No Bay Area Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats the big question. I'm of the mind right now that the bay area is not on this leg, and that there will be another set of codes for a next leg pre-sale. I also don't think getting general sale tix will be so difficult. of course I've been wrong maybe once or twice before......

*that* would be too much to bear. who knows, there might be more than one vegas show so worth traveling for? that's a town people like to travel to and i think i heard that the stadium is on the smaller side. plus it's a quick flight from SF/San Jose/Oakland :yes:

I think Sam Boyd in Vegas is the smallest venue on the current tour.

I'm really bummed about the no Bay Area show either. I enjoy the shows up there much more. I'll be going to LA, I suppose. Easier to drive there for me than Vegas. I keep hoping for a Bay Area show but not knowing how long it will take them to announce that date is gonna get me, I just know it.

$190 r/t - that's not bad at all. la is tempting but isn't the rose bowl a really crappy venue? went there for a couple of sports events years ago and it seemed really antiquated at the time.

and does anyone even think there's a slight chance that they'll add a date in Oakland or SF? i'd much rather use my code locally.

Yah there still is a slight chance that they can add a date in the bay area either right before the LA show or right after for instance play on Sun in LA then do a Tues.show in Oakland,but the more likely senario would be to add a Mon show in LA.

Yah there still is a slight chance that they can add a date in the bay area either right before the LA show or right after for instance play on Sun in LA then do a Tues.show in Oakland,but the more likely senario would be to add a Mon show in LA.

I really question whether a second Pasadena Rose Bowl night is even intended. There is room to add it on the 26th, but in 1997, they eventually sold around 65,000 tickets for the Coliseum and the planned second night there never happened. The Rose Bowl will be able to hold around 90,000 for U2, so while I think that show can sell out, I'm not really sure that a second show would sell well enough to justify 2 dates. In 1997, Philadelphia sold out and they added the second show, but it sold real slowly, reportedly only around 10,000 tickets sold before they cancelled it and replaced it with a performance at the Tibetan Freedom Concert on that same day. By being held on the same day, it gave them an excuse as to why they cancelled Philadelphia night 2 instead of stating the poor sales as the reason.

They may be thinking to give the L.A. area a second show in June-July 2010 instead. I picture that Chicago, Foxboro, East Rutherford-New York area and Pasadena-Los Angeles area are cities that may be getting shows on both legs. Toronto could maybe also get a 2010 show.

I really question whether a second Pasadena Rose Bowl night is even intended. There is room to add it on the 26th, but in 1997, they eventually sold around 65,000 tickets for the Coliseum and the planned second night there never happened. The Rose Bowl will be able to hold around 90,000 for U2, so while I think that show can sell out, I'm not really sure that a second show would sell well enough to justify 2 dates. In 1997, Philadelphia sold out and they added the second show, but it sold real slowly, reportedly only around 10,000 tickets sold before they cancelled it and replaced it with a performance at the Tibetan Freedom Concert on that same day. By being held on the same day, it gave them an excuse as to why they cancelled Philadelphia night 2 instead of stating the poor sales as the reason.

They may be thinking to give the L.A. area a second show in June-July 2010 instead. I picture that Chicago, Foxboro, East Rutherford-New York area and Pasadena-Los Angeles area are cities that may be getting shows on both legs. Toronto could maybe also get a 2010 show.

The difference here might be that on the 97 tour, they played two dates in Oakland right before the Coliseum date so that could have lessened demand (if this was the June 97 show you were referring to - can't recall if they made it back to LA on the Fall leg). This time no NoCal shows might mean fans who really want to see them are more willing to travel down. But 90K capacity is HUGE.

Thanks, pudgie_child. I was thinking about Phoenix as an option to Vegas. I just need to figure it out before the presales start.

The difference here might be that on the 97 tour, they played two dates in Oakland right before the Coliseum date so that could have lessened demand (if this was the June 97 show you were referring to - can't recall if they made it back to LA on the Fall leg). This time no NoCal shows might mean fans who really want to see them are more willing to travel down. But 90K capacity is HUGE.

Plus to wobbly tour opening shows in Vegas/San Diego that were still fresh in people's memories.

Anyone else pissed on the west coast???

Perhaps I'm greedy, but why only one show in Los Angeles? Why not add another show like chicago, boston, new york? Hell, their not even playing in San Diego, Anaheim or San Jose...one show in California just sucks in my opinion. I've followed U2 since '87 and they have never skipped out like this before...they could easily sell out another show anywhere in California...

...and to top it off, we get the Black Eyed Peas !!!! :angry:

Yes I'm pretty pissed too that basically they wont be coming anywhere near me until 2010 which is why I'm going to the Vegas show.

I was hoping for a second LA show, but it's not the end of the world. They'll be back to CA next year to make up for it.

It's sad no Northern CA dates this leg ... so Vegas or Phoenix for me which is the smaller stadium?

The Stones played stadiums well into early December why not for U2?

It's sad no Northern CA dates this leg ... so Vegas or Phoenix for me which is the smaller stadium?

The Stones played stadiums well into early December why not for U2?

The band does not want to be on the road during November and December of 2009. They plan to return in June 2010 to North America to play all the places they did not get to in 2009.

The band does not want to be on the road during November and December of 2009. They plan to return in June 2010 to North America to play all the places they did not get to in 2009.

Yea I got that OK. I'm Going to Vegas with a stop at the grand canyon. I'll see them again in the bay area in 2010 with another CD and tour leg.

Wow, it took 6 pages and 2 months for someone to finally make the inevitable Greedy Americans comment. I'm shocked.

Meanwhile, while browsing through the thread to make sure what I just said was actually true ...

U2 doesn't like playing for a bunch of Homos.....except here in Vancouver

What a jackass thing to say. :down:

You greedy Americans...you have plenty of shows to go too! Think of the rest of the world. You guys get the most shows and yet still complain :angry:

America is very, very different than most of the rest of the developed world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom