Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be dancing like a mad woman to Crazy Tonight Remix anyway...so awesome live.

You know, I know stuff like this has been planned by handing out flyers and stuff as people walk into the stadium/venue before. I went to a concert where one of the members of the band I was seeing was having a birthday, so someone was handing out flyers to sing Happy Birthday before a certain song...everyone did it! If someone with seats would be willing to hand out flyers as people walk into the stadium, it's possible it could work. Lots of people will be buying shirts, etc...hence putting them in the air during flash mob, etc.

Just an idea.

This would be really cool to pull off. A flyer with simple instructions is ideal! People could even wave a white paper napkin if they didn't have a white cloth or towel. (People in the seats could grab those from the concession stands pre-show on their way in.)

Best cab ride ever was in college, me and my housemates and college friends, in San Francisco, drunk off our a**es, jam-packed stuffed into a cab, going from Chinatown to the Bill Graham Civic Center to see Oasis on the What's The Story? (Morning Glory) tour, singing 'Champagne Supernova' at the top of our lungs the entire way.

Lucky cab driver. :lol:

That's one of the best songs...I know I have sung that with all my friends, at the top of my lungs super drunk! LOL! I will always remember that night. I am convinced the drive to the event (no matter where or when) always ends up being the best moment of the night. Why is that? I love cab moments. Had a few too many of them myself! :applaud:

Best cab ride ever was in college, me and my housemates and college friends, in San Francisco, drunk off our a**es, jam-packed stuffed into a cab, going from Chinatown to the Bill Graham Civic Center to see Oasis on the What's The Story? (Morning Glory) tour, singing 'Champagne Supernova' at the top of our lungs the entire way.

Lucky cab driver. :lol:

I had tickets to that show!

I will be dancing like a mad woman to Crazy Tonight Remix anyway...so awesome live.

You know, I know stuff like this has been planned by handing out flyers and stuff as people walk into the stadium/venue before. I went to a concert where one of the members of the band I was seeing was having a birthday, so someone was handing out flyers to sing Happy Birthday before a certain song...everyone did it! If someone with seats would be willing to hand out flyers as people walk into the stadium, it's possible it could work. Lots of people will be buying shirts, etc...hence putting them in the air during flash mob, etc.

Just an idea.

This would be really cool to pull off. A flyer with simple instructions is ideal! People could even wave a white paper napkin if they didn't have a white cloth or towel. (People in the seats could grab those from the concession stands pre-show on their way in.)

these are both really great suggestions!!!! You guys have wicked ideas. I wonder how much it would cost to have those simple instructions printed up like 9 to a page? then print a bunch and hand them out.
We would need a crap load of volunteers....how could we get them out there? ideas? volunteers? who would be able to help?
hj

I am in seats and will be there so I can hand them out, but I can't bring them to Vegas with me we need someone in Vegas to have them made up and cut out. I will ask over at Zootopia. If we print just this part and the name of the song:

When Crazy starts hold up a white cloth and dance:
in 1, 2, 3, 4 -
both arms up (like an I) 1, 2,
both out to the side (like T) 3, 4,
both in a V 5, 6
then both arms to the left 7, 8,
both arms to the right 1, 2,
both arms left 3, 4,
both arms right 5, 6,
roll your hands clap your hands 7, 8....
then repeat back to both arms up 1, 2
....keep GOING!!!!!!!!

that just might work! :hmm:
hj:heart:

these are both really great suggestions!!!! You guys have wicked ideas. I wonder how much it would cost to have those simple instructions printed up like 9 to a page? then print a bunch and hand them out.
We would need a crap load of volunteers....how could we get them out there? ideas? volunteers? who would be able to help?
hj

I'm sure there are enough people with seats split between both Interference and Zootopia that might be willing. Also there's a Vegas Twitter and Facebook, right? Bulletins and messages would be the best bet.

When Crazy starts hold up a white cloth and dance:
in 1, 2, 3, 4 -
both arms up (like an I) 1, 2,
both out to the side (like T) 3, 4,
both in a V 5, 6
then both arms to the left 7, 8,
both arms to the right 1, 2,
both arms left 3, 4,
both arms right 5, 6,
roll your hands clap your hands 7, 8....
then repeat back to both arms up 1, 2
....keep GOING!!!!!!!!

I missed the start of this conversation, but that's an awful lot to try and choreograph.

Even if I were more coordinated with movements, that's a lot to remember. How many people are going to stand there and try to read/coordinate arm directions, and then try to remember them for the length of the song?

I'm all for trying to organize something fun, but unless your job is to learn and remember choreography at a moment's notice, I don't see this working.

Edit: I get it, it's a flash dance mob. Guess you'll have to recruit some people who are better dancers than me! :lol:

I missed the start of this conversation, but that's an awful lot to try and choreograph.

Even if I were more coordinated with movements, that's a lot to remember. How many people are going to stand there and try to read/coordinate arm directions, and then try to remember them for the length of the song?

I'm all for trying to organize something fun, but unless your job is to learn and remember choreography at a moment's notice, I don't see this working.

:)

I agree...it would be easier to get people to put something up or twirl something in the air than dance moves. Gotta remember that like the mask situation, a lot of people won't do it as well.

When you read it, it looks more complicated than it is. If someone did it once or twice to show others, they'd probably catch on faster that way. And then people would see the GA'ers doing it (hopefully) and want to be part of it, and pick up the moves. The directions would have to give a 'starting' point to be in sync.
Or, alternatively, people could just break out into the Chicken Dance :hyper::ohmy::reject:

just throwing a shorter (maybe easier) alternative out there:

1. Arms outstretched and raised
2. Left hand on left shoulder & right hand on right shoulder
3. Arms extended to the right
4. Hands held together above head

-dan

Yeah, just my luck we'd end up in the front row, and Bono would look down and see me dancing and be all horrified.

"Gee, I was going to bring that girl up on stage, but HOLY JESUS CHRIST AT THE DANCING!!!!!"

:lmao: That would be hilarious!

I can dance, but it takes me a while to pick up choreography. I'm all for dancing, but think you'd get much more participation with something a little simpler. :)

Knowing U2.com, I would expect more errors:

"US Fans attempt Macarena flash mob dance to Beautiful Day in honor of Las Vegas show. Sunday Bloody Sunday not played."

Sweet Fancy Moses! :lol:

I have great rhythm, at least. I just can't do "steps." I suck at choreography and can't even do the Electric Slide. :reject: (I do okay until the turn - I can't do turns.)

My friend and I used to do the Chicken Dance in the middle of the dancefloor when everyone else would be doing The Actual Macarena.

People would usually get really mad about it. It was very strange. Like we were just RUINING EVERYTHING!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom