Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how much parking is at Sam Boyd?

I just booked a rental van for our party to avoid taxi confusion that happened during the Popmart. And Limos were around $250 roundtrip for our group. I'll rather look like a dork in a minivan with cash in my pockets. :wave:

I thought, although I could be wrong, that the Vegas tickets included parking. This is one reason the Vegas ticket service charge was so much.

^Do you have GA? I forgot. Do you recall how much a GA was w/fees roughly???

I'm purchasing mine at face w/fees from someone once I get there, so I guess I should have an idea of how much I'm paying :wink:

capacity at 9 Fine is 2000 people

That's for special events.

I just spoke to someone at Nine Fine Irishmen and the total capacity for the restaurant and pub is actually 390. I'm not sure what the group from u2.com has already arranged but when I asked how they would accomodate a group of 100-150 people they said a special events coordinator would have to be contacted.

I guess if smaller, individual groups show up at different times they would be let in that way, but that place is gonna fill up fast.

Is the only way to the stadium by driving? Never been so wasn't sure of options

Depends on where you're staying... Sienna Suites is walking distance. The strip and pretty much every other hotel in Vegas is not. Driving is probably a better choice than cab or shuttle I would think. Anybody know if there's good bus service to the stadium?

My flight from Vegas to LA leaves at 7:45am on Saturday. :crack:

simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

not that anyone's counting down or anything, but the show's 4 weeks from today.

-dan

ok, I know I'm coming to this party late :doh: but it looks like I'm going to Vegas for the show! I think I'm a little nuts, but after seeing them in Boston for two shows-the second night GA-I couldn't resist looking into doing the Vegas show! A VERY nice couple on here decided to use their seats instead of their GA tickets, so I'm buying them at face value +fees and I'm so happy!
So, is Sienna Suites THE place to be? I want to avoid getting a rental car. Last couple of times I've rented cars, all the fees and taxes were more than the daily rate and it's outrageous. so if SS is within walking distance, (how far, byt he way?) I'd rather do that.
I'm coming in for the show basically, and would like to meet up at the gathering the night prior (I've been reading past threads, and you guys have been cracking me up :D.)
I figure I can always go back and see "glitzy" Vegas some other time. I'm not really a gambler but figured I'd see some of "Shiny" Vegas if I head to the 10/22 gathering which is on the strip, I assume?
I have to look at flights, but I'm thinking of flying in Thursday mid-day, back out Saturday. I live in Rhode Island-anyone else going from here?

Looks like SS still has availability.
another question-Is the back of the stage facing the open part of the stadium, near that big billboard? Will GA be entering from that side? If so, this will be the fastest filling inner circle on the tour if people don;t have to haul it across the whole field

ok, I know I'm coming to this party late :doh: but it looks like I'm going to Vegas for the show! I think I'm a little nuts, but after seeing them in Boston for two shows-the second night GA-I couldn't resist looking into doing the Vegas show! A VERY nice couple on here decided to use their seats instead of their GA tickets, so I'm buying them at face value +fees and I'm so happy!
So, is Sienna Suites THE place to be? I want to avoid getting a rental car. Last couple of times I've rented cars, all the fees and taxes were more than the daily rate and it's outrageous. so if SS is within walking distance, (how far, byt he way?) I'd rather do that.
I'm coming in for the show basically, and would like to meet up at the gathering the night prior (I've been reading past threads, and you guys have been cracking me up :D.)
I figure I can always go back and see "glitzy" Vegas some other time. I'm not really a gambler but figured I'd see some of "Shiny" Vegas if I head to the 10/22 gathering which is on the strip, I assume?
I have to look at flights, but I'm thinking of flying in Thursday mid-day, back out Saturday. I live in Rhode Island-anyone else going from here?

Looks like SS still has availability.
another question-Is the back of the stage facing the open part of the stadium, near that big billboard? Will GA be entering from that side? If so, this will be the fastest filling inner circle on the tour if people don;t have to haul it across the whole field

Dang, it's early, and I can't possibly address everything above :wink: , but I will say I'm glad you are joining the Vegas party!

:cabbagepatch:

Anyways, a lot of people are staying at the Siena Suites because it is walking distance to/fro the stadium. Some are staying on and off the strip. So if you are trying to avoid a car, the Siena may be better for you.

There are a few gatherings setup on Thursday night at NYNY Nine something something Irishmen (details on first page of thread :wink:) at 5 and 8 or possibly all night :drunk: Hope you can join us!

I'm sorry, I don't know much about GA entrances at this stadium, but keep coming back in here to check up on things. Hopefully I helped just a teensy tinsy bit :reject:

:hyper: 27 days :hyper:

I am going to call a bit later, to see if I can get any other info that we can use. I got the event coordinator's name.

seatmap-sbs-2009-u2.jpg

Anybody looking to rent car I used Dollar. They have locations at many of the hotels on the strip. And if you use the code "MEVIO" you get 10% off.

Again this is a cheap transportation option for those on the strip. At the Popmart (Friday night show) it took over 2 hours to get back to the strip because no taxis were picking people up at Sam Boyd. Finally buses arrived to return those left stranded. Was not fun. And I'm not sure if taxis will be picking people up for this show.

If this is where the stage will be, and the GA is let onto the field from the area where the "legend" is listed, then it's going to be a very short dash.
The inner circle has two openings-one on each side-but towards the back of the center main stage. In Boston, the stage was at the other end and people first had to run to the 50 yard line, then around the catwalk, past the Red Zone areas, then into the circle from the back.
If the GA line entry is already behind the stage area, then the inner circle will be the first option you come across. You'll be going around the catwalk to the front if you want outer rail-The catwalk comes pretty close to the front outer rail right in the middle at the height of the curve. The rail in front is straight across-it doesn;t follow the curve of the catwalk, as the "claw legs" have to be inside the restricted area.
So, people got right in the center of the outer rail-I was to the left and was maybe 6 feet from the catwalk
Loads of people went for the inner circle back rail to have the best of both worlds.
If you do outer rail or inner circle, know that you can't see the top of the structure or get the full view of the "whole show". Just an FYI when you're figuring out where to stand.
All that said, I'm short and don't run extremely fast, so I'll be looking for some short folks to stand behind if I'm not lucky enough for front row! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom