Oct 23- What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of a 2nd Vegas show? It would mean 90,000 tickets for a small market, but Vegas is unique in that a lot of people come from California for these shows, especially if there were no other California shows aside from Pasadena. Plus, there were 2 Vertigo shows in Vegas in 2005. And, Sam Boyd only seats about 60% of the average stadium capacity.

Those of you thinking that they'll need to truck the stage to L.A. forget that they usually have 2 stages. The Vegas stage will likely get trucked to British Columbia.

I'm thinking that the odds are still about 35-65.

I'm the kind of fan that no longer needs to see 2 shows, so I would be risking it to bypass the first show in the hopes that they'll add a second.

??? :hmm:

My money is on NO 2nd Vegas show. I don't think the 2 Vertigo shows there completely sold out (a friend couldn't give away his ticket), and MGM Garden is tiny in the arena world.

Plus, the dates originally listed are holding up, so I don't think they could fit a second into the tour.

Again, ALL ASSUMING THEY EVER ANNOUNCE A FIRST SHOW!!!:waiting:

Mark

My money is on NO 2nd Vegas show. I don't think the 2 Vertigo shows there completely sold out (a friend couldn't give away his ticket), and MGM Garden is tiny in the arena world.

Plus, the dates originally listed are holding up, so I don't think they could fit a second into the tour.

Again, ALL ASSUMING THEY EVER ANNOUNCE A FIRST SHOW!!!:waiting:

Mark

Agreed. I'm going to try to not freak out about a 2nd show -- I'm too busy freaking out about whether there will even be a first. Fingers crossed!!!!!

As it stands, the dates announced for the Vegas show were Oct 23rd, the LA show is on the 25th. If they had an additional Vegas show, it would have to be on the 22nd.
Don't think so.

well i hope thats the case then. maybe they wont go onsale till next week. im not a fan of how abrupt the announcements have been going!

Vegas advice and some info...

Hi everybody-new to posting here, but been "lurking" for a while now. ;-)
So, the website for Sam Boyd Stadium does list U2 on 10/23 so hopefully that means it's for sure!!

Now, I am in a bit of a quandary...I've got my presale Horizon code for u2.com and I want to go to LA and Vegas. I was also blessed with a game show winning :)hyper:) which is enabling me to splurge on some good seats/Red Zone tix for one of these shows. I know that the Rose Bowl is GINORMOUS, so do you think it would be better to go for Red Zone tix in LA and then GA presale tix in Vegas?

Also, anyone know how early you can line up at either of these places? I've done GA 4 times at arenas now but I've never gotten there earlier then noon. I really, really want to try and be up close for this one though since it's a stadium and I'm short. :-( (platform boots perhaps?)

Thanks fellow U2 fans! I am FREAKING out now that I know the presale is tomorrow...I am so nervous...:ohmy:

OH phoo...now I can't find the info. Perhaps this is why I never post...I'm lame. Sorry everyone! :doh:
Pardon my newbie mistake!!

However, still have the question about GA for LV or LA! Any ideas? Anybody been to Sam Boyd before?

if i was going to buy seats, id buy them for vegas since its smaller..cheap seats there would probably closer than mediocre seats at the rose bowl

Now, I am in a bit of a quandary...I've got my presale Horizon code for u2.com and I want to go to LA and Vegas. I was also blessed with a game show winning :)hyper:) which is enabling me to splurge on some good seats/Red Zone tix for one of these shows. I know that the Rose Bowl is GINORMOUS, so do you think it would be better to go for Red Zone tix in LA and then GA presale tix in Vegas?

Also, anyone know how early you can line up at either of these places? I've done GA 4 times at arenas now but I've never gotten there earlier then noon. I really, really want to try and be up close for this one though since it's a stadium and I'm short. :-( (platform boots perhaps?)

Thanks fellow U2 fans! I am FREAKING out now that I know the presale is tomorrow...I am so nervous...:ohmy:

I think the obvious thing would be to use your red zone tickets for LA since it is in fact, ginormous.

No idea on the rules of each specific venue as far as how early you can line up. I think you can call the venue and ask though (someone else did this for Chicago I read in another thread).

i know its cold that time of the year there... well...cold for us californians. ;) unless i have a bad cold id love to camp out

The GAers were brave for the Portland show last tour....they lined up in freezing rain starting the day before the show and were there all night. When I showed up (we had seats to that show) to visit with some people in the GA line up before they went inside, the ground was littered with the plastic pouches those disposable hand warmer thingies come in. People had sheets of plastic taped over their clothes, umbrellas, plastic tarps in makeshift tents & huddled together to keep warm and attempt to stay away from the elements. The day or 2 before the show there was a nasty Ice Storm in the Portland area. It was so bad we couldn't get out of my sister's garage and down the hill to go to a pre-show Interference gathering downtown! It was cold there that's for sure. But those people in GA were die-hard. That was the show when many of us had printed signs we passed out that said THANK YOU and we held them up for the band....Bono was speechless when it happened, it was so cool. That was a very memorable show for me.

To many fans, weather doesn't bother them. Rain, shine, snow, sleet, sunshine, sand, heat, wind....proves that sometimes nothing keeps a true fan from their U2!!:heart:

The GAers were brave for the Portland show last tour....they lined up in freezing rain starting the day before the show and were there all night. When I showed up (we had seats to that show) to visit with some people in the GA line up before they went inside, the ground was littered with the plastic pouches those disposable hand warmer thingies come in. People had sheets of plastic taped over their clothes, umbrellas, plastic tarps in makeshift tents & huddled together to keep warm and attempt to stay away from the elements. The day or 2 before the show there was a nasty Ice Storm in the Portland area. It was so bad we couldn't get out of my sister's garage and down the hill to go to a pre-show Interference gathering downtown! It was cold there that's for sure. But those people in GA were die-hard. That was the show when many of us had printed signs we passed out that said THANK YOU and we held them up for the band....Bono was speechless when it happened, it was so cool. That was a very memorable show for me.

To many fans, weather doesn't bother them. Rain, shine, snow, sleet, sunshine, sand, heat, wind....proves that sometimes nothing keeps a true fan from their U2!!:heart:

I was 7th in line. I didn't leave because of the weather, but was then sick to my stomach during the show. Passed out on the front rail halfway in.

so... If the weather is absolutely horrible, I don't recommend it

The GAers were brave for the Portland show last tour....they lined up in freezing rain starting the day before the show and were there all night.

I showed up in the Portland line at about 7 in the morning .... and lasted about 20 minutes before saying "screw this" and leaving.

Sorry, U2. I love you, but even you're not worth sitting in the freezing rain all day.

I watched from the back of the floor and had a good time back there.

Vegas dates and pre sales haven't been announced yet. I know, I freaked out when I heard pre sale for LA happening tomorrow. They're obviously still in negotiations about the Vegas dates. I'm sure we will hear something soon.

So, is anyone pondering the same quandry I am - buy LA tickets tomorrow in pre-sale (not the show I really want to go to), or just take the risk that Vegas is actually going to happen (the show I really want to go to)? It is bumming me out that we don't know that Vegas is for sure on the day the pre-sale starts for LA. I am going to be one seriously bummed out fan if I don't use my pre-sale code for LA and then we find out there is no Vegas show!:madwife:

So, is anyone pondering the same quandry I am - buy LA tickets tomorrow in pre-sale (not the show I really want to go to), or just take the risk that Vegas is actually going to happen (the show I really want to go to)? It is bumming me out that we don't know that Vegas is for sure on the day the pre-sale starts for LA. I am going to be one seriously bummed out fan if I don't use my pre-sale code for LA and then we find out there is no Vegas show!:madwife:

You are SO not alone.

You are SO not alone.

Thanks Sicy - let's hope we both aren't :madwife: when all of the dates are announced:lol:! Soo, have you decided what you are going to do? I guess I am just going to risk it, since it does seem like Vegas is going to happen on that date (I just don't get why they haven't announced it yet!) Why can't they just put us out of our misery and let us know for sure!

I don't really want to go to LA. I'm holding out for ghost Vegas. :sigh:

I will probably flip out though if there is no Vegas. I have an unused presale code that is just collecting dust. :angry:

I don't really want to go to LA. I'm holding out for ghost Vegas. :sigh:

I will probably flip out though if there is no Vegas. I have an unused presale code that is just collecting dust. :angry:

Well -- tomorrow (today) is another day, right?!? Still holding out for some sort of Vegas announcement in the next few days. I don't really want to go to LA either.

I am still hoping for a Phoenix/Vegas/LA extravaganza week in October. I'll be seriously disappointed if this turns out to be bogus. Would they announce dates inbetween? I mean, what are they doing between Oct 9th and the 25th, eh???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom