October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and GA thoughts

Hello fellow U2 fans! I'm new to the site here, found it while trying to search for GA procedures for the Charlottesville concert next week. Can't wait!!! Long time fan of U2, but this is my first concert, so I'm really nervous and excited about it!!!

I have two GA5 tickets that I bought way back on pre-release day in April, so I'm like everyone else and scouring the internet for information on procedures... I too have a parking pass (Blue lot on Fontaine Ave), so I'm trying to figure out what to do about the 5:00 PM conundrum...

So...I found this online http://johnpauljonesarena.com/documents/U2360TourParkingMaterials.pdf...Has some info about the show.

I am just concerned about when the parking lots open versus when we can start lining up for GA...

Same here. That PDF document states that the "stadium gates will open 2 hours prior to the event." And since my tickets say the concert starts at 7:00pm, I'm assuming that means they should be opening the gates right around 5:00pm - the same time my parking lot opens. I'm trying to decide if I should sell my Blue lot pass to someone that has actual seats in the stands and try to find parking elsewhere so I can get in the GA queue early, or just not worry about it since most of what I'm reading from other posts/forums says that, even if you get there late in the day, you should still be able to get pretty close to the stage.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Nice to meet you all! :applaud:

I emailed a few people who are incharge of events and athletic facilities at UVA abt GA queue times...so far I have 1 response and they said the earliest we can start lining up is 3:00 in the afternoon...If I get a different response I will let you all know...

I imagine the parking gates open at 5:00 because the lots are used during the day when classes are in session and people are at work. We'll deal with it! Sure would like to know about taking a camera in, though! :huh:

Hello fellow U2 fans! I'm new to the site here, found it while trying to search for GA procedures for the Charlottesville concert next week. Can't wait!!! Long time fan of U2, but this is my first concert, so I'm really nervous and excited about it!!!

Same here. That PDF document states that the "stadium gates will open 2 hours prior to the event." And since my tickets say the concert starts at 7:00pm, I'm assuming that means they should be opening the gates right around 5:00pm - the same time my parking lot opens. I'm trying to decide if I should sell my Blue lot pass to someone that has actual seats in the stands and try to find parking elsewhere so I can get in the GA queue early, or just not worry about it since most of what I'm reading from other posts/forums says that, even if you get there late in the day, you should still be able to get pretty close to the stage.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Nice to meet you all! :applaud:

Hello Aslan:wave:

I have GA's for this show as well

My wife & I were at 9/12 & 9/13 for night one we had GA walked in GA/FLOOR right at 6p.m. & were inside circle/pit six rows back Adam's side

I am not telling you not to get there early I am just saying if you do get there right at 5p.m. you should be ok

GA queue

I emailed a few people who are incharge of events and athletic facilities at UVA abt GA queue times...so far I have 1 response and they said the earliest we can start lining up is 3:00 in the afternoon...If I get a different response I will let you all know...

Wow! I was planning on getting up there around 8:00 - 9:00 am! Thanks for doing the homework Running.

I completely understand that this is a college campus / university, I just wish they had thought the scheduling through a little bit better... to schedule it on the same day as exams (or even on a weekday period) just smacks of improper planning. Kind of wish I had known about the Raleigh show before I bought the Charlottesville tickets... at least they scheduled that one on a Saturday when there won't be that many college classes going on... :depressed:

Since we can't decorate the stadium with our lovely, lively GA line before 5pm, is anyone interested in getting together for a late lunch before going to line up - say 3-ish? I don't know the area, but there's bound to be an establishment with good food & good prices that can seat a group of 15 or so somewhere within a few miles of the venue. Anyone interested? Anyone have some suggestions? Anyone want to volunteer to pick up the tab? Hey - you'll never know if you won't ask! :D

For those wondering about parking before the 3 oclock slot for lots, I have heard people park at the shopping center and walk over. But have no idea if there is a chance you may be towed if they suspect you. One shopping center is a little closer than the other (Barracks)... I could ask around with UVA football fans and see if they have any ideas and will post later.

Every stadium "prohibits" lining up for the GA line early in the morning. I will be there bright and early and I'm sure others will as well (like at every other show). Has anyone taken a lead in coordinating the line yet?

Garciaricky - my parking pass says in capital letters TAILGATING IS NOT PERMITTED and so does the info on the website.

Does anyone else's passes have this written on the back? Wondering if other stadiums said the same thing and people did it anyway...

Some parking info that might be helpful, especially for those who want to park early before the "official parking" opens. a search of "parking" on Craig's list has some good buys. Several private lots ad businesses that are allowing parking from $10-20 (and they allow tailgating!) I was able to get aspace less than 10 minute walk from the stadium for less than the ticketmaster lots.

I keep going back and forth, trying to decide what to do. I have GA tickets and a Blue lot parking pass, so I'm stuck with not being able to park before 5:00PM... then again, I could just get there at five and get in line at the back of the GA queue, and possibly still get a good spot near the stage. Then I get to thinking that maybe I should try getting rid of my parking pass and finding other parking there so I can get in the GA queue sooner than 5:00PM... what to do!!!

Any suggestions for finding a hotel room for Oct. 1st? Everything is sold out. I'm coming from Virginia Beach, so I could just drive home. But, if anyone hears about any hotels with open rooms, please pass along.

Also, I have two extra GA tiks if you know anyone who needs a ticket. Thanks! Connie

Every stadium "prohibits" lining up for the GA line early in the morning. I will be there bright and early and I'm sure others will as well (like at every other show). Has anyone taken a lead in coordinating the line yet?

You need someone like BostonMichelle and UKTan. They did an awesome job in Boston coordinating with security (that's the thing...you need to get them on your side...and early). Maybe the afternoon before, like Boston.

I called the Affordable Corporate Suites located in Waynesboro for another person on this site and as of yesterday, they had rooms available at $69. I spoke to Lynn and she said she would offer that price for one night. I am not affiliated with this company and have no idea about the rooms, except it is fairly new place (2-3 years old I think) about a mile off exit 94 from 64. There may be a suite available at Best Western but it is much more, maybe double the price. Good luck finding a hotel!

240 Sheppard Court
Waynesboro, VA 22980
Phone: 540-941-1062

I called the Affordable Corporate Suites located in Waynesboro for another person on this site and as of yesterday, they had rooms available at $69. I spoke to Lynn and she said she would offer that price for one night. I am not affiliated with this company and have no idea about the rooms, except it is fairly new place (2-3 years old I think) about a mile off exit 94 from 64. There may be a suite available at Best Western but it is much more, maybe double the price. Good luck finding a hotel!

240 Sheppard Court
Waynesboro, VA 22980
Phone: 540-941-1062

Where in Waynesboro is that?

Also, I just called the Athletic Department office at UVA, and was told that small digital cameras will be permitted, just not "professional cameras." :lol: Nice to have that confirmed.

Any suggestions for finding a hotel room for Oct. 1st? Everything is sold out. I'm coming from Virginia Beach, so I could just drive home. But, if anyone hears about any hotels with open rooms, please pass along.

Also, I have two extra GA tiks if you know anyone who needs a ticket. Thanks! Connie

If you can't find anything in Charlottesville or Waynesboro (see 4va200's message ^^), you could also look near Richmond, since you'll be heading east. Hope you find something!

Hey guys - UVA local here.

...With bad news.

I went to go talk to the event staff yesterday to tell them that the 3pm rule is preposterous and will never work. They told me they will have 800 staff members there, and that due to the "safety" and "running" of the university - there will be "NO EXCEPTIONS". I told them they are crazy and will be out there at 4am like many of you.

Being Front of Stage is really important to me, especially since they are coming to my school, and nobody is going to stop me!

On a lighter note, stage set up started yesterday, and 120 trucks arrived today.

Just wanted to tell you all that security is going to be TOUGH on Thursday. Let's brainstorm, guys! I want to be in the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom