October 09 Raymond James Center, Tampa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LocustWind

Babyface
Hi everyone! I sure hope there are some of you in here from Florida. I'm looking to meet anybody who is definitely planning on making the shows here in this state when the next tour comes through.

Hell, even if you're not from Florida...if you're planning on making a show in our state, let me know!

Where in Florida are you from?

I live in Lakeland, the site of the kick off for the ZooTV tour.

And now for an asbolutely SICKENING fact:

When U2 were in Lakeland rehearsing for the ZooTV tour, and subsequently kicking it off here, I was gone. That's right....GONE. I was off in California in the USMC. Oh the injustice of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about regret!! :banghead:

I live in Lakeland, the site of the kick off for the ZooTV tour.

And now for an asbolutely SICKENING fact:

When U2 were in Lakeland rehearsing for the ZooTV tour, and subsequently kicking it off here, I was gone. That's right....GONE. I was off in California in the USMC. Oh the injustice of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about regret!! :banghead:

I thought the sickening fact was going to be that you were still in Lakeland! :D

Fellow Lakelander here. . . although I didn't even know Lakeland existed until I received the VHS from the kickoff show back in 92 or so. So I moved here hoping they would rehearse at the Lakeland Center again and it never came to fruition. j/k.

I met my wife, a born and raised Lakeland native and she dragged me down here. We'll be at any Tampa shows on the coming tour (or whatever Stadiums they choose to play in the area)

Oct 9 -Raymond James Center, Tampa

Everyone,

Would any of you like free U2 tickets if they announce a Tampa show. Reason why I ask is that I'm a U2 fan and i don't know anyone who is other than a bud of mine. The people at my office could care less about U2. Hell I even let someone who claims to be a U2 fan borrow the cd and he didn't even care for it all. I never got to see them when they played stadiums back in the day and I'm going crazy for this tour.

I'm not trying to scam anyone or try something fishy. This may seem crazy but I would rather give someone a ticket that is a fan like myself. I've been a fan for a long time and would love to meet people who are true fans in the Tampa Bay area. No sleep at all because of Letterman this week, and can't stop listening to the new cd.

I will probably buy 6-10 tickets if they confirm a Tampa date. I'll let everyone know the exact count if they announce a date. Not asking for anything in return.

I'd totally take you up on the offer if I lived there haha. But I think this probably belongs in the tour forum.

Im In Orlando, would just love to hang out a go to a show with people as excited as I am and as crazy as I am about U2!

I hear that they may skip cities like Orlando, Jax & tampa & just do the Bgger cities like Miami, N.Y. Boston, Chicago, L.A., Detroit, etc....If they do play Tampa my friend Lorraine & I are in.

First time poster... But have been a longtime reader here at Interference - Your post caught my attention and I decided I need to cave!

*IF* they do wind up playing Tampa (of course the best guess would be to assume they play RJ) and you have tickets, I would definitely be in! I live a matter of minutes from the stadium, so naturally if they come I'll be there free ticket or paid ticket.

I live in Tampa - and love U2 enough that my wife gets jealous. Anyways - how did/do you plan on getting tickets?

thanks for the fantastic offer. I live in Miami and would live to take you up on this generous offer but I'll pay you for it anyway. PM me.

Rasta,

When you posted dates before it went official I thought it was a joke. With all the stunts people pulled from the last tour it was very hard to believe anything. Now that I saw a Tampa date on U2. com, I'm now in disbelief. I wanted to see them for Zootv but tickets went so fast. OHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDDD!!!!

Anyways,

In regards to the tickets, I'll let everyone know whats going on when I confirm that I have tickets in my hand. I have a U2 subscription, and will buy tickets pre hand. I don't want to say anything until I actually have tickets. Its not fair to say so other wise. I'll let everyone know what to do in due time. I CAN'T BVELIVE THEIR COMING TO RAY JAY!!!!:hyper::lol::applaud:

allstyle86 ..............They announced (1) date in Tampa at the Raymond James Stadium. How are you going to provide free tix for everyone? Even being a U2 subscriber u are limited to how many tixs/shows you can get.

Siblis,

I'll let people know. Believe me If I could provide tickets for everyone it would be a pleasure because I sense there a lot of real U2 fans on this board. I'm more than likely going to get 4-6 tickets, and I'll give them to the first people that contact me via email or phone. Like I posted above I don't want to start anything until I have tickets, and find out how many tickets subscribers are allowed to purchase. This is a good year. Hopefully getting the new 2010 Camaro, ordered yesterday. Plus I maybe flying to Texas to see them as well. Sister lives there and her husband is a big fan. All I can say is be patient. I don't want to commit to anything unless I have tickets.

That is extremely generous of you!

Since many Floridians responded to this thread, I just wanted to let you know I created a Facebook group to discuss the band, tour, tickets,
and meet-ups. Search: U2 Florida Fans

Also I started a Yahoo group last tour...it has been kind of quiet lately, but I
imagine things will pick up with the new album and tour:
SouthernFloridaU2Fans : Southern Florida U2 Fans

Hope to see you there!

danielle

I am definitely on my way to Tampa this fall. I really wish they were playing Miami...but hopefully that will be on the next leg where they return back the the States.

Oh just an FYI: I created a Facebook group to discuss the band, tour, tickets,
and meet-ups. Search: U2 Florida Fans

Also I started a Yahoo group last tour...it has been kind of quiet lately, but I
imagine things will pick up with the new album and tour:

Come join us!
danielle

Chickie

You have a good thing going with the Yahoo group. I'm glad that you posted the website on another thread. :wave::wave:Muchas Gracious!!!!

Tampa show

I will also be trying to get tickets for the Tampa show. I have a U2.com membership and have a presale number. I haven't seen them live either and have been begging people to go with me but no one I know is a fan. I was so desperate that I thought...I don't care I'll go it alone. But maybe if one of us manages to get tickets we can meet up. Good luck to you and I'll let you know if I get tickets.:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom