November 25th and 26th 2010 - Mt. Smart Stadium - Auckland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You kiwi's and your gross pineapple/marshmallow tasting crap. Go eat a chocolate fish!!! And stop stealing OUR Tim Tams!

Ok, im just kidding, I read that back and MAN was I overly aggressive for a reply that was meant to be good natured! I must really be possessive of my food!

Speaking of foods we can't get: USA Foods direct in Melbourne have an online special - 2 x 24 can slabs of Dr Pepper for 60 bucks delivered. Better than spending 3.50 a can in the Lollyshops. You can also get other countries foods, like Pineapple Lumps... I'll pass.

And isn;t a Morro bar just like a Mars bar but less dense?

yeah, from what i can tell moro's a lot like a mars bar, though i prefer mars bars. i am eating a moro gold right now though :hmm:

and barf, i hate dr pepper. though it's so awesome that you can even get that kind of stuff there at all. when i was in sydney i saw someone selling pop-tarts but they were cash only. :depressed: thank god my mom will send me care packages, i couldn't live without my pop-tarts!

oh and what hotel is everyone staying at? just curious, not going to stalk anyone or anything. :reject:

The techs were soundchecking a lot of songs today Let's see which get played. I'll put the spoiler tags in case there is someone who doesn't want to read this.

New Year's Day, Boy Falls from the Sky, One Tree Hill, Return of the Stingray Guitar, Bad, Beautiful Day,Mysterious Ways, Unknown Caller, Miss Sarajevo, With or Without You, Unforgettable Fire, Crazy Remix, Vertigo
It was definitely not the band, although, Terry Lawless seemed to be there doing a lot of the keyboard stuff.

:hyper: Oooooooy there's one thing I'd be happy to see back in the regular setlist!
UF!!!!

Just confirmed DRay but you just flew into the country on the same plane as U2.:D

:shocked: . . . that is awesome :up:

The techs were soundchecking a lot of songs today Let's see which get played. I'll put the spoiler tags in case there is someone who doesn't want to read this.

New Year's Day, Boy Falls from the Sky, One Tree Hill, Return of the Stingray Guitar, Bad, Beautiful Day,Mysterious Ways, Unknown Caller, Miss Sarajevo, With or Without You, Unforgettable Fire, Crazy Remix, Vertigo
It was definitely not the band, although, Terry Lawless seemed to be there doing a lot of the keyboard stuff.

there is so much in that sound check that just makes me hap-hap-happy :heart:

Catching up on this thread, and seeing the claw pic made my stomach lurch. You know you're in uber-fan mode if...

:hi5: . . . have been officially banned from talking about U2, claws, new zealand, australia, music, tickets etc etc . . . because my level of mania excitement is frightening my children/family/friends/colleagues :lol:

claw :heart:

ETA: I had forgotten how delicious Tim Tam's are. :wink:

:sexywink: . . . don't forget the timtam straw now :drool:

:hyper: :wave: :hyper:

yay rosa, dray, coolian, werndy, et all

so excited for you: the aussies, kiwi's and all who
could fly downunder!!!!

Love the spy photos! :lol:

Dray, how f' ing cool was that... being on their flight!

only cooler would have been actually seeing them!

:half-asleep First Class Passanger: *thinks*
=tomorrow go to stadium=
=TODAY go to hotel= =put swim suit on=
=go to beach=
U2 heading down the aisle:
:adam: "Sorry, excuse me"
:edge: "oops! Oh, sorry, mate!"
hasFCp: = watching cute guys on beach =
hasFCp: " = ...... beachzzz.....zzzz..... "Ouch!!!
...........wt..... *looks up into ....*
:bono: "Ooo, I am SO soory, miss ! You ok?"
hasFCp: *???...!!!!!!!!!!! *

First time I've checked in here since being in Auck. Was hanging with rosa and dray. The tech sound check was awesome! Tonight hopefully the band will do their own check.

IMPORTANT: Were now meeting at 4pm this arvo instead of 7 at the muddy farmer. Cya soon!

Hey, just curious when you heard some of those songs, because my source at the stadium didn't hear some of them. He went home at 9:20, so was there more soundchecking later?

The songs he didn't hear:
NYD, Boy Falls, Stingray, Bad, BD, MW, Unknown Caller, Miss Sarajevo, WOWY, UF.

YAY for people using the spoiler buttons! Thank you, I'm hoping there'll be one or two setlist changes and to maintain any surprises.

BOOOO for people who are going to the concert spoiling any surprises for themselves! Can youse not even wait three nights ...?

See y'all in the Irish pub tomorra night!

Hey, just curious when you heard some of those songs, because my source at the stadium didn't hear some of them. He went home at 9:20, so was there more soundchecking later?

The songs he didn't hear:
NYD, Boy Falls, Stingray, Bad, BD, MW, Unknown Caller, Miss Sarajevo, WOWY, UF.

We were actually there relatively early in the afternoon. We left by 6, so everything we heard was between 4-6PM.

BOOOO for people who are going to the concert spoiling any surprises for themselves! Can youse not even wait three nights ...?

cathalmc, really!

lol i seriously don't know how you can say this... i mean, how many zillions of concerts have you been to lately, compared with these guys who've been waiting for ages? :tsk:

let them enjoy their moment lol!

YAY for people using the spoiler buttons!

QUOTE]

Some of us don't have the chance to see as many concerts as you Cathalmac so we take the chance to see U2 when we can.

Well, I prefer not to know what's Santa's bringing me. Concerts are always better when you have that "Oh, I didn't expect *that* song!" moment; which is why Barcelona 1 last year was one of my fav shows.

I had a great surprise for Stingray Guitar, Miss Sarajevo, Glastonbury, North Star and Hold Me Thrill Me in Turin, whereas thousands of people knew exactly what songs they'd be hearing before they went in to the *first damn show* because they were listening to the rehearsals.

If I wasn't seeing any shows till next year then I wouldn't be following setlists now.

But, if ya gotta peel back the wrapping paper and peek then go for it!

Some of us don't have the chance to see as many concerts as you Cathalmac so we take the chance to see U2 when we can.

Hey, yeah, I know that and I hope I didn't come across as arrogant. I realise how lucky I've been. But if I was just seeing one show then I'd still be avoiding rehearsal news and setlists.

I find it fun to get all excited about what they're rehearsing. Mostly because the setlists posts are always filled with, "JESUS, IALW AGAIN!?!?" so it's a nice break.

I tried to stay away from the posts since I'm seeing them in Sydney but IT IS like being 8 years old and sneaking around the house while your parents are busy to see what they got you for Christmas. :hyper:

I am enjoying just going to the rehearsals and listening to their music. I don't care that it will spoil the concert because for me it wont.
Besides Bono sometimes inserts the unexpected eg Bad at the second Vertigo Auckland concert.

As far as the spoilers thing goes, I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Luckily or otherwise, my hand is forced on the matter, because of my role on U2gigs.

Sometimes I think it'd be nice to be surprised. On the rare occasion when something has happened that has been missed by all the spoiler whores (like when U2 did a secretive soundcheck in Coimbra and played Boy Falls From The Sky), it's quite fun. Though it is U2, meticulous and pre-planned to the nth degree, so any surprise or spontaneity is basically fabricated. I know there's an element of kidding myself whenever there's a moment of "oh my god I can't believe they're doing that!", because of course I can, it's U2 and they thought about it too fucking much before doing it. For the record, if I am actually at a gig and given the chance to look at the setlist prior to the show, I turn the chance down (though I make sure somebody else knows it, in case the band deviate - I would probably look if I didn't know any reliable person who wanted to peek).

There's also the point that sometimes rehearsals and soundchecks are the only way to hear some songs. This tour, so far the only way you could have heard Drowning Man, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, acoustic Mysterious Ways, and full band North Star was via spoilers. A number of infrequently performed songs have been heard by more fans thanks to soundchecks and rehearsals than at actual concerts.

And the way U2 fans blab, it's hard to avoid spoilers even if you try. The folks I know who tried to avoid spoilers prior to the first leg last year generally had the biggest surprises (like UF) spoiled well in advance.

Well, I prefer not to know what's Santa's bringing me. Concerts are always better when you have that "Oh, I didn't expect *that* song!" moment; which is why Barcelona 1 last year was one of my fav shows.

I had a great surprise for Stingray Guitar, Miss Sarajevo, Glastonbury, North Star and Hold Me Thrill Me in Turin, whereas thousands of people knew exactly what songs they'd be hearing before they went in to the *first damn show* because they were listening to the rehearsals.

If I wasn't seeing any shows till next year then I wouldn't be following setlists now.

But, if ya gotta peel back the wrapping paper and peek then go for it!

well, at least you weren't quite as condescending as your first post on the matter.

i don't see it that way, i see rehearsals as free music and a bit of fun for the diehard fans.

I am enjoying just going to the rehearsals and listening to their music.

Which I completely understand and accept. I've listened to and seen (through gaps in stadium walls) a few soundchecks and I know how intriguing they are.

But I do have this stubborn idea for the first show that I'll see on a tour leg to avoid any rehearsal news. When they play Hawkmoon and Indian Summer Sky tomorrow it'll be a complete surprise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom