March 30 & April 2 & 3 2011 - Estadio Unico de La Plata - Argentina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

:lol:

:wave:

e9130.gif
Boca_Juniors_logo.png

Alrighty, confirmed the flight I had on hold...wanted to think about if I wanted to do Santiago too, but decided BsAs will be enough for now. :) I get there noonish on March 25th, and leave the evening of April 7. Last time I went I did Buenos Aires and the NW region, basing myself in Salta. Trying to decide where else to go, thinking maybe Iguazu and points in between? Also, maybe visit Montevideo for a couple of days? (went to Colonia the last time)

So guys, who is up for getting together and having a few drinks after the shows? :)

If we're not going straight back to the queue for the next night's concert, I'd be happy to let you show me around the finer parts Buenos Aires' nightlife.

Just two requests: find out where U2 likes to party and no surprise tranny bars

Gracias

YESSSSSSS!!!!! I knew they were going to add the second date today ^^ I hope I will get ticket this time, ´cause I´ve not managed to buy for the first date ¬¬

If anyone hears about the info and/or booking being open for buses to the show, please let me know. I am a little anxious about that. I may still book something and stay in LaPlata for the nights of April 2-3 but maybe not. I also don't want to stay there the whole period and will definitely commute for the first show, so the info will be very useful!

Did the popularity of this show and others in South America strong enough to help kill the Lollapalooza Chile festival? It's on the April 2/3 weekend, 10 weeks away and no lineup announcement on the horizon.

I'm hoping to go to the 3rd show.
If anyone from NZ is wondering about flights, you can get a return ticket for $999 which is CHEAP but this sale ends on the 31st Jan.

Did the popularity of this show and others in South America strong enough to help kill the Lollapalooza Chile festival? It's on the April 2/3 weekend, 10 weeks away and no lineup announcement on the horizon.

I don't think so

at least NOT HERE in Chile, where the U2 show still hasn't sold out, but we're getting there

besides, anything they bring for Lollapalooza has their own crowds.

IRON MAIDEN plays on Estadio Nacional 2 weeks after U2, and the rumor is that McCartney is coming AFTER that.

Hey everyone. I've never done will-call in a foreign country before.

Where and when should I pick up my GA?

I'm staying at a hostel in La Plata. This will be my first time staying in one.:reject:

From what I've learned, there is a Transfer Express service and the Manuel Tienda Leon bus that can take you from the EZE airport to La Plata.

One thing's true. I am NOT renting a car.

After a week of waiting, I finally just finalized my Buenos Aires accomodations, am staying at a bed and breakfast in Recoleta/Barrio Norte, got a really good rate! Now if I can only get the hotel in Punta del Este to answer back... Are they always this laid back in South America? :wink:

I'm staying at the La Plata Hostel, not too far from the Hostel del Bosque, which is sold out.

A hostel is all I can afford.

I've never stayed in a hostel before? What is it like?

I want to know what I'll be getting myself into.:reject:

Four weeks to go until show #1! I think I have kind of figured out the daily transportation situation to/from the shows from Buenos Aires (the city), but still not sure about where I would go after the show to get the transport back, so if anyone else has info, please post. I am staying in Recoleta, will not be spending hours queuing up but will get there a bit early.

I arrive the 25th, will be headed to Uruguay first but will have about five hours in Buenos Aires that afternoon before my flight, when I will pick up my tickets. How is everyone else's planning going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom