June 7, 2011 - McAfee Coliseum - Oakland, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in line right now! There's about one people in line, but i'm sure everyone else will come any day!

Just need a refresher on some things if anyone can help...its been a while since I have done the GA thing..

I went to see the Elevation show in Oakland and I remember people lined up outside of the parking area in their cars fairly early the morning. Will they still allow that? Also, I remember the GA line being a fairly uncomfortable place - no shade, not really close to any stores/restaurants. The people working for the arena didn't seem too helpful or care much about the policing of the line - thankfully U2 fans are pretty fair and nice people, for the most part (jk...you all are amazing in my experience), and self policed well. I was able to go take a couple of walking/restroom breaks (I think they had portapoties set up in quite a few areas) and to head around the back when the band was rolling in. I think there was gap in the fencing outside the parking area where you could slip though and you were kinda close to a supermarket and some fast food restaurants but the area is a bit sketchy. I remember thinking it was so much more pleasant to do GA in San Jose ... oh well.

I want to show up around 4-5am in a car and wait to park...if I remember right - they pretty much didnt let anyone in either on foot or car until the same time.

Is this all sounding about right for how things should for this show?

Is anyone else annoyed that this show is on like a Tuesday or Wednesday? Maybe because I live here and I have to take time off work and not get paid. Wish it was on a weekend. :grumpy:

Good point. People who have GA will most likely have to take some time off to get a good spot on the field.

With that in mind, I just got a ticket in the first row of club section 237 about 10 minutes ago, so (theoretically), I won't have to take time off to make it to the show (I work in Salinas and can probably leave from work about 4 PM).

In case anyone cares, the Oakland Coliseum has a (or should I say, another) brand-new name:

Overstock.com Coliseum

:lol::laugh:

In case anyone cares, the Oakland Coliseum has a (or should I say, another) brand-new name:

Overstock.com Coliseum

:lol::laugh:

I noticed that when checking to see if Ticketmaster had GAs by some miracle...

:lol: :shifty: No way. It's Oakland Coliseum to me.

Are there any plans for an Interference gathering in Oakland?

I'll be flying in straight from Seattle on the 5th.

On the 6th, I plan to check out Fisherman's Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge during the day. I've never been to San Fran, and I want to soak up the Bay Area as much as possible.:hyper:

We're (krisi83 & me) flying into SFO from Seattle on the 5th, and staying in downtown SF near Union Square until the 8th. We'll be taking the BART to the Coliseum early morning on the 7th (to line up for GA) and will be taking the BART back after the show. Would be good to meet up with others doing the same.

Let us know if there're still the dudes singing "we need the funk" every single night, over and over again, on the street by Union Square. XD

Just wondering if anyone is planning to, ahem, drive to Oakland from Seattle? I'd like to do that west coast road trip instead of flying, but I realise it's a fair wee jaunt.

Just wondering if anyone is planning to, ahem, drive to Oakland from Seattle? I'd like to do that west coast road trip instead of flying, but I realise it's a fair wee jaunt.

Good luck! There must be some people--maybe who live in between the two in Oregon or NorCal--who're driving to both.
/wish I were going to Seattle

We're (krisi83 & me) flying into SFO from Seattle on the 5th, and staying in downtown SF near Union Square until the 8th. We'll be taking the BART to the Coliseum early morning on the 7th (to line up for GA) and will be taking the BART back after the show. Would be good to meet up with others doing the same.

Me too! I'm staying at the Beresford Hotel on Sutter St.:hyper:

I think you've just volunteered to be the organiser!

Sorry, Cathal. I know nothing about the Bay Area.

Maybe an actual Bay Area resident here would do a better job? Wasn't there an Oakland gathering last year when the shows were postposed?:shifty:

Fine by me, but I'm not local...Do you know if it's got parking or is close to a bus line?

Good news for there--Mondays = happy hour the whole day. :D

Fine by me, but I'm not local...Do you know if it's got parking or is close to a bus line?

Good news for there--Mondays = happy hour the whole day. :D

There's no cheap/free parking anywhere but Union Square is easy to get to by BART/Muni/Bus/Cable Car, and it's just a couple blocks off of that. But I may not even be able to make the gathering. If someone has a better idea, by all means, take the reins.

Sorry, wait, my bad. I think I was thinking of somewhere else. These two are in the Union Square/Financial District area:

There The Irish Bank: The Irish Bank
or Foleys: Johnny Foley's Irish Pub & Restaurant ● 243 O'Farrell St, San Francisco ● Tel: (415) 954-0777

If you all are staying closer to Ghiradelli Square / Fisherman's Warf, then North Beach is a better meeting place and there's this one: San Francisco's Premier Irish Pub and Restaurant - North Beach, San Francisco

All three are within walking distance of MUNI/bus

who says we have to meet at a pub? We'll do it where everyone can go. Right, guys? There's a bunch of nice but not too expensive places in San Fran, Oakland, and in between.

I'm staying at fisherman's wharf, but I don't know how long a drive it is between there and Oakland. I hope to be able to make it to wherever gets decided on! Zooey I can't remember where you're staying, but if you want a ride maybe we can work it out so you don't have to drive yourself.

oh by the way: whoever is staying right by the stadium: I'm hoping you will let me use your shower. Thanks!

I wanna go to that pancake place by Union Square (maybe for breakfast after the concert though? No idea if they're open at night). BUT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE MEAL TO BE HAD/I'm not saying this should be *the* meet-up.

where do you live?

Piedmont. Basically 5-10 minutes to various parts of Oakland.

I would totally offer to just cram everyone into my house, except I'm with my family and they'd probably wtf :/ :giggle:

and...did somebody say pancakes? I agree with pancakes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom