Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where are you staying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
LasVegas.jpg

74 more days :hyper:

I think it was the night that Joshua Tree was to play at McMullan's...?

I never ever saw JT that weekend, maybe you did?

After the show we went to The Hardrock. Redkat was there, and Beth, Rick and Char, Jeff, DMP, etc.

A fairly large group of us ate and drank there before a Vertigo show and it worked out nicely. We sat outside. I think we waited a while to get seated out there but we managed to entertain ourselves at the bar while we waited.

FYI, this currently is scheduled not really to interfere with the week of the U2 gig, but Cal Trans always falls behind so be prepared if you're driving the 15:

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Transportation officials say rock blasting will force closures twice a week for the next 10 weeks on a stretch of Interstate 15 near the California-Nevada state line.

Caltrans says travel lanes will be closed at 10 a.m. for up to 90 minutes every Tuesday and Thursday morning between Bailey and Nipton roads near Wheaton Springs, Calif.

Motorists heading to Las Vegas are being encouraged to wait in Baker.

Drivers traveling to California are being advised to wait in the state line town of Primm.

The $91 million project is to widen about 12 miles of I-15 in the area through Mountain Pass.

The current schedule of blasting is expected to be completed by the end of October. The entire project should be finished in fall 2010.

Actually they are in the last thread.

This is a new thread, so everyone needs to vote again. lol :crack:

Ok. I'm thinking of selling my C'ville ticket and doing Vegas instead. What is a good hotel to stay at that isn't too expensive. I could also stay for free since I just found out my parents are going to be in Vegas that weekend too

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

I will undergo any delays to encourage any widening of any part of the 15 anywhere.

:yes:

:wave: hi all!! About two more months !
I'll be there next month too for a non-bachelorette party (girls weekend...leaving the fellas at home)

I don't think I've been to vegas twice within a month before. Last time I was there was to see Madonna last year :lol:

Ok. I'm thinking of selling my C'ville ticket and doing Vegas instead. What is a good hotel to stay at that isn't too expensive. I could also stay for free since I just found out my parents are going to be in Vegas that weekend too

A lot of people are staying at Sienna Suites. Its relatively close to the stadium and not too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom