November 25th and 26th 2010 - Mt. Smart Stadium - Auckland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I think it'd be nice to be surprised. On the rare occasion when something has happened that has been missed by all the spoiler whores (like when U2 did a secretive soundcheck in Coimbra and played Boy Falls From The Sky), it's quite fun.

The setlist parties go a bit doolally when there's a surprise. Many U2 fans (especially those not in attendance) judge a concert's quality by the surprise songs i.e. Helsinki 2 was better than Helsinki 1, Brussels 2 better than Brussels 1 etc ...

There's also the point that sometimes rehearsals and soundchecks are the only way to hear some songs.

Excellent point, I hadn't considered that. In fact, I didn't know they'd rehearsed many of those songs, acoustic Mysterious Ways ...?!

And the way U2 fans blab, it's hard to avoid spoilers even if you try.

Actually I dropped some major clangers in Seville to someone who had avoided setlist news for the whole leg to that point, and I hung my head in hypocritical shame after. And I just realised that I listed a load of songs in a post earlier today which someone avoiding setlists might not have known were played ... Sorry ... Do as I say not as I do ...

I don't understand the "I prefer to be surprised" arguement. If you are attending the first show, fine, but I mean, you're going to find out at some stage, so the surprise is when you find out, whether you read about rehearsals or not. I was definately surprised yesterday when I heard about Scarlet

I don't understand the "I prefer to be surprised" arguement. If you are attending the first show, fine, but I mean, you're going to find out at some stage, so the surprise is when you find out, whether you read about rehearsals or not. I was definately surprised yesterday when I heard about Scarlet
yeah, i mean to each his own but it doesn't bother me. no matter what i'm surprised when i find out, whether it's on here or hearing it live. i don't go out of my way to find out spoilers otherwise but it's always neat to know what they rehearse, even if it turns out to be something that's never played for an actual concert. i don't liken it to sneaking a peek at a present or something, but again that's just me.

The setlist parties go a bit doolally when there's a surprise. Many U2 fans (especially those not in attendance) judge a concert's quality by the surprise songs i.e. Helsinki 2 was better than Helsinki 1, Brussels 2 better than Brussels 1 etc ...

You're trying to apply logic to setlist parties and U2 fans? Yeah, good luck with that.

Achtung Aucklanders. Bit of help please Cathal has texted me about a interference gathering he is trying to find in Auckland. He is in a pub called 'The Muddy Farmer' but it seems u2 fanless. Can anyone point him in the right direction? He says he will buy everyone a drink when he gets there!

Oh, how I wish I was there. Enjoy the show, everyone.

BTW--terrible news about the miners. I hope there is a moment of silence or a dedication for them tonight. So sad.

Achtung Aucklanders. Bit of help please Cathal has texted me about a interference gathering he is trying to find in Auckland. He is in a pub called 'The Muddy Farmer' but it seems u2 fanless. Can anyone point him in the right direction? He says he will buy everyone a drink when he gets there!

*hops plane to NZ*

Yes it is a sad day here in New Zealand. One of the miners was only 17 years old and it was his first day on the job. On the first day of rehearsals Bono mentioned something about our thoughts go out to the miners and there families - at that stage we didn't know if they were alive or not.

On a positive note... today is the day of the concert.:hyper:

The pub is defintely where fans from the local forum U2fanz.com were meeting but I do know that some of them weren't wearing U2 t-shirts so maybe Cathal thought there were no U2 fans there but there was (they were in disguise). When I dropped someone off there at 11.30pm after rehearsals they were still there.

There will defintely be more fans there tonight after the concert.

cathalmc said:
Don't understand or don't agree?

Ah, it's don't understand. Nice one.

you didn't understand him, he said he didn't understand the need personally to wait for the concert to be surprised.

had good fun outside the stadium last night, got another wave from the edge on his golf cart.

Have a great time everyone! If I'm up at midnight and the show starts, I may try & stay up for a bit.

<<<checks cabinet for coffee :crack:

you didn't understand him, he said he didn't understand the need personally to wait for the concert to be surprised.

Well he didn't need to reveal anything that was rehearsed, especially such an obscure song. He either misunderstood my own personal preference to avoid rehearsal news, or he intentionally dropped that little revelation.

Anyway, it's time to hit the stadium! Any or all surprises will be revealed in a few hours time!

If you see a lanky, skinny, pasty, unshaven ginger eejit with this logo on his T-shirt then come over to say hello!

<----

I hope I'm really not so grumpy or condescending in person ;)

151069_180602278619963_153812504632274_693590_7859334_n.jpg

Live Nation Australia & New Zealand's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook

have a great time :hug: :wave:

2pm Thursday in Auckland
6pm Wednesday in Tucson

Heading to the stadium :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom