May 15, 2011 - Estadio Azteca - Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
With the 360° May 14th show at the Azteca Stadium selling out so quickly, news was released today that a second show has been added - this will take place on SUNDAY MAY 15th

Tickets go on sale to Banamex cardholders on Monday October 4th at 11am (local time) and to the general public on Wednesday October 6th at 11am (local).

But U2.com subscribers can enter a special advance presale ahead of this public onsale beginning tomorrow, SATURDAY October 2nd at 11am and running through to Monday October 4th at 11am (local). Subscribers will be emailed today with details of presale timings.

Has anyone else received this message from Ticketmaster? I don't arrive to Mexico City until 05/10/2011 :(

Estimado Cliente,

Debido a la gran demanda generada del evento de U2 360º TOUR que se llevará a cabo en el Estadio Azteca el día 11 de Mayo. NO TENDREMOS WILL CALL EN EL INMUEBLE EL DIA DEL EVENTO y Debido a la complejidad en la logística de un evento de esta magnitud, SUS BOLETOS SERAN CANCELADOS si no los recoge a más tardar el 09 de Mayo antes de las 20:00 horas con los siguientes requisitos:

1.- Tarjeta de crédito con la que hizo la compra. (IMPORTANTE: La tarjeta será planchada como comprobante de tarjeta presente, por lo tanto no se reciben tarjetas mini o sin embozar).
2.- Identificación oficial (únicamente credencial del IFE, cartilla, pasaporte o cédula profesional).
3.- Numero de confirmación entregada al momento de su compra.
Ver Centros Ticketmaster que entregan Will Call

Hacer caso omiso si ya recogió sus boletos.

Atención y Servicio a Clientes Ticketmaster
Tel. (01 55) 5133-1626 ó (01 55) 5325-9000 (Opción 2)
Horario de Atención:
Lunes a Viernes de 8:00 a 22:00 hrs.
Sábados de 9:00 a 21:00 hrs. y
Domingos de las 10:00 a las 19:00 hrs.

Sin otro particular y en espera de poder servirle nuevamente, reciba un cordial saludo
Muchas gracias
Atención y Servicio a Clientes
Ticketmaster México

you were not given the print tickets option if you were an international customer....so in effect Ticketmaster Mexico just screwed over people who cannot change their plans and travel to Mexico earlier to pick up their tickets.

One of the moderators at U2.com contacted Ticketmaster to see if anything could be done for the international customers but TM would not change anything.

It's ridiculous that they changed the rules regarding ticket collection months after we paid for the tickets. If other countries like Turkey, South Africa and others were able to handle will call ticket distribution why can't Mexico?

I'd be happy to get a refund, or to be able to sell or give my tickets away but that is not possible. Gracias, TM Mexico! :angry:

To be honest I doubt they will cancel the tickets. They just want to get rid of some extra work the day of the event.
That same e-mail went out to the people with "TicketFast" tickets, stating that they need to print their tickets before that sane date and time.
Anyway, I know there's nothing better than being sure about what's going to happen so you should try to contact them personally and ask if they can transfer your order to a ticketmaster outlet in the US so you can pick them up.
If you didn't know, your Ticketmaster account is the same for all the ticketmaster sites no matter the country... so all orders are "shared". It's just a few clicks away, just ask... I recommend you to call and ask for a supervisor, instead of writing an email.
Cya.

With all the news about violence in Mexico, is it safe for U2 to go there? No offense to anyone, but it's so bad that apparently tourism is way down and Americans are discouraged from traveling there.

I thought that was only the border towns that were having such troubles and people were advised to avoid?

sure, in other countries Will Call could be easier, but we're talking about 100.000+ people for EACH show...

Bascially, if you don't go get your tickets at a TM office in Mexico by May 9, you're screwed

I think the deadline for pick up is 2 days before each of the shows. I don't think there are 100,000 will call tickets per show since local people had the ticketfast option, etc. All of the international customers were forced to accept the will call option but then months after the purchase (and after most people booked their vacation days, flights, etc) TM Mexico changed the rules about dates for ticket collection. It wouldn't be so bad if they at least refunded the purchases but no such luck. It's very poor customer service no matter how you look at it.

On the crime issue it has made it difficult for me to persuade friends to go along for the shows. I don't think it will be too dangerous to walk from the hotel to the stadium and back but people are nervous. I survived (and absolutely loved) my U2 trip to South Africa which has its own crime problems and ticket collection issues but Mexico may have defeated me. Ugh!

That might just be a scare tactic to get people to pick up their tickets early. I can't imagine that they'd refuse to give you your tickets if you showed up after the "deadline".

In '06, we had to do Will Call for Monterrey, but could choose TicketFast for MC.

The Will Call in Monterrey was tricky because the TM "office" consisted of a small van with a tiny sign parked in a desolate location behind the stadium. We spent an hour looking for it.

Crime in MC wasn't an issue back then. We got a cab through our downtown hotel to get there, then hailed one of the dreaded green VW Bug taxis afterwards outside the stadium, all without incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom