June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim VI- What the f*** are we gonna do??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should just make the most of our time in So Cal. A plus is all the friends we are going to see.

We should just make the most of our time in So Cal. A plus is all the friends we are going to see.

Agreed. I'm still excited to be going. :)

Perhaps we should start a new running list of who wants to do what on which day . . . There's the already established Disneyland and CPK gatherings on the 5th, but as for the 6th and 7th, there have been a number of ideas as far as what to do. I've seen Joshua Tree, Knott's Berry Farm, San Diego, the beach, Hollywood , etc thrown out there.

Oh man! I definitely expected a total NA leg postponement but it's still weird to see it being announced! I guess nothing about this surgery was exaggerated. Bono must be even more devastated than anyone here. I hope he makes a full recovery above anything else! :heart:

I'm still in for dinner and whatever else maybe planned

I'll start the Joshua Tree list. That's what I want to do the most and I think the 6th would be a better option since the locals won't have to work.

Who is definitly out for dinner?

We're still looking forward to the trip, too. :yes: It's just going to be extra adventurous because, with a few exceptions, we have absolutely no idea exactly what we're going to be doing. :wink:

^ What do you think? Should it become our theme song???

And guys, I'm heading to the pharmacy to pick up a couple of these for myself. Anyone need a few?
15241-content.jpg

I'll take a bottle, please:D

Not sure we'll make it out. If we do, we'll just be in for the dinner and then maybe head down to San Diego or something. But we'll most likely stay home and see ya'll in 2011.

:sigh:

I just called to cancel my reservation at the Marriott Townplace Suites-
I told her why I was canceling and she said "oh no!, really?"
then she said 90% of our bookings for that weekend were for people going to the concerts1". I told her a good number of people were still going though.
I felt bad

Not sure we'll make it out. If we do, we'll just be in for the dinner and then maybe head down to San Diego or something. But we'll most likely stay home and see ya'll in 2011.

:sigh:

I just cancelled the room. :|
I'm traveling on my own, so while all the alternative plans sound really great, I'd be spending a decent bit of time on my own, without concerts to go to, and the hang out by myself time would be a bit depressing.
I'd need to save the $$ for the new dates, along with vacation days. so if I wait until 2011, I can save the days/carry them over for then.

Okay now the question is....how many of you will still plan to go out to Anaheim when the new date is announced?

I hope to...as long as work or other obligations don't interfere.

well... guys... I will need ALL of you in anaheim. big group hug, k?

i am in for all the fun activities except disneyland.

I feel bad for them, but I was thinking of switching to a new hotel now that there's no reason for me to be right by the stadium :reject:.

Is Newport Beach a long cab ride from Anaheim? I have a phobia of driving in other states :reject:

Well I was thinking that a group picture of a mock GA line AT the stadium would be fitting, a couple of GET WELL posters, inflatable rafts, beers...just a thought...the stadium is gated, however, there is access via the hotel side.

and yes, Laguna/Newport Beach is a long cab ride...understand, Newport Beach really ISN'T a beach...Laguna Beach and the South Coast is where you would really get views and great pics....its a long cab ride.

Well I was thinking that a group picture of a mock GA line AT the stadium would be fitting, a couple of GET WELL posters, inflatable rafts, beers...just a thought...

and yes, Laguna/Newport Beach is a long cab ride...understand, Newport Beach really ISN'T a beach...Laguna Beach and the South Coast is where you would really get views and great pics....its a long cab ride.

Thanks Rick.

I like that idea at the stadium :lol:

The beach sounds great right now.

We are going to be on 20 threads before thses shows actually take place.

Well I was thinking that a group picture of a mock GA line AT the stadium would be fitting, a couple of GET WELL posters, inflatable rafts, beers...just a thought...the stadium is gated, however, there is access via the hotel side.

:up: :)

and Romi, :hug:

Just found out from American that my tickets are non-refundable and no credit either...out $270...ugh.

note to self---book with Southwest next time. No change fees, etc.

Well I was thinking that a group picture of a mock GA line AT the stadium would be fitting, a couple of GET WELL posters, inflatable rafts, beers...just a thought...

:lol: I would LOVE that!! :D We should have a sign that says "Camping out until the future date in 2011"

Actually, I am thinking of writing a travel blog of my journey to the cities that I had originally planned to see U2 in, and keep track of all the U2 fans I'm meeting, the places that I'm going because the concerts have been canceled. And then somehow if I can print out the blog and the pictures and give them to U2 and pretty much let them know the US fans are anxiously waiting for their return. I had the same idea about the GET WELL poster, or in my case it would be something like, "Today you would have been here, meeting all these people, seeing all these wonderful sights".

Who knows, maybe that might cheer Bono up. :)

I wish I could get The Edge to follow me on twitter. :D

Okay now the question is....how many of you will still plan to go out to Anaheim when the new date is announced?

I hope to...as long as work or other obligations don't interfere.

i have the vacation time to burn. just need to make sure everything works with our payroll schedule. i will go to as many shows as i can.

Just found out from American that my tickets are non-refundable and no credit either...out $270...ugh.

note to self---book with Southwest next time. No change fees, etc.

:ohmy:
Ugh is right. i haven't even called Continental yet. maybe if they say the same thing, i'm still coming. My flight was a good price-$280 with all the fees, from Rhode Island. I'd better call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom