May 24 2011, Rice Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks U2inUtah, this is the best sound quality vid I found of that performance:

YouTube - ‪U2 360 May 2011 Salt Lake City - "Until the End of the World"‬‏

Thanks for asking, mate! Although the GA line was longer than I expected when I arrived in the late morning of show day, I got a great spot I wanted, 3 rows from right in front of Adam!!!! Where were you at?

I'm really glad I chose SLC for my first GA because the stadium didn't allow alcohol (ok, don't mean to come off as a religious nut here :lol:), so I could enjoy the pit with sane people. I was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Denver for a tribute band on 20 May, and this big brute was dancing drunkly and spilling his beer on me.

Anyway, back to SLC, I think Bono was in a great mood that day too! He seemed expremely chatty and I loved his intro of the band, and the Edge-built-a-heater story :applaud:

We didn't get into the stadium until 6:30 pm, but still got a good spot near the back of the inner circle on Adam's side. I was right below the bridge Bono is on the at about 3:55 on the 'Until The End of The World' video.

The "No Alcohol Policy" at Rice-Eccles Stadium is not a local Utah law, but is a US federal law that states that no alcohol can be sold on University campuses. It will be the same when U2 plays Vanderbilt Stadium in Nashville later this summer. That said, probably a lower percentage of those going to a SLC U2 show actually drink before the show, so it was still a less rowdy crowd than usual.

Glad you had a great time:up: The weather cleared up perfectly. Yes, Edge's story was hilarious...and I also liked the tributes to Bob Dylan (Love Rescue Me, Happy Birthday, Blowin' In The Wind).

Makes me want to try and hit a few more shows this summer.

Wow, I like the back story on why no alcohol was allowed! It makes me almost want to hit up the Nashville show, especially cos that's on 2nd July and we get a long weekend for 4th of July. I won't though, cos I have tix to the Chicago show, and I'm north of Chicago. I'll be driving down with rosephile!

U2inUtah, I definitely encourage you to hit up a few more shows! Perhaps when they head to the West Coast for the California dates mid-June (coming up really soon).

Just think, it'll be another 5 years (give or take) till the next tour, and do you think Bono's physical prime is gonna increase or decrease in a few more years? :wink: Definitely go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom