October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get me wrong! He was awesome in everyway....

I just havent listened to U2 since New Years day came out! So, naturally when I heard some of the older stuff last night, I was like "hmmm...this doesnt sound the same".

Thats all. Simple observation.

Yeah, I do think he was a bit hoarse last night. Amazing, of course, but he did sound like he'd be belting it out for the previous few nights! :) Amazing Grace, for instance (unless it was my location?) definitely has some notes he didn't quite get. Didn't take away from the show, just wanted to give him a glass of saltwater. :hug: Still loved every moment!

How about: Because he was 23 when singing NYD first and now he is 49?
That's a lot of time. 30 years of singing - and mainly shouting in the 80s - does change your voice.

But his voice sounds the best it has sounded in ages right now. It has changed, but he gained a lot of technique.

He still has an incredible amount of energy on stage and is a real presence.

THIS:drool:

Good to see people still have some Grace & Understanding:up::up:

THIS:drool:

Good to see people still have some Grace & Understanding:up::up:

Hey - I think I you were standing next to my fiance and me last night... maybe? Inside, edge side?

Anyhow, I do agree that Bono's voice is amazing, and I'm utterly impressed at what he's doing *regardless of age*. Just speaking entirely as an observation, there were some off key moments. Which, if you're belting it out every night, is more than expected.

Hey - I think I you were standing next to my fiance and me last night... maybe? Inside, edge side?

JKayet

I was Outside of Circle/Pit Edge's Side Front Row on the black rail fence my 13y/o daughter Ba Ba:hug: was right by me she had a red cast on her foot

I was next to a really really nice guy & his wife & I think they said they were from D.C. area he was Special Forces Trainer & his wife a Special Ed Teacher for little kids they were fantastic to be around the whole night:up::up:

I asked them if they post on here they said no:sad:

I would almost tell them "Next Leg I am buying you both GA's just so we can all be together during the shows again....":D

SethVincent -

Aw, close, but not us. So funny, we were right next to a dad with his son from Ohio...so many great people at U2 shows! My linemates (of probably 10 or so) went straight from the line, in together, and all next to each other on the inside of the pit, back rail. I always have such great experiences meeting people while waiting!

SethVincent -

Aw, close, but not us. So funny, we were right next to a dad with his son from Ohio...so many great people at U2 shows! My linemates (of probably 10 or so) went straight from the line, in together, and all next to each other on the inside of the pit, back rail. I always have such great experiences meeting people while waiting!

My two teenage son's told me they were talking to a really nice guy inside pit w/ them who gave them his email to give to me & was telling them about my favorite bootleg site u2 start :up:

His first name is Rick I wonder if he is on Interference:hmm:

Everyone in Virginia & at the Stadium have been really really nice....

Although if one more Stadium Employee told me to "Have a great night..." my head was gonna explode LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom