?

I'm going to drive home after the show instead of getting a hotel. It is only like 5 hours.

Well, I know they sell water/refreshments on the upper level. So if you're going to be on the floor it'll be hard to get water. I am going to try to sneak in some bottles of water because I plan on being on the rail/getting there super early. When I saw them in DC, I was dying of thirst by the end. There are some great sit-down places about 15/20 minutes away from the Stadium. It's an area called "The Corner". It's near the Rotunda of UVA (which is the main symbol of UVA). Great restaurants over there for after the concert! But yeah, in terms of concession stands in Scott Stadium, I've only been to a few football games, but I've always been able to purchase (overpriced) bottles of water. I think they have food too, but I've never gotten any.

I'm going to drive home after the show instead of getting a hotel. It is only like 5 hours.

It's not interstate highway really - more like dark,rural 2 lane (each side) for the last 70-80 miles of it. I guess I could drive back to DC too, but I'll stay over and maybe sightsee a bit the next day.

Well, I know they sell water/refreshments on the upper level. So if you're going to be on the floor it'll be hard to get water. I am going to try to sneak in some bottles of water because I plan on being on the rail/getting there super early. When I saw them in DC, I was dying of thirst by the end. There are some great sit-down places about 15/20 minutes away from the Stadium. It's an area called "The Corner". It's near the Rotunda of UVA (which is the main symbol of UVA). Great restaurants over there for after the concert! But yeah, in terms of concession stands in Scott Stadium, I've only been to a few football games, but I've always been able to purchase (overpriced) bottles of water. I think they have food too, but I've never gotten any.

Good idea - I used to live a couple blocks from the Corner. It sounds like they don't have anything at Scott Stadium like the Fedex Field club level with sit-down restaurants. I guess I'll eat somewhere else before the show.

Only five hours from Jersey:hmm:

I grew up in Kearny & Union N.J. right by Newark

I am thinking about just driving home to Dayton Ohio after it is over too

7 hours:reject:

I remember after 12-10-2005 Cleveland I drove about four hours home high as a kite on U2:drool:

It was my first time ever seeing them L*I*V*E:hug:

I live in South Jersey and from my aprtment to Delaware takes only about 30 minutes and that is just south of Wilmington.

Congrats Don'tExpect:applaud:

I was able to buy two GA FLOOR Tickets from a guy here on Interference named U2Fan05

Sold them to me at face value:hug:$250 each LOL kiddin kiddin $55 a piece

My son turns 15 that day 10-1-09

I am gonna try to take all four kids:huh:

That is the best to see your favorite band on your birthday. Finally this tour that will happen to me

I don't like to fly, but it doesn't terrify me enough that I won't. It is an overnight flight and I can sleep most of they way

Considering this is technically the Virginia Show thread I shall not mention it by name but ...... can you imagine 9/24 & 9/25 ?

80,000 plus people:love:

I am trying to convince my wife:madwife:to let me take the kids there LOL

12 Hour car ride from Dayton Ohio but to me it is the Holy Grail or something

I grew up right by there....well not to far away:sad:

But back to flying I don't know if it because I am getting older (9-1-69) or what but to me if something goes wrong up there that would be a mighty long 30 second free fall:reject:

Ok I am done:blahblah:

Sometimes I get a little nauseous when the plane takes off and turns, but I learned not to look out the window and I'm fine. The rest is fine after that.

I going to both Giant's shows. GA. Do you have GA for C'ville?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom