October 09 Raymond James Center, Tampa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally made it to Tampa after a fun fourteen hour coach journey from Atlanta. Here's what I learned today: there are short haul airlines in the US.

Line update! Roughly 200-300 in line. I got here at 5 am EST and I'm #83. here's hoping for a spot in front of Adam. Come find me if you wanna say hey! I haveoatmeal cookies :D. Lots of helicopter news coverage. Oh and for those who like college football, GO GATORS

Adrian

greetings from the GA line. There are now about 700-800 people in line. Got here yesterday at 4 pm and am number 4 in ine. A lot of U2 guatemala foks and a pretty chill crowd. It's going to be unbearable this afternoon...heat index is 105 degrees later today. Maybe Bono will finaly take off that jacket :droo:

Someone tweeted they started handing out 2400 wristbands. And only those people allowed in inner circle. Kinda strange bc some in line want catwalk rail. Sounds boiling down there. Hope they don't have medical stuff with people due to heat.

Just got home. Man, no joke, this was probably the best concert I have seen/will ever see. It was an amazing experience. 70,000 people showed up to break Raymond James Stadium's attendance record. More people were at this concert than when the field hosted the super bowl. I can tell you from looking around from time to time, that mostly everyone was up and dancing/singing along. When Bono announced that they broke the attendance record, I swear I saw tears in his eyes when he thanked all of us.

You could feel the energy at this show. It was incredible. So different than the Vertigo tour here four years ago. This blows the Vertigo tour out of the water. I was in the inner circle, Adam's side. The place was on fire, literally. Everyone, including Bono was drenched in sweat and you could just feel the atmosphere sizzle with every song. He actually took off his jacket. It was just a great night. I showed up around 1:30pm and dear Lord was it hot out. A girl in front of me in line passed out. Overall it was phenomenal.

Damn that was a brutal day! I will write a full report tomorrow but soundcheck included: elevation (w/o vocals), breathe intro to about verse, breathe some more, then vertigo intro.
Stuart is the most amazing person ever. Not only did he personally hand me a setlist but he soundchecked one of adam's basses while lplaying muse's uprising

sleep time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom