May 21, 2011 - Invesco Field - Denver, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a ticket, but then was out for the old one, but seeing as it's now the first of the leg I'm in! :) Glad I couldn't unload it, lol. Can't wait!

If this is the first U.S. Leg show, I will be there.

(Damn SLC trying muscle out Anaheim as the Leg opener in 2010. Why I oughta... :rant: )

just booked a room at the hotel vq. it's the hotel right next to the stadium.

it's $149 for saturday night

or $129/night if it's friday & saturday

Really. When I had it booked for this year it was $60.00 a night and one of them was a Saturday. I used the link to that travel site Paulrg has in his signature.

i kept trying the website all morning long but it was down. i should have called at 8 this morning.

they probably had enough time to jack up the rates like they did for anaheim.

i already have a roomie. so it's all good.

i still have my confirmation for the postponed dates. i would have paid $109 / $99 for the two nights.

I'll be flying in on the day of the show. I just grabbed a seat from TM. So that means I'll be selling my GA here.

Doesn't still snow in Colorado in the month of May?:huh:

I'll be flying in on the day of the show. I just grabbed a seat from TM. So that means I'll be selling my GA here.

Doesn't still snow in Colorado in the month of May?:huh:

I think it's been known to in early May but we should be safe by the time the show rolls around... :) But, I was also thinking that it could still be mighty chilly for the show!

Was looking at some tours while I am there, but it looks like the best mountain ones don't start until the week after the show. :p

True 'dat. I've already booked a backup reservation for myself at the Courtyard downtown - while the VQ is a great location for the show itself, it's not as good for me for the rest of my stay (plus the reviews I'm reading aren't so hot) - I don't drive - so I went with being more in the center. It's easy enough to get to the stadium still, I don't have GA for this show anyway!

Think I am going to use my JetBlue credit from the SLC cancellation for this flight, should cover it exactly, but the dates won't be opening up for booking for several months yet.

Definitely want to go visit Red Rocks while I'm there.

Definitely want to go visit Red Rocks while I'm there.

I had been to see Red Rocks once in the summertime, and it was really cool. Then, last Fall I took my niece and nephews there just to see it. There was a snow dusting on everything and the wind was howling around us--even more awesome.

I still haven't been to a show there though. :angry:

Well, in the interest of thoroughness, I just booked at the Hampton Inn on Speer Blvd. north of the stadium. Roughly $130 per night with AAA discount for Fri. and Sat.

I'm pretty sure it is walkable. Google says 1.2 miles.

Well, in the interest of thoroughness, I just booked at the Hampton Inn on Speer Blvd. north of the stadium. Roughly $130 per night with AAA discount for Fri. and Sat.

I'm pretty sure it is walkable. Google says 1.2 miles.

I was at the stadium this past June. Let me tell you that Invesco Field isn't in the best neighborhood. It's surrounded by abandoned buildings, freeway underpasses, and railroad tracks.:shifty:

There's a light rail station that serves the stadium, but you'll essentially walk through an alleyway and under the freeway in order to get to the stadium from it.

Anyway, I just booked one night at the VQ out of the sake of convenience. I'll probably end up renting a car- Denver is a very driveable city.:up:

I'm pondering this show as it's the Saturday of the May long weekend (aka May 2-4 (for the 24s of beer drunk that weekend) or the real name, Victoria Day weekend)... especially since I may be going to SLC a couple days later *g* (That show's the day before my 40th!)

I was at the stadium this past June. Let me tell you that Invesco Field isn't in the best neighborhood. It's surrounded by abandoned buildings, freeway underpasses, and railroad tracks.:shifty:

There's a light rail station that serves the stadium, but you'll essentially walk through an alleyway and under the freeway in order to get to the stadium from it.

Anyway, I just booked one night at the VQ out of the sake of convenience. I'll probably end up renting a car- Denver is a very driveable city.:up:

I wandered around there years ago when the stadium was new. A client of mine worked on the stadium. I'm not really worried about the neighborhood since there'll be hundreds of people wandering around after the show. It should be fine.

Denver IS a driveable city, but hell, Colorado is a driveable state. My friends used to live up in Red Feather Lakes (NW of Fort Collins), and it was barely a 2 and a half hour drive up from the airport.

I'm probably gonna go with a Hyatt, since there's a bazillion of them in Denver, and I'm one of their Gold Passport members.

:hmm: I am actually now looking into making this into a road trip, starting with Denver, to Rocky Mountain National Park, to SLC for the 5/24 show, then spend the rest of the week (including Memorial Day) in Arches NP or Zion. I feel obligated to use my Annual National Park pass... :crack:

:hmm: I am actually now looking into making this into a road trip, starting with Denver, to Rocky Mountain National Park, to SLC for the 5/24 show, then spend the rest of the week (including Memorial Day) in Arches NP or Zion. I feel obligated to use my Annual National Park pass... :crack:

I have a tradeshow the weekend before in New Orleans and was contemplating road trip up to Denver through a few states I haven't been to (Oklahoma & Kansas)--making work pay for the rental car. :hmm:

I suppose that time of year I could try out some amateur tornado chasing, too. :D

Haha!

I wish there was a show in New Orleans, I'd like to go there someday and it'd be a perfect excuse. I'm sure Louisiana is more exciting than Oklahoma and Kansas are, anyway (unless you consider getting pulled over for the first time for a speeding ticket in Kansas exciting, ugh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom