May, 29, 2011 Canad Inns Stadium - Winnipeg, MB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, why do you always buy two cheap seats instead of one GA?

I usually couchsurf in most cities, especially where hotels are expensive. I like to take my couchsurf host to the gig with me. It would be twice as expensive to buy two GAs, and I gotta try to keep costs as low as possible.

So, for example, I had four nights' accommodation in Helsinki (where hotels ain't cheap) and saw one of the shows for €60. And my hosts don't mind seeing the show from the seats, especially as they ain't paying for it.

I've still seen the show enough times from the field, usually when some overly generous fan gives me a free GA ticket ;)

I usually couchsurf in most cities, especially where hotels are expensive. I like to take my couchsurf host to the gig with me. It would be twice as expensive to buy two GAs, and I gotta try to keep costs as low as possible.

So, for example, I had four nights' accommodation in Helsinki (where hotels ain't cheap) and saw one of the shows for €60. And my hosts don't mind seeing the show from the seats, especially as they ain't paying for it.

I've still seen the show enough times from the field, usually when some overly generous fan gives me a free GA ticket ;)

I'm just poking my nose into this thread to say that I think you are the coolest dude. :D

Gosh. It is finally seeping in. Another U2 fan's dream. I have never in my life been to Manitoba after living in Ontario my entire life. Like most of us on the board here, we've seen the band perform in various places. Seriously??? The Peg? And on my birthday? How could I ever contemplate missing this? My wife even agreed and said that I should be in that stadium for my birthday. Bonkers! It will be the 1st show of this U2 leg. Soooooo pumped! To think they haven't been here since 1997!!

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

It will be the best birthday party ever!!!!!:hyper: So glad you are going to make it!!

Gosh. It is finally seeping in. Another U2 fan's dream. I have never in my life been to Manitoba after living in Ontario my entire life. Like most of us on the board here, we've seen the band perform in various places. Seriously??? The Peg? And on my birthday? How could I ever contemplate missing this? My wife even agreed and said that I should be in that stadium for my birthday. Bonkers! It will be the 1st show of this U2 leg. Soooooo pumped! To think they haven't been here since 1997!!

It's gonna be a great birthday for you! :hug:

Winnipeg is cool. You'll like it :up:

I smell road trip!
The better half is okay with Winnipeg so far. :up::up::up:

This is turning into the cool pre-party for Montreal and Toronto!

It's gonna be so much fun! First show of the leg for me :hyper:

YAY... who's watching the Bombers warm up in the stadium?

I can't watch an Esks game without thinking "I'm GOING TO BE ON THAT FIELD, BABY!"

(Not to mention a Bears game, an Argos/Jays game, a Jets/Giants game etc etc etc)

Wow - still pulling 8 GAs as of 10:15 CST.

However, I can guarantee they are going to PACK the field for this one, that's where the capacity will come from on this one. Gigantic CFL size field... and they'll use it ;)

Wow! That is surprising!:ohmy:

ETA: I tried, and I could pull up 2 high priced tickets in setion E row 30. I am surprised those are considered $250 seats! No $90 seats though!

Does anyone know if they changed the price ranges of seats from the presale to the general sale? I got my tix in sec. D row 21 for $111 each...now I'm finding Sec. U row 21 and sec. E row 30 for the $271 price range. Did we score in the presale or is there some reason for this? It seems there are NO more $111 seats available at all.

Does anyone know if they changed the price ranges of seats from the presale to the general sale? I got my tix in sec. D row 21 for $111 each...now I'm finding Sec. U row 21 and sec. E row 30 for the $271 price range. Did we score in the presale or is there some reason for this? It seems there are NO more $111 seats available at all.

I don't imagine that would have happened... what I DO imagine might be the case, is you might have a bit of obstruction there from the claw leg.

However, DON'T PANIC. The band moves around so much that it will be negligable... however I expect that is why those tix were $111.

I don't imagine that would have happened... what I DO imagine might be the case, is you might have a bit of obstruction there from the claw leg.

However, DON'T PANIC. The band moves around so much that it will be negligable... however I expect that is why those tix were $111.

Thx EdgeFest. That makes sense. Now I just need to decide if I want those seats or the others I have in Sec. T row 3. It's quite a bit further away...but might end up having a better view. I was at one of the Toronto shows last year so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm in for. Now I've just gotta decide what to do. Any opinions?

By the way, my advice to anyone who doesn't want to pay $250 is go for the $40 ones - you'll be behind the stage, but it's the most bang for your buck, I'd rather be there than way up in the nosebleeds for that price ;)

All my seat numbers are in high teens and low 20's (I have four in sec. V row 45 as well). I bought a bunch for family and now have to decide which ones I want to keep. I'm pretty sure I want the Sec. D ones...just cause they're a bit lower down and relatively close to the stage. But I wouldn't be mad to be on Edge's side either. Hmmm...

Hey Kramwest, if you end up going to Edmonton too, we should carpool. :)

It's a nice thought, but I'm lucky to do Winnipeg. With going to Denver, too, I'll be gone 3 weekends in a row in May--seriously pushing it. The weekend before Denver, I'll be in New Orleans for a tradeshow. I was considering driving from NO to Denver for the show, but with Winnipeg, I'll just fly home after NO. Hit Denver, then drive to Winnipeg (although if I need to pack in some airline miles, I may look at flying to Winnipeg).

Now U2, just don't add a U.S. or Canada date before Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom