Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will you be attending the fan gathering on Thursday night?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anybody interested in drink deals, Blondie's Sports Bar has all you can drink well drinks and draft beers for their happy hour for $20 from 3-6 everyday. My friends and I will for sure try this out that weekend. Worth it for people that can handle their alcohol, probably not such a deal for lightweights.

I need to do laundry so I can get on the packing bandwagon like all my other Vegas peeps.

Packing? Oh yeah, I'm gonna have to bring stuff for this, huh? :hmm: I'm going to try to bring as little as possible. Dumb question - does anyone know if the hotel will have shampoo/conditioner? One less thing to bring, as I'm not picky, if they do.

I'm also considering bringing "disposable" clothing (clothes I don't really care about) since anything I bring has to accompany me in the line at the Rose Bowl. :lol:

I Will be in Vegas this time next week!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

and I LOVED all the new songs live in Tampa...which surprised me....cause I have not really been feeling it...but live...OMG...they were all just great!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I love the version of Ill go crazy they've been doing. No offense to bep fans but I hope it's just u2 doing it.
I'm meh on BEP too. Saw snow patrol open and liked them. Bep has some stuff I'll jump around to but most is 'eh'. Anyone what their fanbase is like at concerts? SP fans were cool. I heard some Muse fans were not liking u2 and weren't afraid to say so at the concert. Just wondering what bep fans were about.

I'm one of the few who is happy about BEP opening, however I was disappointed to be missing Muse. Now that I've read some of the reviews, I'm very glad to have BEP. Muse fans sound like a-holes, and I think BEP fans will appreciate U2 much more.

It's funny ... the general consensus seems to be that Muse fans don't like U2, while U2 fans love Muse and hate BEP. Can't we all get along?

I think BEP will be excellent as an opener, bringing lots of energy (at least for the floor crowd - don't know if they have the ability to get an entire stadium jumping). The Vegas crowd should be especially receptive to their music.

216.5 hours until the gates open!!!

I'm bringing Red Vines for Maryann & I (harkening back to our awesome DV/jt trip!). I was going to try to borrow an ice chest from a friend so we could have someplace to chill beer or soda or whatnot, hot pockets for breakfast. That's just what I was planning.

I'm not a big fan of Oreos. :reject:

Wait. You'll eat Hot Pockets, but not Oreos?????

wtf. :tsk:

Safe travels everyone !!
See you at the Nine Fine!!
Be kind- Please help pick me up if you see me fall down!! :drool:

The weather calls for sunshine and mid 80's all week !!:applaud:

I'm pretty sure I'm driving to LAS.. Just want to throw out an offer of picking up a few people and driving to the venue. I've seats to this one, so I'll be going around 630PM.

If anyone is interested, PM me. I have a pick-up, and can seat a few people. I'm unsure if I have to give some friends a ride.. they haven't got back to me yet, but at this point I have about four seats available.

With the Vegas concert a little over a week away, I need to figure out the transportation situation to/from Sam Boyd. I'm arriving in Vegas next Thursday and staying at the Hard Rock Hotel close to the Strip. Sharing the room with my friend Suzy from Chicago also flying in on Thursday. My original plan was to rent a car to get to Sam Boyd and back. We're in GA and plan on arriving at the stadium early Friday morning so we can get a good spot on the railing. My friend talked me out of renting a car and thinks we should have no problem taking a taxi instead. While taking a cab out to the stadium might not be an issue, I have a feeling finding one after the concert might be difficult as it was back in 1997 after the Vegas Pop Mart show. I don't want to end up stranded out there after the concert without a way back to the Strip. Am I better off renting a car for a day? Or I was thinking.. If someone out there is also staying near the Strip and already has plans to rent a car, Suzy and I would be more than happy to pitch in $$ to help pay for your car rental, if you have room for two more and also plan on getting to the stadium early Friday morning. Even if we were to get a cab after the concert, with all the traffic, the cab fare for the ride back would end up being quite expensive. I'd rather pitch in money to help a fellow U2 fan pay for their car rental (and any parking fees), rather than give it to a cab company. Please PM me or email phoenixcoyote@yahoo.com if you can accomodate two more U2 fans. Thanks!

Check your PM's.. a ride offer in the making :)

Might work out for a ride after the show. I'm not going early... just not an early bird.. but might get talked into going a little earlier. I don't have GA to this show.

For anybody interested in drink deals, Blondie's Sports Bar has all you can drink well drinks and draft beers for their happy hour for $20 from 3-6 everyday. My friends and I will for sure try this out that weekend. Worth it for people that can handle their alcohol, probably not such a deal for lightweights.

Is that in Planet Hollywood?

Check your PM's.. a ride offer in the making :)

Might work out for a ride after the show. I'm not going early... just not an early bird.. but might get talked into going a little earlier. I don't have GA to this show.

Thanks! Just responded to your PM. That takes care of the ride back, now just need to figure out getting there. If anyone is driving to the stadium from the Strip early in the morning Friday and has room for two more, please PM me.

Is that in Planet Hollywood?

Yeah, it's part of the Planet Hollywood Miracle Mile Shops. The same place has all you can drink beer pong from 10pm until closing time for 20 bucks as well but only on Thursday night.

Wait. You'll eat Hot Pockets, but not Oreos?????

wtf. :tsk:

MAJOR fail.

Ethan. :no:

What can I say -- I LOVE Hot Pockets! Turkey, cheddar broccoli, Pepperoni, Pizza Supreme :drool: YUM!

(And I'm a total chocolate-chip cookie kind of guy. Don't know why I never really got into Oreo's. I don't even really like Cookies 'n Cream ice cream and I LOOOOOVEEEE ice cream. This post should illustrate why I more similarly resemble Bono's figure rather than Larry's. :reject: )

I'm the one sleeping with her.......:pray::pray::pray::pray:

:reject: kidding, I know you smell good zooey :)

Ummmm, I cannot believe the lecherous, prurient boys are not ALL OVER this comment! Carlos? Mtnfox? Dan? Kram? Are you guys alive??????????

Ummmm, I cannot believe the lecherous, prurient boys are not ALL OVER this comment! Carlos? Mtnfox? Dan? Kram? Are you guys alive??????????

I'll step up to the plate! Um.... is she... uh. Is that how you.... uh....... [swing and a miss]

I'm still in shock over someone liking Hot Pockets.

Oh wait...

Is that two people that like "hot pockets?" Hey-O!!!

(there, how was that?)

Sorry. It's late.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom