May 24 2011, Rice Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there's still GA available for this show. Just pulled up 2 at smithstix. I wonder if this show will even sell out with it being rescheduled. Two of my friends that I was going to go with last year have since moved out of state and won't be going.

Looks like there's still GA available for this show. Just pulled up 2 at smithstix. I wonder if this show will even sell out with it being rescheduled. Two of my friends that I was going to go with last year have since moved out of state and won't be going.

Unfortunately i wont be going either. I was able to get the time off last year but not this year. Im going to St Louis & Nashville instead, which combined would require about as much time off as one trip to Utah, so i guess it all works out in the end.

Just wanted to bump this one up since it's just around the corner - whirlwind weekend in Denver then flying to SLC on day of show!

Nice!. I will be flying in on the day of the show too, around 3 PM. I'll just drop my stuff at the hotel and head to the Stadium :hyper:

I'm driving. Planning on taking the scenic route (so as to see hopefully-cool places like Dinosaur Monument) over the two days between shows. Apparently the road through Rocky Mountain National Park is usually closed until Memorial Day weekend, so...guess I'm not going through there! I hope one of the roads just N or S of the park will be open so I won't have to go back to the interstate. I suppose I'll try to find out from locals whether such roads are open/passable when I'm there.

Anyone local/from Denver on here? Have you ever looked for pikas in the mountains? :D

If anybody needs a place to stay on the nights of May 23rd and 24th and have a few dollars to chip in, you're welcome to stay w me in SLC.

I'm staying at Marriott Residence Inn SLC and a less expensive hotel on 24th.

Email me for w any questions: davidbschroeder@gmail.com

Thanks,

<>

I'm driving. Planning on taking the scenic route (so as to see hopefully-cool places like Dinosaur Monument) over the two days between shows.

How is that drive? I think my mate Brad has booked us train tickets (13 hours or something!), but driving obviously gives that extra freedom.

No idea, I've never been there before. :) Yeah, that freedom's the reason I like driving so much...but kicking back and not worrying about anything on a train sounds good too, especially if you're stressed.

Weather this week looks [nice and] cool in Denver, highs in the 60s sort of thing. ETA---aaaaand there I go again thinking I'm in the Denver thread. Whoops.

Booked a room at the University Guest House today, yay! Has there been anything mentioned yet about a get together the night of the 23rd?

Found this on Facebook for pre-concert festivities....

Time Monday, May 23 at 8:00pm - May 24 at 2:00am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location Piper Down Pub
1492 South State StreetSalt Lake City, UT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created By Charee Housekeeper

More Info U2 360° Tour Tuesday May 24, 2011 Join us for an evening of fun, music and prizes in celebration of their arrival! Monday May 23 at 8:00.

Featuring:
♫ U2 Tribute Band~Achtung Babies 8:00pm
•Free Texas Hold'em Poker 8:00pm
♫Vagabond Swing from Louisiana 10:00pm
•$3.00 Steins • U2 Trivia • Food •
***Win prizes!!***U2 tickets and $ to be given away.

~PLEASE~ only RSVP if planning to attend. $5.00 cover charge at door.

Website
http://www.piperdownpub.co/m/

Map
http://www.piperdownpub.co/m/contact.html

BUY TICKETS
U2 360° Tour - Rescheduled - Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT - May 24, 2011 - Smith's Tix
U2 Tickets | Buy your U2 concert tickets at TicketsNow!

Deena Dietrich ~Writer from U2TourFans will also be there, follow her story On the Road with U2 at:
On the road with U2 - U2 360 Tour News, U2 Videos, U2 Music, U2 Concerts, U2 Lyrics, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube

Nice! I might just try and get out of town sooner to make it to this. Buuuuuut, there is probably about a 10% chance that we'll be on time driving down from Great Falls. My wife has an ultrasound early Monday to find out if we're going to have a boy or girl. It's baby #2 for us and we'll be taking it easy on the drive down. Best part is that we did get a sitter so this will probably be our last "trip" out together before #2 comes. Too few and far between living the military life... we're going to enjoy this trip! In N Out is on the list and just taking it easy. Hope to see some people there!

Hi all!! :wave: I live a few blocks from the stadium in SLC - and am doing a daily drive by to monitor Claw progress. No trucks as of today (May 14), but looks like they'll be rolling into town on Monday. I'll try to post some photos as it goes up if I can.

Just a heads up on the area - you will definitely be within walking distance of several restaurants/cafes while in line - it is pretty accessible. Also - just FYI the weather here has been complete crap (very off and on) - so to be on the safe side, plan on the possibility of rain showers, plus make sure you bring something warmish for the show. It has been unseasonably cool/wet this Spring. This is a great venue and very small - so it should be an awesome show.

Love & Peace:heart:

Anybody having any problem with Smith's Tix? My GA ticket (via mail) just got returned to them, so now I gotta do Will Call on show day!

Lady on the phone said I can just line up in the GA line, and when they scan everyone else's tickets to get into the stadium, I just show them my picture ID and I can also get into the stadium (meaning to say, I don't have to line in the Will Call box office line, just the GA line)

Does this sound normal for U2 shows (or for Rice Eccles events, if there're any Utah natives out there?)

I don't know how much I trust the smith tix phone reps. The first lady told me something completely different. Sheeesh

Wow... guess if I were in that position I'd line up in GA and hope the will call opens before they let GA in so I could have people hold my place while I went over to will call. :/ Good luck. I got my GA forever ago without trouble (though iirc it raised my eyebrow because the ticket was in plain sight/not concealed in the slightest.

I would definitely try to get an actual ticket from will call prior to going in. With all the craziness of people getting scanned and rushing in, having to match your ID to a list sounds like it will just slow you down. Good luck! Hopefully will call opens before they let GA in.

^^ Thanks Rosephile and Mads! Aww, great. Just great. I think Will Call opens at 5pm. GA ENTRY also opens at 5pm, right?

Great.... sheessh. I think it is pointless for me to do an overnight in the GA line then. I might just waltz down at 3pm-ish on show day and hop in the GA line. No point getting my hopes too high.

I think SLC is the best chance for us to get 'up close and personal' with the boys. Look at the number of pages of this thread compared to other shows! I've also read here that a couple of people are not doing SLC anymore, GA tickets still available, stadium being one of the smallest on this tour... :hyper:

I just did a quick (well kinda long and slow) count of tickets remaining in each section. You can do it at smithstix.com I counted 1/2 the stadium x2 and there are 4142 tickets still for sale. There are also a couple hundred tix for sale on ksl.com (local classifieds). GA's going for less or right at face value. The stadium holds 46,000, but I assume GA has 4 or 5,000 so I would expect about 46-47,000 there total.

I think the reschedule really hurt ticket sales on this one.
I for one know quite a few that got refunds on their tickets, or can't come a year later.

Anyways, can't wait for the show:drool:

I'm still deciding my GA strategy. If anyone else has any advice I would appreciate it. Do you think just going at 5:00 pm when the gates open I can still get a decent spot outside the circle? I really don't want to wait in a line all day:wink:

Edit: Looks like some people have gone as late as 6:30 and still gotten in the inner circle. Interesting...

Poor hand0lotion...

Yup, seems like you can show up any old time and get into the inner circle. The waiting in line part's for if you want to be near or on the rail anywhere remotely close to the middle/front-side of the stage (same with the back of the circle). And especially if you want to be on the rail outside the circle/in the main GA--those spots seem reserved for those in line before 10am (i.e. not me, haha).

If you're determined to get into the pit then you should prob show up lunchtime or early afternoon to guarantee it. But I managed to get into the pit at some shows in the US in 2009 after U2 came onstage.

Also, the side of the pit is a poor place to see the show from imo. You're close to but behind the band, can only see Edge / Adam, and Bono from the waist up. Although Bono will sing from the bridges directly over your head during part of a song or two which is very exciting.

And the sound can be poor, far too bassy and blurry. You can always squeeze through the crowd in the pit to the middle with a determined mix of politeness and rudeness.

I know the 10 day forecasts have been out for a couple of days. National Weather Service 7 day is out. Tuesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 60. Haha, knowing how this weather biz goes, I'm hoping that the temps go up. I can live with an isolated thunderstorm. Weather and how the wife is feeling will determine our GA strategy. Gonna make our 2nd kiddo a U2 fan before he/she is born.

Hi all...just have to tell you that the weather here in SLC completely SUCKS right now. We have had torrential downpours for two days straight, and rain forecasted for the next several days. This is really strange for this time of year - so fingers crossed that Tuesday will be a bit better. At any rate - make sure you bring some sort of rain gear, and something warm for night. This has just been a really bizarre spring weather-wise, so God knows what we'll get on Tuesday.

Claw trucks are here, but I can't tell if much progress has been made - it was pouring today!! I'm doing an early GA line-up with a bunch of friends, but I'm thinking you could do a later afternoon arrival and still get a great spot. Should be a rather 'intimate' venue for the show! See you there:wave:

I just did a quick (well kinda long and slow) count of tickets remaining in each section. You can do it at smithstix.com I counted 1/2 the stadium x2 and there are 4142 tickets still for sale. There are also a couple hundred tix for sale on ksl.com (local classifieds). GA's going for less or right at face value. The stadium holds 46,000, but I assume GA has 4 or 5,000 so I would expect about 46-47,000 there total.

I think the reschedule really hurt ticket sales on this one.
I for one know quite a few that got refunds on their tickets, or can't come a year later.

Sheesh, that's terrible. Hope they don't see the huge number of empty seats and decide Utah will never be visited again.

Hi all...just have to tell you that the weather here in SLC completely SUCKS right now. We have had torrential downpours for two days straight, and rain forecasted for the next several days. This is really strange for this time of year - so fingers crossed that Tuesday will be a bit better. At any rate - make sure you bring some sort of rain gear, and something warm for night. This has just been a really bizarre spring weather-wise, so God knows what we'll get on Tuesday.

Wow. I didn't know weather in SLC could be so smoke-and-mirrors.

And I thought Denver's weather predictability was bad.

Just got this email from Smith's Tix today...

Get ready Salt Lake, the world's most successful tour of all time, U2 360 Tour with special guest The Fray rocks Rice-Eccles Stadium May 24th!

With a cylindrical video system of interlocking LED panels, and a steel structure rising 150 feet from the floor over a massive stage with rotating bridges, the band has truly created an intimate 360 experience for concert goers.

To make sure that U2 fans have the most memorable experience, we wanted to highlight some important items for the day of the show.

We strongly encourage fans to use public transportation to arrive at Rice-Eccles Stadium. The Stadium TRAX line drops you off just west of the stadium, with a short walk across the parking lot.

If you plan to drive, please view the Rice-Eccles Stadium parking map here.

The Main Ticket Office for sales and Will Call is located at the Southwest corner of the Stadium.

Fans will be able to queue up no earlier than 7:00 AM the day of the show at Service Gate 2 on the Northwest side of the stadium between Gates E & F.

This is a rain or shine event.

For more information, please visit Rice-Eccles Stadium's U2 360 Tour Guide.

We hope that you enjoy the show!

I'm glad they're at least acknowledging that fans will be arriving early in the morning and they're planning for it. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom