Oct 23- What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEVERLY56

Refugee
Not sure if this is a confirmed date yet, but if it is, I"M THERE. I have never been to Vegas and my husband will have plenty to do while I'm in GA line and at the show. Airfare from Cleveland is quite reasonable ($180-ish round trip). Post here if you plan to be at the Las Vegas show on October 23!

Do you think there's any chance the date of the show will change? I also want to book a room as soon as possible. It would be nice if U2.com would hurry and announce the rest of the tour dates.

I have no idea where the good places to stay are. Where is the venue - anywhere near the strip? Is it a college stadium? Can I get there if we don't rent a car? Someone local will show up here sooner or later and post everything we need to know.

I have no idea where the good places to stay are. Where is the venue - anywhere near the strip? Is it a college stadium? Can I get there if we don't rent a car? Someone local will show up here sooner or later and post everything we need to know.

http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/unlv-m-footbl-boyd.html
Directions to Sam Boyd Stadium

Located on Russell Road in Henderson, Nev. (15 minutes East of Las Vegas)

# From Las Vegas Airport to Sam Boyd Stadium, head North out of airport on Swenson Avenue approximately a half-mile. Take a right on to Tropicana Avenue (heading East) and proceed 4-5 miles. Take a right on to the Boulder Highway then a left on to Russell Road. Russell Road leads directly into Sam Boyd Stadium.
# From I-15 South, exit East on Tropicana Avenue, take Tropicana past Boulder Highway and Sam Boyd Stadium will be on left.
# From I-95 South, exit on to Russell Road, head East and drive directly into Sam Boyd Stadium.
# From The Las Vegas Strip, head East on Tropicana Avenue (appox. six miles), which leads to Sam Boyd Stadium.

Last edited:
We took a cab to Sam Boyd Stadium from the Hard Rock for Popmart and then hung around with the rest of the stranded after the show until some buses showed up.
I have no idea how the parking is there, but I imagine sharing a cab might be a good idea to get there. Then, just see what happens after the show.

I'm going to try to get tickets for the Vegas show, but I'm not totally certain if I can make it or not. I've seen Popmart, Elevation and both Vertigo shows in Las Vegas, so it would be nice to keep the streak alive.

I wouldn't worry too much about making hotel reservations too soon. If you do, keep checking all summer and fall until the show, because it is easy to find that rooms get cheaper. Just don't lock yourself in with a prepaid/penalty-for-refund reservation site. Often with Vegas, your best price is directly from the hotel's web site. And, almost all hotels have a full refund policy on your deposit up until 1-3 days before you arrive.
But, grab cheap airfare as soon as you can. I hate to think how much I've overspent through the years because I didn't jump on a great airfare when I saw it.

Mark

I wouldn't necessarily trust locals on hotel info. You need hardcore Vegas visitors for that.
Traffic info though, hell yes. There was a total clusterf*** for traffic the first night of Vertigo Vegas. We got on the phone with our local friends, and they helped talk us out of the traffic jam around the Strip.

Mark

Do you think there's any chance the date of the show will change? I also want to book a room as soon as possible. It would be nice if U2.com would hurry and announce the rest of the tour dates.

Yes I would advise waiting to book anything until the date is announced.

^ Exactly.

My idea was to get a large suite.
I am sure that several of us (regulars) will get together and if we can get one or two suites that can be side by side, we can have a great get-together party after the show.
Also, this will be good for everyone's pocket. If we could have several people in each suite, we would just divide the expenses.
Think about it; wine, beer, lemondrops, chips, nachos, cheeto's, etc etc etc.
lol
I can't wait.

I'm in! :hyper:

First time coming to Vegas so I plan on spending a couple of nights... hopefully.
(Must... find... babysitter...) :hmm:

Stationed here at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson so will be going to the Phoenix show as well... should make for a good week of music and traveling.

My idea was to get a large suite.

Hugh Hefner Sky Villa @ The Palms, maybe?

hefsuite.jpg

:wink:

I'm seriously contemplating Las Vegas if it's confirmed. I already checked hotels near the stadium, there are some good-priced ones about 2 miles out and near the airport. These help if you want to be closer to the stadium but not actually on the strip.

Personally I've been to Vegas a couple times already so I'm good. Although I can't help looking at the food choices. :love:

My birthday is on 22nd :D

U2 + Vegas = ideal birthday pressie!! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom