Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread VI - The Day Has Arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's crazy, lining up already! :lol: I love it!

Well, I'm finally off! Have to stop and get gas, then the friend, then we're off to the airport!!! :hyper: See you all tonight!

Ga line up on south side of stadium across the street. There's a list. Have to hang out a bit. But can leave and come back for 6am latest. The list is up to 16.
Numbers on hand and names on list

There needs to be an emoticon like this one :doh:

but with the thumb and pointer finger making an L... As in LOSER's....

Egad people you're in frickin' Vegas.... You going to spend the night out in the middle of nowhere... (Of course they won't they're U2 fans in a GA line most of them will go back to their hotel, sleep tight in their hotel beds, get there early in the morning, and expect and DEMAND to be in the front....) "But, we were here last night and have these sharpie numbers on our hands, and our name is on the 50 cent notebook, right there.... We ARE HARDCORE to the MAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When I come here to do Vegas, I'll do Vegas properly. I came here for a concert. If I want to spend time hanging out with a fun group of people, then that's what I'm going to do. I came here to take photos of the claw and came across the line.
The police won't let everyone stay overnight. Maybe 4 people will stay. If you're not here at line up at 6 am , you lose your spot.
I'm not a gambler-walking the strip surrounded by tourists not my thing.

To each his own. Spend your time how you want but don't criticize other peoples choices.

photo-4.jpg

I'll be there at (probably before) 6am, but I'm not going to put my name on the list tonight and then leave again, expecting that my place will be held. That seems pointless/unfair/unlikely to work.

When I come here to do Vegas, I'll do Vegas properly. I came here for a concert. If I want to spend time hanging out with a fun group of people, then that's what I'm going to do. I came here to take photos of the claw and came across the line.
The police won't let everyone stay overnight. Maybe 4 people will stay. If you're not here at line up at 6 am , you lose your spot.
I'm not a gambler-walking the strip surrounded by tourists not my thing.

To each his own. Spend your time how you want but don't criticize other peoples choices.

w0rd

i haven't even BEEN to vegas since 12/31/99-01/01/00.

people here at work are asking what i'm going to do and when i say "see a show" and then fly to LA, they look at me like i have 3 heads....as far as i'm concerned, vegas is just another city this weekend.

maybe next year i'll take another trip and see the sights...but i went enough during a 3-year period (97-99) to get burned out by it

-dan

I'll be there at (probably before) 6am, but I'm not going to put my name on the list tonight and then leave again, expecting that my place will be held. That seems pointless/unfair/unlikely to work.

Like I said in the LA thread it does seem a little unfair but it did work very nicely in Phx. That way, all but a few ppl got a decent night's sleep. It's stressful though.

In my room.
:)

Got here safely and got to see several people already;

Dakotalola
Sicy
Beegee
Cori
Rambling Rose

nice rooms, simple but nice.

Like I said in the LA thread it does seem a little unfair but it did work very nicely in Phx. That way, all but a few ppl got a decent night's sleep. It's stressful though.

I have mixed feelings about lines starting early but it's still getting here first thing day of. The people coming by today will all show at 6am tomorrow. The numbering just organizes the group showing up the earliest. You can't get a nuMber , go party, go shopping at show at 2 pm - you won't be allowed to cut in. That's unfair. Really the line at 6 am is it. After that there is no ' I have a number let me in'. As long as that is the case, then I'm going with what this group set up. They're pretty low key coupla guys.
I got to see the strip last night and going to have some drinks tonight too. If I came back to Vegas I'd rather head out of town to canyons and such to see natural stuff.

Traffic in Kingman sucks!!!! I hope I get to Vegas sometime this month!!!

Right after Victorville is bad for about 20 mins. But then it should be ok.

Btw, Ethan, Nicv and I had breakfast at iHop and had a great drive up here.
The weather is PERFECT. The Claw looks huge in that small stadium.

The way they are doing the GA is how it was done everywhere I went. The numbers will hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom