Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not necessarily. in comparison to more affluent cities (SF, Chicago, Boston, NYC, etc), then i'd say that we're less cultural. There is plenty of Hispanic, Native American, and cowboy culture out here. I think the Phoenix area is an excellent place to live. no natural disasters, close to LA, beaches of Mexico, Vegas, San Diego, skiing in Flagstaff. We have it all here in Arizona. sand dunes are only a few hours, skiiing is only a few hours. Mountains with pine trees, desert with huge cactuses, boulders in southeastern Arizona. Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, Lowell Observatory.... there's much more to Arizona than what people imagine.

Lots to do here. stop and stay awhile. Oh, U of P stadium is quite nice. I get to experience it at least 8 sundays a year! Go Cards!

not necessarily. in comparison to more affluent cities (SF, Chicago, Boston, NYC, etc), then i'd say that we're less cultural. There is plenty of Hispanic, Native American, and cowboy culture out here. I think the Phoenix area is an excellent place to live. no natural disasters, close to LA, beaches of Mexico, Vegas, San Diego, skiing in Flagstaff. We have it all here in Arizona. sand dunes are only a few hours, skiiing is only a few hours. Mountains with pine trees, desert with huge cactuses, boulders in southeastern Arizona. Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, Lowell Observatory.... there's much more to Arizona than what people imagine.

Lots to do here. stop and stay awhile. Oh, U of P stadium is quite nice. I get to experience it at least 8 sundays a year! Go Cards!

I'm not from AZ, but these are all the reasons I'm excited about going there.

^ 'cept my house :wink:

I thought your first sentence was in response to my comment. I was like :eyebrow: How do you know about my house? :lol:

tucson > phoenix

but i must say i screamed so loud when fitzgerald split pittsburgh's secondary and ran down the middle of the field. i have watched the end of that game a few times hoping they would have sacked ben and stopped them from scoring, but it hasn't happened yet.

-dan

AZ is pretty lucky as far as natural disasters go...All in all it's not a bad place to live if you don't mind living in an oven for four months out of the year...This last Halloween it was 90 degrees in Tucson...Hopefully the temp will be decent by Oct. 20 in Glendale....

anyone have a room at the Hampton hotel by the stadium?
I just booked my room there. I'll be staying there on the 19th and going home after the show. I don't want to drive thru heavy morning traffic to get there on the 20th. I'll be in the GA line with a friend early. A post from April said they were booked at the Hampton Inn. I just made my res today. I'll be checking back here for get togethers. Boy is it ever going to be hot in that GA line!!
:yikes:

Are you sleeping in the parking lot / camping out? Anyone know the protocol for this stadium about camping? I might consider it... And yeah, I'll be driving back that night too, for one day of work, before leaving for Vegas :hyper:

I'm thinking about going, I'm just trying to get the money to go, for a room, possiably a flight if I dont have my license by then, but I want to be able to meet up with some people don't want to be alone it will be my first time traveling alone etc, if I get to go. I'm from CO. I may have to go with a stand set instead of GA, either way I'll be happy just to go to the show even if it means being far from the stage as longer as I can hear and see a little bet I'll be good. Been waiting to see them for a very very long time

Not really. Ugly, barren hellhole that consists of mesquite trees, tumbleweeds, and a landscape of brown, baked death. 29 years in this dump of a state doesn't lie! :lol:

Anyhow...I am SO bummed that I may not make it to the PHX show! I am probably going to be moving to Texas soon. I hope I'll be able to trade or I'll cry! :sad:

At least I still have Vegas!

I'm thinking about going, I'm just trying to get the money to go, for a room, possiably a flight if I dont have my license by then, but I want to be able to meet up with some people don't want to be alone it will be my first time traveling alone etc, if I get to go. I'm from CO. I may have to go with a stand set instead of GA, either way I'll be happy just to go to the show even if it means being far from the stage as longer as I can hear and see a little bet I'll be good. Been waiting to see them for a very very long time

Hey, I've got a spare ticket for the cheap seats which you can have if you want. I'm sharing a hotel room with two other guys I met on here so I'm sure you could hook up with other fans to share the cost of somewhere to stay.

You'll never be alone at a U2 concert!

I would love any ticket for any where :) I Just want to make sure I have the money first :) Otherwise I would take that ticket right now.

If I can possibly share with someone to stay somewhere that would be great I just need for the night before and the night of the show,I'm planing on leaving the next day after the show if I can in less things change, but I'm welling to help:)

Another thing that stumps me is finding a ride since I don't drive ( at the moment) in less some mirclue happens and I get my license

I was talking to my Dad about this and he goes, "I don't mind you going at all, my concern is you going alone, and staying alone, I wouldn't want something to happen to my baby girl". I'm 21 but a Daddy is gonna be a Daddy.

I think I shocked him when I decided to part with some stuff and try to sale in hopes people buy it so I can go. It's because so much has happened and been taken from me I just need something to put a smile on my face and bring my spirits back, and why not a U2 show? After all their music is pulling me through right now.

booked mine and my friends' rooms for the night before @ Hampton Inn. We'll have to drive back that night as I'm trying to miss as few days of work as possible.

So I got enough money for at lest a cheap ticket, just have to sale some more stuff now for a hotal room ( inless I find someone to split the cost with) and air ticket. Still stuck on how to get from the airport etc.

Anyone know how realiable Stub hub is to get tickets from? I know I have bought from ticketmaster but never from anywhere else

I've bought tix from stub hub a few times and never had a problem. There's a 24 hour 1-800 number on the tickets, if you get to the gate and there's a problem you can call stub hub right then and there.

Ok i'll check that out.

I just got enough money today to go! I have enough for a cheap flight, a ticket for the show, now trying to find a cheap hotal that is what is biting me. But Man! I'm still excited!:D (if this works out as planed)

Is there anyone the can help me with a cheap hotel that is close to the stadium or even split prices? I'm planning on flying in the 19th and leaving the 21st but if I have to leave later or come earlier to share with anyone I would be happy to do so :)

Well I had auditions for american idol that took alot of money from me but today I got money from school they owed me so I'm good now.

I just ordered GA tickets for the show from tickets now for me and a friend, now to book flights and a hotel!:hyper: I'm thinking about buying plane tickets from southwest too

I hope these are real tickets:yikes::pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom